Just had a Burger King manager want to fight me

We went through the drive through and placed and order. And just like a few days ago we were missing something so my wife went in to get the missing item. She asked them to check to see what was missing and the manager told one of the workers to make the missing item. The worker apologized to the manager for messing up the item and he said things happen. The manager put the item in the bag and my wife said it would be nice to get an apology. The manager got an attitude with her about it and told her she needed to calm down, she was calm. She said she would like an apology and he told her to leave and not come back.

Wife comes back to the car upset so I decide to call back in the BK to speak with the manager's boss about today as well as a few days ago and that is when things went sideways. I asked for a manager and he said he was. I said OK let me talk to your boss. He said he was the only one there and that he is the only one I will be talking to. I told him I wanted his boss' number and he refused saying he would not give it to me. He said to give him my number and I said no. I asked him again for his boss' number and he refused but began his tirade. He said I know what this is about and that you are still in the parking lot. He said come in if you want to settle this. I said excuse me and he said if you want to settle this come back in side unless you are too stupid to come back in. I said excuse me again and he said come inside and we will take care of this, come in here, come inside stupid. I then told him I hope he enjoys standing in the unemployment line.

A call to the managing company, and his supervisor, and it sounds like he might be looking for a job soon.

Now on top of this we had our oil changed at Walmart. The "mechanic" wrote down the wrong mileage and put the wrong oil in. I go back in to talk to a manager and the manager that comes to help me is one I had a problem with last year when he threatened to refuse to sell me a gun because my wife asked him why it took over an hour for us to check out. So I told him I was not going to talk to him and find me another so he got an attitude about that. Well the second manager asked why I didn't want to talk to the first one and I explained he had threatened to refuse a sale. He piped up and said I can legally refuse to sell you a gun for any reason. He went on to say my wife was screaming and yelling at him. I said she wasn't yelling at him and all she did was ask why it took over an hour to show up. At this point manager #2 said what can we do for you. I told him we had our oil changed and the wrong mileage was used as well as the wrong oil installed. He said did you tell him what oil and I said I told him to use the same that was on the sticker which is what has been used since the truck was new. He said pull it back around so we can change your oil and I told him we had groceries and cannot wait around for another hour. He said any food that goes bad they will replace. I could not stay any longer so I am going back in the morning to get the right oil put in.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Moderators
He said I know what this is about and that you are still in the parking lot. He said come in if you want to settle this. I said excuse me and he said if you want to settle this come back in side unless you are too stupid to come back in. I said excuse me again and he said come inside and we will take care of this, come in here, come inside stupid. I then told him I hope he enjoys standing in the unemployment line.

You should have went in!

Every single time I *think I have met the most incoherent, rude, narcissistic employee out in the "world", I find someone to outdo the last person.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 2

Looking back I should have walked in on my crutches and let him settle it.

I don't care what kind of day you are having if you are tainting customers and calling them names you should not be in contact with those customers. There are consequences, Karma, for being an ass.

What burger king was it? And if you want pm me the managers name. I enjoy making myself a pain in the ass. I bet he only invites me inside once. I can't stand rude people, especially when they are the ones in the wrong. You should went in like you said. Maybe he woulda heen stupid enough to hit you and then you could own a burger king.
  • Like 12
I work in retail and karma is a bioch. I actually have a contest going on with a friend of mine at work to see who can peg out the Karma meter(good karma). The way you add to the karma meter is by providing excellent customer service to the crazies without complaining. If you dump a crazy person off on someone else your good karma goes down. When your karma meter runs dry you get a whole day of all crazy people.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

We gotta remember, very often these people are miserable in these jobs, especially managers. That guy might be having a hard time at home, or having a hard go at life in general. There's no excuse for his rudeness, but sometimes we gotta a walk a mile or two in other people's shoes.

I have worked in fast food (briefly). at a grocery store (for years), in retail and in other jobs that involved interaction with the public.  I worked at the front (Circulation) desk of the downtown branch of the Knox County Public Library (talk about crazies) and as manager of one of the branches.  I currently work at a private college, still dealing with 'the public'.  So most of my working life has been spent dealing with the public.  In other words, I have walked in their shoes.  I try to cut as much slack as possible for slow service and the like.  I also don't take my frustration with their corporate policies out on the workers, themselves (like when you walk into a pizza place to take advantage of an advertised, special offer and are told that you can only get that deal if you order via the Internet.)  I have actually, once or twice, pointed out when fellow customers in line at fast food joints were being rude to the staff for no reason to that fellow customer's face.  That said, I don't care how 'bad a day' someone has had, when it comes right down to it that isn't my problem and at no point did I sign up to be a target of their frustration.  No, I'm not going to fight some stupid Yahoo but I will call and complain to supervisors and/or refuse to ever give my business to that establishment (or at least that location) again.  Possibly both.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

I am worn out ....I like to take a mulligan for this day , please...lol

He layed the burger on the counter and said here ya go.. i said ..A "I am sorry or an apology would be nice since its the second time  you guys couldnt get my order right".. he came undone..Plus all the 18 year olds that worked there rolled their eyes and snickered.. I mean , really? 

I can take a lot of shit from people... but that really upset me... A sorry .. here ya go would have been nice,..I dont want him to crawl up my behind but I should have known that a 4 foot cocky little 21 year old isnt going to appologize.

And then I get  wrong oil in my truck with an " he is new here"  ????? wtf does that mean? dont you train people to pay attention to what oil goes in what  car? it has a sticker on it telling you what goes into my truck. and my old stciker read 66XXX miles.. he added the new on and it says 91000 ... lol.. dohhhhh

Something I have winged myself off of and that's fast food burger joints. Occasionally a SubWay or PennStation visit but no more burger flippers, don't like the food or do I trust them.

Also do most of my own vehicle repairs.

Edited by kieefer
  • Like 1

We gotta remember, very often these people are miserable in these jobs, especially managers. That guy might be having a hard time at home, or having a hard go at life in general. There's no excuse for his rudeness, but sometimes we gotta a walk a mile or two in other people's shoes.

Bull++++ .. if you mess up.. you say you are sorry.plain and simple

You have problems at home.. dont bring them to work.. plain and simple.

We have our own problems.. but we dont let them out on other people.. plain and simple.

he was rude and wanted to fight my husband.. thats a big no no.. what kind of mananger does that? 

I dotn need to walk in anyones shoes to know that you dont treat people like crapp when they are in your store..

You dont treat people like that.. period!!!

• Like 10

Years ago, a buddy of mine encountered one of those snarky managers at a Taco Bell (I think) in Chattanooga. He just reached over, grabbed him by his little tie, pulled him across the counter, and slapped the floor with him a couple times. My buddy passed on a few years ago. I sure do miss him :)

It was a trap, he knew if you came back in that door he could very easily had you arrested on bull#### charges while smiling the entire time and the simpleton workers there would have backed him up.

There was a reason he kept pushing you to come inside, if he really wanted to fight he could have came outside but he was "protected" inside.

The way to have done if you just had to go in was to calmly ask for him with your phone recording in your hand and let him dig his grave but never once do anything but stand there and smile.

But plain and simple, tough boy was laying a trap for you. Edited by Tobashadow
  • Like 2

It was a trap, he knew if you came back in that door he could very easily had you arrested on bull#### charges while smiling the entire time and the simpleton workers there would have backed him up.

There was a reason he kept pushing you to come inside, if he really wanted to fight he could have came outside but he was "protected" inside.

If he was wearing a little tie, you could have got him outside  :rofl:

You just described why I don't go to walmart after 9:00 am or to burger king at anytime; although our burger king is pretty good...

After 3:30 pm, i try to stay in unless it's an emergency... Manners are a valuable commodity anymore...

Sorry ta hear about all the confabulation...

leroy

• Authorized Vendor

Looking back I should have walked in on my crutches and let him settle it.

I don't care what kind of day you are having if you are tainting customers and calling them names you should not be in contact with those customers. There are consequences, Karma, for being an ass.

Exactly....being in customer service doesn't mean acting like an asshole. Someone will "go back inside" and kick his ass all over the store someday soon.

• Like 1

They should know better than to mess with Gordon. I can see it now, next week that former manager will be sitting in the unemployment office wondering what the heck happened.

And the next Ahole in line for that position will take his place. Having worked on that side of the counter for a short stint, that kind of sorry attitude is the trickle down effect. Sorry manager, leads to sorry staff. I would just mark that location down as DONE and move on. Much like I have many places in town, food or otherwise.

• Like 1