Tax free weekend deals!

RC3

Anyone went out and grabbed a good deal?

Went to best buy and had them price match a laptop with newegg. Nothing like paying $999.99 for a $1149.99 laptop. Too bad I have a severe care of buyers remorse on almost any purchase over $200. 

I had my eye on a laptop from one of Newegg's marketplace providers but it's out of stock. Closest price I can find elsewhere is about equal to the price from them *including* tax. Bummer. I ended up ordering a manufacturer refurbished one from ebay for cheaper and will spend some of the difference upgrading to match the specs.

Posting this from my new Macbook Pro!!  My old Macbook is 8 years old and was purchased during the tax free weekend as well.  Its amazing he difference 8 years in technology upgrades make!  

So this Macbook was $1,499.  Since is tax free, that saves $140.  Since my wife is a student, that saved us another $100 and Apple was doing a promotion that if you buy a computer, you get a $100 gift card for the Apple store.  So this saved me $340!  Cant beat that man.  

Amazing how lowering taxes helps people spend money.... 

• Like 1

I had my eye on a laptop from one of Newegg's marketplace providers but it's out of stock. Closest price I can find elsewhere is about equal to the price from them *including* tax. Bummer. I ended up ordering a manufacturer refurbished one from ebay for cheaper and will spend some of the difference upgrading to match the specs.

Best buy had to order mine since they didnt have it in stock. And they still price matched it and everything. And I dislike shopping there. They offered a killer deal on a "open box" laptop they had, but I decided against it. Replacing parts on a laptop is not fun nor easy since they are a LOT more specific to the model. 

Open box doesn't often mean broken though. You do have to watch what you're buying though. I got fed up of replacing hinges on the cheaper Toshibas and Compaqs so started going Thinkpad.

I used to order laptops form dell. Built to order and they never worked as intended. But as soons as ASUS started building them, other companies sprung up. Cant wait to run CAD on this lenovo.

Got the wife a new macbook air a bit ago, just a replacement, MBP had a few years on it.

Was hoping they had the new mac mini out by now but there's no telling on it so we didn't want to spend anything "updating" my system to one that has already been out for 2 years now.

Bought a new 17” Inspiron laptop from Dell.com. Got a free 7” tablet, upgraded to 8”, tablet has Win8 Pro not RT can run legacy apps and has Office included. On sale, No tax, and discount code. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

I bought the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro for $949.  Was 1199 before tax before this weekend.  I really wanted to order a Thinkpad Yoga (business model of the one I got), but the specs are exact same other than a couple of small differences in the outer shell and a couple of connectors.  Wasn't worth an extra $500 for me.  I have 15 days to see if I really like, but so far so good.

Aimpoint Pro & a SSA-E trigger from Outpost Armory.  It wasn't tax free, but it was 20% off!!   :pleased:

An Aimpoint PRO at 20% off can be a great deal.  Those are solid optics.

The rest of the tax free weekend I blew off.  Even a 9.75% discount isn't worth being out in public when shoppers descend en-masse like they do on these weekends.

• Like 1

We took the grand daughter to Pigeon Forge to see WonderWorks for her birthday on Saturday. There were bumper to bumper cars from 441 through to  Pigeon Forge, with about 90% of them turning into the parking lot at the Outlet Mall. The 10% savings fighting all those shoppers would not be worth it to me.