The joys of road rage.

The speed at which I travel is directly related to the following distance of the car behind me..  I want a bumper sticker that says 'CLOSER YOU FOLLOW = SLOWER I GO'

had a guy in a old Buick today on my ass in a 45 so close that my tailgate covered his hood.  All I could see was glass.  He did not like that I then went 35.  NO braking just letting off the gas,  I think he liked that less.

I just ordered one of these   http://www.realtruck.com/go-rhino-4-oval-hitch-steps/

If some ass like this hits me it will never touch my bumper

• Like 1

had a guy in a old Buick today on my ass in a 45 so close that my tailgate covered his hood.  All I could see was glass.  He did not like that I then went 35.  NO braking just letting off the gas,  I think he liked that less.

I just ordered one of these   http://www.realtruck.com/go-rhino-4-oval-hitch-steps/

Rolling through a construction zone at 55MPH, the posted limit, I had a woman get so close I couldn't see her hood. She IMMEDIATELY threw her hands in the air and started honking the horn as soon as she got that close. 

I think we were rolling at 25MPH before we made it to our exit. She was grabbing her steering wheel and just shaking her car all over the road with rage.

I would have slowed down more, but that would have been pushing it at that point. I think that was the meanest I ever got, after losing a friend to a dumbass driver when he stopped on the side of the road on duty, I don't take idiots in construction zones, or anywhere workers are present, lightly. 

Rolling through a construction zone at 55MPH, the posted limit, I had a woman get so close I couldn't see her hood. She IMMEDIATELY threw her hands in the air and started honking the horn as soon as she got that close.

I think we were rolling at 25MPH before we made it to our exit. She was grabbing her steering wheel and just shaking her car all over the road with rage.

I would have slowed down more, but that would have been pushing it at that point. I think that was the meanest I ever got, after losing a friend to a dumbass driver when he stopped on the side of the road on duty, I don't take idiots in construction zones, or anywhere workers are present, lightly.

Yes! Construction zones are the worst for these people. They can't pass and you can't pull over, and they expect you to drive unsafe and BREAK THE LAW just so they can drive a little faster.

Yep. I do the same thing. Get on my bumper, we're only gonna go slower.... a lot slower, until they give me safe enough distance that I can speed up.

It blows my mind that people act like the problem exists with those who follow the law and drive safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have at least 100 stories just from my drive to and from Gatlinburg this past weekend, my favorite though:

I know there's a little blonde hanging out in my blindspot... she's been there for at least 3 miles. So I tell the wife "Hey, want me to prove someones an a$$hole?" She says "How?". I lift my left hand to the roof, point my index finger down and firmly depress the blinker to indicate left. Blindspot Betty hammers the gas pedal ensuring her pole position and proving once again how predictable people are.

***edit*** I spellz gud

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Like 2

I had someone follow me one day, someone cut me off and I locked up the brakes to keep from hitting them, honked the horn and went around. They then proceeded to cut another lane of traffic off and drove on the shoulder to catch up to me and followed me for about 3 miles leaning out the window yelling. I kept driving and they finally turned off.

I tend to drive about 6-7 mph over what's posted but I try not to ride people's bumpers and don't honk and carry on when they are doing the speed limit. I will usually flip you the bird if you cut me off and cuss inside my car but not yelling out the window and waving around.

I can see myself forgetting its there and destroying my shins in the processes. Never fails with my three ball tow hitch.

I've actually have seen "Brush Guards" for the rear bumpers of trucks/SUV's.

Might not be a good thing. I know my hitch would transfer any impact directly to the structure of the car where the bumper has shock absorbers (though that may work differently for trucks? That receiver looks like it would get the brunt of the impact in any case).

Edited by tnguy

Yes! Construction zones are the worst for these people. They can't pass and you can't pull over, and they expect you to drive unsafe and BREAK THE LAW just so they can drive a little faster.

Totally agree.  It blows my mind that somehow "normal" has become so twisted that me obeying the posted speed limit (and not just in construction zones) is grounds for the driver behind me to tailgate me, honk his horn, actually become angry, pull up alongside me to yell obscenities at me, and then zoom past and cut me off.

I didn't call his sister a whore; I didn't kick his dog.  I just complied with the law.  Guess that makes me an a$$hole.  

Edited by Wheelgunner
  • Like 1

This is an interesting thread. I've got my road rage stories too and agree that many drivers are truly unaware behind the wheel. I find it interesting, however, in this whole thread there's not been a bad driver. And when speaking to others at work or in public, etc. I've never met a self proclaimed bad driver. I say this humorously, but since we all talk about bad drivers and have never met all these bad drivers we talk about, where do the bad drivers live and work that they are never in public? :) Also, pertaining to the tailgating, I do my best to keep a decent distance between myself and the car ahead of me, it seems like an invitation for everyone to cut in front me though. It's almost defensive driving to tailgate just to avoid people cutting me off at times. I ride a motorcycle too it's truly amazing the things I see on it. Just my .02

Some people do admit to being bad drivers.

Just not in so many words....

[quote name="Clod Stomper" post="1186483" timestamp="1409888457"]Some people do [color=#ff0000]admit to being bad drivers.[/color] [color=#0000ff]Just not in so many words....[/color][/quote] I guess you missed the satire of my post. Nobody is innocent, including you I'm sure. :rolleyes:

A few months ago, I was driving home from work. I don't now the details of what happened, but this woman was absolutely enraged at a man in a different vehicle. She was honking and shaking her fist, and rocking the car by holding the steering wheel. I noticed this at a stop light we were all at. When the light changed, the man got the jump on her and somehow a car ended up between them. She became so enraged, that she started driving very erratically. She did a two lane sweep into oncoming traffic across a solid yellow line, jumped back around and cut me off, nearly clipping my bumper, floored the gas, and locked up the brakes at the next red light, right behind the guy, but not fully in her lane. She was taking up both lanes.

She then proceeds to get out of her car and pounded on the guys window, kicked his tires, and dropped all kinds of profanity that made even me uncomfortable. Meanwhile she's screaming at him about what a horrible driver the guy was.

Oh, the irony

here is a pic of the hitchstep installed

photobucket-6783-1409929789996.jpg

It is pretty solid.  Duct tape is to protect it until the shim adhesive dries.

I have read testimonials on a Ford forum about it being effective in low speed impacts.   I figure with a high speed impact the receiver getting torqued will be the least of the problem.

It also will be handy for stepping up on to reach items in the bed where I don't want to lower the gate.

here is a pic of the hitchstep installed

photobucket-6783-1409929789996.jpg

It is pretty solid.  Duct tape is to protect it until the shim adhesive dries.

I have read testimonials on a Ford forum about it being effective in low speed impacts.   I figure with a high speed impact the receiver getting torqued will be the least of the problem.

It also will be handy for stepping up on to reach items in the bed where I don't want to lower the gate.

I can see a LOT of cars just going under that. Like a corvette.