Gun Turn Offs

DWARREN123

Guest StorminMormon
I'm gonna preface this with an adage I try and live by- whatever floats your boat and doesn't sink mine.

That said, my biggest gun turn off is people who insist on carrying a pistol without a round in the chamber. It is my opinion that if you ever actually have a defensive need to use a firearm, you are not going to have the time, space, nor fine motor skills needed to get all Israeli. I liken it to having a seat belt in your car but not wearing it with plans on slipping it on in the event you are ever about to be involved in an accident...

Even my dear old Dad suffers from this malady, wearing his Glock 38 around everyday, with 8 rounds of 45 G.A.P in the magazine and a barren chamber.

-Sigh- Whatever floats your boat and doesn't sink mine....

Seen it at least twice.  "see-thru mounts."
Just to confirm, you mean the scope mounts that allow you to use the iron sights or the scope right?
Sorry at least on my deer rifle I prefer them.  Scope is set at 300 yards, but if I get one in like 50 yards I am going iron.
I don't like scopes almost flat with the barrel, doesn't look right to me, but then again I have had the see thru on that rifle since I was 10.

I only have one lever action and it's my Pappaws old 30-30, and it has see thru rings. I left them because it's the way I got it and also for really close shots or if I just decide to shoot with irons at farther distances.
Do I think they look cool, no.
  • Authorized Vendor

Polymer handguns beg to be stippled, painted of modified in some way IMHO....especially Glocks. Folks I've talked to seem to like those mods for the most part but are either scared to do it themselves or to cheap to pay someone else to do it.

Now that being said I realize most handguns need nothing to make them function properly. But a lot of the internal mods make them function better. Those that have never tried any of them should be the last to criticize. 

I'll close by saying to each there own...it's their money and their gun but in the end if a guy wants to mod a weapon in some way as long as it doesn't risk safety and reliability I'm not sure anyone has a right to criticize.