Huge tree fell today

Just got this picture from my dad. He works for the Anderson County Road Dept. And got called out to cut a tree that fell across the road. This is what he found when he got there. 6 dump truck loads just for the trunk. It was a monster. I figured some of you guys would find this interesting. He 5'11" for reference

FB_IMG_1430521912918_zps1ywdhshx.jpg

• Like 4

I like that, got a call for a down tree.  Show up and find that.

probably could have sectioned it and sold it for projects.  Probably should have sent some samples to some place like UT or some other place that does environmental studies.

• Like 1

now thats alot of fire wood. Did it snap or uproot?

It uprooted. It's a monster sycamore

Musta been some chainsaw

I think they have a MS660 stihl, but I may be wrong

I like that, got a call for a down tree. Show up and find that.

probably could have sectioned it and sold it for projects. Probably should have sent some samples to some place like UT or some other place that does environmental studies.

Neither of those is really feasible for a county road department who's trying to clear it as quickly as possible out of a road. In all honest it probably got hauled to the landfield, though it would made some sweet furniture

Holy cow!! What kind of tree is that.

It's a sycamore.

Nothing like a Stihl ! Even my leaf blower is a Stihl !

We are actually a Husqvarna family, with a T435 arborist saw, 371xp and 3120xp, but it's kinda like Ford and Chevy anymore, they both make great stuff.

Spots, can I take that picture and post it with the store on the Oak Ridge 24/7 facebook group? Of if you are a member there I would like it better if you would post it.

By all means feel free. It fell off Sulphur Springs in Clinton

Thanks. Spots, feel free to add anything you want.

This is how I posted it. 

Hugh Tree fell on Sulphur Springs in Clinton. One of my friends posted this on another site and gave me permission to share it and the story. (hoping I don't butcher it). I understand this was today. Anderson County Road Dept got called out to cut a tree that fell across the road. This is what they found when he got there. 6 dump truck loads just for the trunk.
Sorry don't have his name, but the man in the picture is 5'11" to give you an idea of the size of that trunk.

When your Dad first saw that tree, I bet the first thing he thought was he should have called out of work that morning.

Edited by vontar