Welp...It is now here folks...ebola

Someotherguy

I haven't read all 200+ posts here so if this is a repeat, sorry. Go get your tin foil first. One of the videos shows a man in plain clothes just inches from an ebola victim and a hazmat crew.

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms-ebola-is-a-hoax/

Doesn't work for me. I guess the black helicopters got there first...

Edit: Works this time so I guess the black-ops cointelpro disinformation servers are inline.

Edited by tnguy

I just saw a posted link on FB that a small town in Tx is being quarantined with a complete news blackout. Can anyone guess the site or the movie.

Fake by "The National News Report" site.

But reminds me of The Andromeda Strain, though was set in Arizona in book and New Mexico in movie.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, the travel ban is only effective at stopping ebola if you travel from Texas to Ohio on a plane.  If you are traveling from an infested country TO the USA, then it is not effective.

You all have a lot to learn!

Well, if Obama is right, we won't have to worry about it.  If he is lying, ignorant, or just plain wrong, then he will go down as the most catastrophic president in United States History.  I am concerned about it, but I can't imagine his ego is big enough to risk that.

He is a chancer. His calculation is that if he plays it cool and we somehow get away with it, it gives him more brownie points than if he institutes a travel ban. If things go wrong and thousands die? Calculated risk. 

Edited by tnguy

He is a chancer. His calculation is that if he plays it cool and we somehow get away with it, it gives him more brownie points than if he institutes a travel ban. If things go wrong and thousands die? Calculated risk.

He's waiting until after the election to do the ban. Kinda like waiting until after the election to admit Benghazi was a premeditated terrorist attack. People will be infected and die as a result of Demoncrat ambition. The more folks who contract this disease in W. Africa, the higher the chances of one getting on a plane to the U.S. and Europe during the incubation period. There will be more; especially since many believe that America has the miracle cure for Ebola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A travel ban should have been enacted weeks ago, but If obama does that he may just let a serious crisis go to waste. Judging by the people he hung with before his current job, he's probably all for population control anyway.

Just wait until this disease spreads to Mexico and walks into the USA daily :panic: Edited by Batman

When people are incompetent, they normally react defensively because they don't have the foresight to understand what can and should happen.  Ebola wasn't going to happen and we shouldn't worry about it, but it did happen and now they are reacting in a horrendously bad fashion.

This has been the way almost every event has been addressed for the past few years he's been around.

• Like 3

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/17/dallas-lab-worker-quarantined-aboard-cruise-ship-other-passengers-stranded/

So here is what Belize is doing.  They are saying hell no, you have been exposed to Ebola, and you are not entering our sovereign nation.  Good on them for having the huevo's to take a stand and protect their people.

Why did we just have to roll over and say, well Ebola was going to get here sometime might as well be now???

"The government of Belize reassures the public that the passenger never set foot in Belize and while we remain in close contact with U.S. officials we have maintained the position that when even the smallest doubt remains, we will ensure the health and safety of the Belizean people," the government said in a press release.

And furthermore, if you were exposed to Ebola, WTF would you risk exposing and killing hundreds of people?  Just stay home. Have a relative drop groceries on your front porch.  

Seriously worst case doomsday potential, Ebola could wipe out 70% of this nation.  And exposed people are just gonna push it along like, "nothing to see here" 

Edited by Troutburger
  • Moderators
Go on and on about travel bans all you want. The virus will spread regardless of what governments do. For the tinfoilers fretting about the end of the world from Ebola, I'd like to present to you the "Nairobi Tabletop Scenario".

Imagine a doctor who departs from Monrovia, the capital of Liberia, feeling fine, on a flight to Nairobi, Kenya's capital, in East Africa. In transit he begins suffering a headache-nothing terrible yet, just discomfort, but it's the first hint of Ebola. At the Nairobi airport, in a café, the Liberian doctor coughs onto a table. Five minutes later, an American businessman touches that table. He rubs his eye. He departs to Singapore and spends three days there, in good health, discussing finance for his project in Kenya. Then he flies home to Los Angeles. To the screeners at LAX, he is an American businessman arriving from Singapore, with no history of recent travel in West Africa. But he's now infected with Ebola, carrying it into the United States.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141015-ebola-virus-outbreak-pandemic-zoonotic-contagion/

Let me add to it a little.

Now imagine that businessman's brother, whom he visits with once he gets home, is a truck driver. He passes along Ebola with an errant cough on him. The trucker brother goes on the road the next day for 3 weeks. He crisscrosses the country from coast to coast leaving it with fuel desk attendants, fast food clerks and waitresses all along the way. Edited by Chucktshoes

Go on and on about travel bans all you want. The virus will spread regardless of what governments do. For the tinfoilers fretting about the end of the world from Ebola, I'd like to present to you the "Nairobi Tabletop Scenario".

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141015-ebola-virus-outbreak-pandemic-zoonotic-contagion/

Now imagine that businessman's brother, whom he visits with once he gets home, is a truck driver. He passes along Ebola with an errant cough on him. The trucker brother goes on the road the next day for 3 weeks. He crisscrosses the country from coast to coast leaving it with fuel desk attendants, fast food clerks and waitresses all along the way.

Imagine a Liberian citizen that jumps on a plane to the US, then blows chunks all over a Dallas hospital. Because of the incubation period, this virus is gonna sneak in. I agree. That doesn't mean that restricting travel can't be effective. Again, the big danger with ebola is system overload. EVERY case takes lots of resources. It's hard to cheat a ban with a Liberian passport. It's pretty easy to beat ANY screening process if you're not showing symptoms yet, and are willing to lie. Patient zero proved that.

They need to be hitting on all cylinders. If you have a drivers license from ebola central, you need to stay there. It's not the only measure. It's just one that should be there.

• Like 5

Aviation has the concept of a chain of errors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_of_events_%28aeronautics%29

Which basically states that when things go wrong, it is not usually one thing that causes the problem but many small things that contribute. Things like allowing people from problem areas to travel to areas without problems, incorrectly handling those people when they do arrive and then having those who have been in close contact with that person to fly to weddings and go on cruises.

The point being that if you get one or more of these items right, you break the chain and disaster fails to happen even when things fuck up elsewhere. You stop travel, you train the nurses, you restrict them and monitor them after contact.

No doubt there is a whole litany of stuff in Liberia itself but let's concentrate on the US where we are supposed to have at least a modicum of understanding of good hygiene practices and (we hope) run with science over superstition when it counts.

This is reading like a bad novel, including the "let's not do anything in order to try and prevent panic" idiocy. Truth is not only stranger than fiction, it is much stupider too.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

Now imagine that businessman's brother, whom he visits with once he gets home, is a truck driver. He passes along Ebola with an errant cough on him. The trucker brother goes on the road the next day for 3 weeks. He crisscrosses the country from coast to coast leaving it with fuel desk attendants, fast food clerks and waitresses all along the way.

I could go my whole life never smoking a cigarette and still get lung cancer. Of course, if I chain smoke my whole life, I greatly increase my risk. The more people we let in from infected countries, the higher the risk to the U.S. It's simple math. I don't understand the theory that "well, it's gonna get here anyway so let's not take common sense measures." That is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Every proxy layer that is introduced, reduces the likelihood that it will be transmitted.

Why put a fence on the southern border if the fence itself can be climbed over? Because it makes it harder for illegals to enter. It's not a be all end all solution just like the travel ban, they're both just single parts of a layered or collaborative strategy.
  • Like 1