Don't be jealous #2

graycrait

Stumbled across this today for my small mouse gun accumulation.  Bottom is a Beretta 950 .22Short, 95%+.  Odd thing is how I got it.  One of our local pawn shops is part of a chain of some 400 shops. This one is the only one in the region that sells guns.    I had picked up the chrome Jennings .22 a couple of weeks ago and the clerk told me that I could put in a request list and when one of the guns was available in their system that they would try and get it to me.  I figured for the three "obscure" .22s I wanted that it would take 6-12 months.  I was surprised to get a call from the store manager today that one of my three requested guns came in, after only 2 weeks. I told them I hope the other two guns don't come in for a month or two.

MouseGuns3_zpsf744dc67.jpg

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

You must have small hands.....just sayin'

LOL, was wondering when this would come up:)  

When I said very loud in the pawn shop, "I like tiny guns," the two women in the shop looked at me and smiled that Mona Lisa smile. 

:rofl:

I've always liked the 950, had one once in .25 ACP for a BUG. A friend who flew with the 160th had one in .22 Short for specific survival purposes. Had a Bauer .25 too but never felt it to be the equal of the Baby Browning it duplicated.

I went to high school with Mousegunner's sister.  Mousegunner told me about her early death and then a short couple of years later he succumbs to the same disease.  I had never knew of him prior to his website. We had a couple of nice private dialogues.  I'm of a mind to finding a Galesi, Excam, Bauer, Astra and maybe a baby Browning.   

• Like 1

I was thinking last night that we haven't had a good mousegun person since Marshall left us. That's a heavy gauntlet to pick up.

The site I listed below is probably the best mousegun site on the internet now. Many of us on the site were very familiar with Marshall and his Mouseguns website and felt like we had lost one of our best friends when he died. Don't let the introduction fool you into thinking the site is only about Bryco, Jennings, et al. There are a lot of very knowledgable people on that site...and no gun snobbery allowed. :-)

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by LCPfraTN

Marshall St. John was the brother of one of my H.S. mates, Leslie St. John.  I wish I had known him better.  What little interface he and I had personally was very nice and no "I know more than you know" sort of thing.  Just a nice exchange.  Seemed like a fella who could "agree to disagree" without a lot of negative baggage. Sort of hard to find that sort of fella in the gun game. 

I had many pm conversations with "mousegunner" over the time he was involved here. He was not only a valued member for his knowledge and willingness to help any of us; but a true southern gentleman as well.

He is missed. Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

It's surprising to see a Jennings in the wild and not at the bottom of a lake or river.   :)

Yeah. Early in my LE career Jennings and like clones were frequently encountered in street criminal and gang encounters. Then it became HPA pistols, or the much preferred "Glock Forty".

Hey Graycrait, the same day you told me about that same pawn shop I went up there and found this P95. I had been looking for one to shoot my reloads in. I put in on layaway that day. I just got it out yesterday. $269 with original box , 2 mags and all papers. Not bad for a little reliable "tank". I'm sure if it were at the other Pawn shops it would be a lot higher . By the way , I love your little Beretta 950. I've always thought they were kinda neat in their own way . 

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/p95_zpse87b99ed.jpg.html]p95_zpse87b99ed.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89