Star Wars

That's what really aggravates me is that the new movies have essentially turned all those writers, and the video games that are post ROTJ, into fan fiction. All that hard work, down the drain all because they wanted to use their own "new and original" source material. That being said, I'm gonna likely watch the new one probably 3 times. I actually had a kid tell me he thinks the best movie franchise of all time is The Fast and the Furious series. It took all I had not to beat him to death with a lead filled light saber...

• Like 1

That's what really aggravates me is that the new movies have essentially turned all those writers, and the video games that are post ROTJ, into fan fiction. All that hard work, down the drain all because they wanted to use their own "new and original" source material. That being said, I'm gonna likely watch the new one probably 3 times. I actually had a kid tell me he thinks the best movie franchise of all time is The Fast and the Furious series. It took all I had not to beat him to death with a lead filled light saber...

You should have drop kicked him. Some.of the expanded universe wasn't that great, but tossing our Zahn's trilogy is ridiculous. That was amazing. Best written Star Wars material period. Shadows of the empire was pretty cool too. Most of the With books were probably well written, but I'm a sucker for hero.

Do you happen to have an Xbox 360 or One? You can stream media to the console from your PC using the 'PlayTo' feature. You'd probably have to convert the mkv file to Avi or Mp4 for it to work. If you search goggle you'll likely find a free converter or at least one that is less expensive than a bluray burner.

Or maybe someone can help me out? I'd gladly pay for the disc and shipping. One way or another, I'll end up with a copy.

VAHROOOOM!! VRoommm!!! Love that burning rubber and flashy cars! LOL

The kid's not far off. lol

I will admit, they can stretch a 30 second event into half an hour. And the gear boxes have to be at least a semi's since it doesnt ever show them downshifting.

• Moderators
For anyone that lets Jar Jar annoy you, I would like to see how you justify Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back. Shining a flashlight in his eye, crawling in and out of containers, and licking Luke's food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) That's Yoda acting annoying, not being an actual screw-up who ruins everything like Jar-Jar is.

2) It's short lived. Once he makes his assessment of Luke, no need to be that way any longer. Jar-Jar is the way he is all the time. Jar-Jar would have been funny if he was in the movies for as long as irritating Yoda is.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

1) That's Yoda acting annoying, not being an actual screw-up who ruins everything like Jar-Jar is.
2) It's short lived. Once he makes his assessment of Luke, no need to be that way any longer. Jar-Jar is the way he is all the time. Jar-Jar would have been funny if he was in the movies for as long as irritating Yoda is.

Hahaha. Ok sure, I'll agree partially.

The flashlight in the eye thing and the crawling inside of containers did get me a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Just going to throw this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

Actually, after watching it, I think I am convinced that Lucas had higher hopes for Jar Jar, only to abandon them all after fan backlash. There are too many odd and unexplained scenes for something to have not been going on.

Edited by CZ9MM