Truly a Plentiful Harvest

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

Greetings, all.

What good news I have this evening. My 6 year-old, on his first deer hunt ever, with his first deer ever to fire on, with his first deer rifle... managed to connect on this one:

Right at dusk, walking at 75 yards, with a perfect heart shot. He's an 8-pointer, roughly 125" of gross horn, about 150-160lbs field-dressed. For perspective's sake, I'm 6'6" and 300+.

We were hunting on a local farm owned by jcochran88 and his father. Many thanks to them!

Truly a wonderful day for a new whitetail addict, and a mega-proud father! BIG BUCK DOWN!

I thank God for a beautiful day, quality time with my son, and His provision of a fruitful harvest.

A good day, boys.

A good day.

bigbuckdown.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Awesome news, and great photo... can def see how proud he is (and you are). :lol:

Plus, that's pretty hardcore... making him shoot with that black blindfold on and all. :leaving:

Guest Bronker
Awesome news, and great photo... can def see how proud he is (and you are). :lol:

Plus, that's pretty hardcore... making him shoot with that black blindfold on and all. :leaving:

what can I say, he's got talent!

Internet, privacy, yada-yada-yada.

Thanks

Guest Bronker

Just so you know, you guys are feeding the flames here. My son is reading over my shoulder and is giddy from all the great things you guys are saying! As if he weren't excited enough. He will have to pick back up in the morning...the little buckslayer is going to bed in his 'spider man' pajamas! Boys, this must be what Heaven is like. Thanks for what you guys are doing.

Guest canynracer

6 yrs old?!!!!!! great shot!!!!

I need to learn to hunt...maybe he can teach me? (yes, I am serious, I have never been, but seeing this bond, and your happiness, I want it for my kids!) I have no clue what to do with the deer AFTER the shoot...

that is awesome!!!! great job mini-Bronk!!! Good looking deer man!

god bless!

Edited by canynracer
Guest pjblurton

Way to go Lil' Bronker! (And way to go Dad!)

I love to hear (and see) stories of Dads stepping up and teaching their sons the things our Dads taught us.

Soak it in brother, my little boy just turned 18. I wonder where the time has gone.

Holy Moly, what a buck....for anyone, anytime!

Way to go!

My son let us get up, get dressed, we are on the back porch getting ready to get in the truck and he announces his stomach hurts.

Sigh, I tell him he needs to make a decision and that he has to take into account he had a big football game Saturday evening, he decided to go back to bed and rest. At least he didn't decide this after we had driven to the site or worse, after he had made me walk up that big ridge to get there! Oh well, he will take his hunters safety course this year and get to go on regular rifle hunting next year.

Bronker, your in trouble as he will expect it to go like this from now on. He is in for a rude awakening over the next years...! The deer always get their revenge.

Guest Jcochran88

hey guys i was there and i don't know who was more giddy? never seen a father so excited at what was going on. Little bronker is one cool customer he never even flinched at this deer. way to go guys!!!

Guest Bronker

Yes, jcochran88 was in the blind with us. I don't know where my "lil bronker' gets his nerves of steel. Of course the action went from 0 to 100mph in only about 10 seconds. It was the most exciting 10 seconds of his life thus far. I'm proud of him. We are sitting in a blind now waiting on another one. But boy, it sure is different when there's 0 pressure! Again all you guys, the nice things being said to my boy are making him most proud and excited. He's reading them all. Thanks again. Lifes simple pleasures...in a deer blind!