Can you carry at NRA this week?

per chan 5 news:

Gun Carry Rules Differ For NRA Convention Venues

By Jason Lamb. CREATED 6:10 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The National Rifle Association’s Annual Meeting at Exhibits is set to start on Friday. With 70,000 people expected, it will be the biggest convention ever held in Nashville. But there will be differing rules for where attendees can carry personal firearms in and around the convention area.

The Music City Center allows each group using the facility to decide whether guns will be allowed.

The NRA is allowing legally carried firearms inside the Music City Center during the conference.

The NRA said Wednesday it is also allowing people to carry those guns inside the exhibit hall, which they're billing as “nine acres of guns and gear on display.” However, the firing pins on the guns on display will be removed.

But policies are different at Bridgestone Arena across the street.

Saturday night, the NRA is sponsoring a concert with Alan Jackson at Bridgestone and guns are not allowed to be carried there at all.

Other attractions nearby, like the Country Music Hall of Fame, also do not allow guns.

The NRA said they've been very clear to the people attending that they need to know where they can and cannot carry firearms throughout their stay downtown.

“We welcome all NRA members and attendees to carry firearms at Music City Center as long as they're in compliance with state and local laws, and we leave it up to them to do that research,” said Catherine Mortensen with the NRA.

The NRA said they do have plenty of security in place throughout the entire meeting -- that includes off duty Metro Police officers that the NRA is paying.

• Like 1

Essentially it seems no different than every day life ...

If it's posted, you can't carry. 

Music City Center isn't posted, they allow each event to decide. NRA has decided to allow carry at the MCC. 

The sentence in the report re: "firing pins removed" only applies to guns on exhibit by the vendors, not your personal weapon you might carry in.

Bridgestone is posted, so you can't carry there. 

Country Music Hall of Fame is posted, can't carry there.  

I'm not sure this is the weekend to test the "that's not a compliant posting" idea ...

• Like 2
I hate that there is no way to prove my prediction but some lib somewhere in my estimation will cause something to happen during this event such as a negligent discharges because the thought of 70,000 gun nuts gathering without something happening is a thought that they can't stand.

Shannon and her minions continue to propagate the lie that the NRA is being hypocritical because they're using "gun free" venues. It's been debunked on social media and in the news, but that hasn't stopped them from repeating the lie as though it were fact.

Guest livefreeordie1

Events like this are a great opportunity to send a message to the business owners who have posted their premises.  Tens of millions of dollars will be spent downtown this weekend.  Spend your money in those places that respect your rights, let's reward them for it.

News 2 showed Tootsie's door last night. They have a piece of paper that says in big bold print "Welcome NRA Attendees" right next to two gun busters.

Screw them.

Agreed.

That's like saying g "Welcome iPhone Convention Attendees" with sign beside it saying "No cell phones allowed"
  • Like 1

I wasn't going to go inside anywhere that was posted, period. So I planned for that. But I carried all day since I only went to LP Field, on the shuttle, then to the convention center. I will say that unless a lot of people were pocket carrying or EXTREMELY good at concealing, I rarely seen any. I'm glad I didn't see anyone carrying an ar pistol just to get attention though. I am just surprised at how few I saw, and I like a lot of you, look all the time and can generally find them even if concealed. 

But anyone planning on going to other places, the businesses care more about making their liberal customers "feel safe" than welcoming a citizen who obeys the state law to spend their money in their establishment. FYI

• Like 1

I carried all day and had no issues except for my ADHD friend who darted into a bar on the way to dinner to buy us shots and forgot that I couldn't step foot past the no guns sign, nor drink the shot. He ended up doing both shots back to back on an empty stomach...

I'm glad I didn't see anyone carrying an ar pistol just to get attention though.

Leave it to News 2. They found a couple with one strapped on the thigh saying they were skipping the concert at the Bridgestone because they don't allow firearms. Oh....did I mention the pistol was painted up like an American flag (matched the couple's matching shirts) with the Constitution painted on the mag? Just watched it on their 10pm newscast.

Good news was I only saw one person with a CCW badge and not a sash in sight.

Edited by monkeylizard

I saw one place on Broadway with a Gadsden flag hung from the balcony, a "Welcome NRA" sign on the door, and a gun buster. I took a picture but can't post it now.

That was Tootsie's. They also had a large "We are NRA Country" banner fronting their rooftop balcony.

I saw one place on Broadway with a Gadsden flag hung from the balcony, a "Welcome NRA" sign on the door, and a gun buster. I took a picture but can't post it now.

I read this post too fast and clicked like, but then saw the part about the gun buster! I guess I was so happy to hear someone was flying that flag. I'm sure they had business regardless, but I hope the missed out on a lot because of that gun buster sign. I'd just assume them not halfass support it. Edited by rugerla1

I noticed probably 4 or 5 OC'ers today and 3 or 4 yesterday.  I thought the Sig Sauer guy doing a concealed carry demonstration was a little over the top about concealing (he seemed to think any evidence of a gun was bad), but maybe he comes from a state where even printing is illegal.  Based only on my own observation that many people in the US refer to various states' licenses and permits as "concealed carry permits", is it correct to assume that TN and Georgia are in the minority in that they make no distinction between the two?

is it correct to assume that TN and Georgia are in the minority in that they make no distinction between the two?

In a manner of speaking, yes. We're one of the few states that allows no carry at all w/o a permit, yet the permit allows both OC or CC. Many more states allow OC w/o a permit. You'd need a permit to CC in those states, thus the proliferation of the term "CCP"