Cost of OEM Auto Parts (Nissan)

Not even slightly gun related, but I need to vent.

My girlfriend mentioned  something about her windshield washer fluid not spraying properly. Figuring it was just clogged with a tiny piece of debris, I tried using a needle and compressed air to blow any debris out of the washer nozzle. Neither helped at all.

I then attempted to remove the rubber hose to make sure there was adequate fluid pressure to that point. Well, wouldn't you know, as I was attempting to remove the hose, part of the plastic nozzle broke off, getting stuck in the hose. No biggie, right? I mean, how expensive can a cheap ol' plastic washer nozzle be? Because it's a dealer part, I'm thinking they've turned a $3 part into $10 or $15. Ha!

The dealers were already closed, so I started looking online. Average price for this cheaply made POS is $30-$35, not including shipping. Are you effing kidding me? On the same websites, you can buy the whole damn pump for about $40.  :stunned: 

Ugh!

Not even slightly gun related, but I need to vent.
My girlfriend mentioned  something about her windshield washer fluid not spraying properly. Figuring it was just clogged with a tiny piece of debris, I tried using a needle and compressed air to blow any debris out of the washer nozzle. Neither helped at all.
I then attempted to remove the rubber hose to make sure there was adequate fluid pressure to that point. Well, wouldn't you know, as I was attempting to remove the hose, part of the plastic nozzle broke off, getting stuck in the hose. No biggie, right? I mean, how expensive can a cheap ol' plastic washer nozzle be? Because it's a dealer part, I'm thinking they've turned a $3 part into $10 or $15. Ha!
The dealers were already closed, so I started looking online. Average price for this cheaply made POS is $30-$35, not including shipping. Are you effing kidding me? On the same websites, you can buy the whole damn pump for about $40.  :stunned: 
Ugh!

Might I suggest "Rock Auto Parts" google them might be worth a try
I went with the generic Dorman universal replacements when one let go on wifey's MKX. They are nice and shiny which is even better on her black CUV than the original matte black nozzles. They also provide a better spray than the originals. Of course, at $15 each you're still at $30, plus a couple buck in extra hose if you need it.

Oh yeah, top this.  I have a 2002 Ford F250 that is 4 wheel drive.  Well, the lamp behind the 4 wheel drive switch went out.  No problem I figure.  The switch is on a micro panel that just snaps out of the big dash panel and the light assembly is a quarter turn release and it comes out in your hand.  Take light assembly to dealer, they look it up, light is not serviceable, you have to buy a whole new 4 wheel drive switch that is $75.  Ummmm, no.

Edited by hardknox00001