Wow is all I can say...

Trekbike

I was totally exhausted after watching it and had to go sit and rest in my recliner. The scenery is breathtaking to say the least. If my wife was still alive we would never be home. We would be traveling to see as many wonders as this great country has to offer and fill as many bucket list wishes as we could. When she passed away I threw that bucket list away and started a much shorter one and am slowly marking off things as I accomplish them.........Wonderful video for sure and thanks for posting it............. :up:  :up: 

My wife just watched this. She was amazed.

Wants to know how much that specially made bike cost.

Told her I had no idea.

I'd bet it's not even custom.  Just an off the shelf (but top of the line) frame with a high-end build kit.  It's a $2,900 frame and a complete bike with the top end build kit on the manufacturer's site runs around $8,000.  Add a little more because he's running those super expensive carbon rims.  I'm willing to bet he's on an "off the shelf" frame.  Since the switch to carbon fiber as the primary frame material, the pros getting custom sizing and geometry is a lot less common.  They can't change the Carbon molds that are in Asia somewhere.  Much like guns, only the small companies are doing custom anymore.  His bike is undoubtedly sweet but it chaps me a little to think of spending that much on a bike where the "manufacturer" just designs the thing and outsources it to Asia.  I'll stick with my very slightly heavier Titanium bike which was hand-crafted in Tennessee.  

Edited by JReedEsq

At one point in my life (before having kids) I used to race mountain bikes a lot and between road bikes and mountain bikes I would keep 6-7 in the garage at a time.  At this point I'm down to three.  2 made in Tennessee, 1 made in Wisconsin.  

Back to the subject of this thread, I've spent countless hours on a bike and watching DM makes me feel like I need training wheels.  

Edited by JReedEsq

At this point I'm down to three.  2 made in Tennessee, 1 made in Wisconsin.  

Please share if you don't mind.  I'm guessing at least one of the TN bikes is a Litespeed.    If the other TN bike is a different brand, maybe a Lynskey or a Cysco?

• Like 1