MIA Flag Racist????

Personally, I don't give a crap about FOX. I give a crap that someone would blog this kind of crap to begin with. Yes, this dip-:poop: has the right to say what he says, but that doesn't mean that I have no right to be upset about it and voice my opinion on it.

• Like 1
It's funny how all the TRUE racists are self-identified. They're the ones going around proclaiming that everything is racist. It's like the old saying back when I was a kid... whoever smelt it must have dealt it. :) The same applies to this guy.

ETA: That flag is a symbol of honor and courage for a select group of Americans that deserve it. The guy that wrote the article is a weasel looking to stir up controversy for his own agenda. He's following on the heels of the Confederate flag stupidity and probably hasn't had an original idea in his life. Weak-minded wannabe if you ask me Edited by Wingshooter

I was in the Marine Corps after Vietnam. I didn't get spit on, but the country's attitude was at best indifferent towards us. It freaks me out a little when people thank me for my service nowadays. No one was thanking me back then, so why now? :shrug:

I can answer that question of why now? Many of the punk hippie protestors that were doing the spitting and other things at the airports are now the parents and grandparents of the men and women in the theaters of battle and coming home maimed, or in drape cover coffins and they have learned what it feels like to have loved ones wounded or dead.  They have grown up with all new views now that it is them with family members in Harms Way.........jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/racist-history-of-pow-mia-flag

A Writer’s Apology

I sincerely regret the use of the word “racist” to describe how the POW/MIA flag distorts the history of the Vietnam War. The word was over the top and not called for.

I’m deeply sorry it hurt people—especially people who’ve selflessly served their country. Most of all, I’m sorry because many of the people offended by the word “racist” are the same people who were hurt when the experiences and feelings of common soldiers and veterans were manipulated to serve the powerful interests and individuals who blithely and perennially send men and women to war, then don’t take care of them when they return home. And, of course, I regret the pain caused to the families of those who gave the last full measure of devotion to their country in Southeast Asia.

I would ask the people I angered to consider carefully reading the article, which explains, for example, that the Chinese Communists cynically leaked lies about the existence of live POWs in the years after the war in order to harm their rival Vietnam.

Most of all, I wish to express my regrets. Other than that, I stand by my article. —Rick Perlstein The Editor’s Response

The POW/MIA flag is extremely popular with the biker crowd.  

Remember the PETA guy who crashed a biker party and berated them for wearing leather?  Then got duck taped to a tree and pissed on!

mail-attachment-300x180.jpeg

Definitely poking the wrong bear with this one.  

Remember the PETA guy who crashed a biker party and berated them for wearing leather?  Then got duck taped to a tree and pissed on!

It would be awesome if the tape they used was made of actual ducks.

• Like 1

Remember the PETA guy who crashed a biker party and berated them for wearing leather? Then got duck taped to a tree and pissed on!

Well he learned some people don't just roll over and certainly chose the wrong crowd to mess with on top of that.

Remember the PETA guy who crashed a biker party and berated them for wearing leather? Then got duck taped to a tree and pissed on!

I missed this one but it is freeking hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

The statements from the bunny lovers are great!

https://libertyboy.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/peta-v-bikers-a-failure-to-communicate/
  • Like 2

Since the POW/MIA flag is warmongering. I suppose that we also need to get rid of the US flag. Those stars have changed a time or two via war.

By that regard I know that LGBT has been "fighting" for their rights as well. Since fighting isn't allowed and I'm offended by racist anti-hetero activists, we should get rid of that too.

While we're on the topic, triangles represent pyramids and pyramids mean slave labor. So no more golf flags.

They're also making a movie adaptation of The Dark Tower, which features Randall Flagg... so it's gotta go.

Even the military agrees that flagging is bad! :D

• Like 1

I am pretty sure it was just not white guys being taken prisoner or listed as MIA.

I have a small POW MIA flag, just double checked it.  I am pretty sure I can't tell the guys color or race from that flag.

All the soldiers I knew were OD green.

• Like 1

Had to reduce the size, tried to enter a larger one and the program said the photo was too large. She still looks pretty nice though, that's all I get to do these days is look and wish I was 25 again.   :)

Hey,  What's a picture of my girlfriend doing in your signature?  :devil:

My Dad was spit on upon his arrival back from his second tour in 68-69'.

He said it was the worst feeling of his life.

365 over there...counting down the days to return to the land of "Milk and Honey" and to be greeted by that?

I can't imagine the mind####.

I was in the military during the 1st Desert Storm.  I had mixed emotions about the "hero's welcome home" back then.

A lot of it was fueled by American guilt over Vietnam.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 1

My Dad was spit upon his arrival back from his second tour in 68-69'.

He said it was the worst feeling of his life.

365 over there...counting down the days to return to the land of "Milk and Honey" and to be greeted by that?

I can't imagine the mind####.

I was in the military during the 1st Desert Storm.  I had mixed emotions about the "hero's welcome home" back then.

A lot of it was fueled by American guilt over Vietnam.

PS:  I wasn't a Commando/Ninja type...I was just a USAF guy.

I heard they were under orders not to retaliate. I wish some 4-star had a backbone then and told the troops to defend themselves against whatever disease those dirty Marxist hippy types had back then. A trip to the ER with a few broken bones is what they deserved.

• Like 1

I was in the Marine Corps after Vietnam. I didn't get spit on, but the country's attitude was at best indifferent towards us. It freaks me out a little when people thank me for my service nowadays. No one was thanking me back then, so why now? :shrug:

To be honest a lot of my family went to Vietnam. Most didn't come home right and it wasn't till I returned from Afghanistan that I realized any of the reasons why. With that said I to this day don't feel like I fought a war. You my brother did. I make it a point to thank those that didn't get thanked when they should have. For them not getting thanked for fighting for rights of everyone. I have thanked a Korean War vet in walmart just shook my hand said thank you told me it was nice to have a young man thank him. There were some younger kids standing around pants hanging low, wife beater, hate backwards asked why I did that. My response was because he had the job of protecting your right to look the way you do and not have me tell you otherwise. I know this is long winded but I try to make a point to thank all service members if that makes me wrong that is fine with me. I don't know how to answer when someone tells me thank you cause I don't really feel like I did much. I have lost friends but they are the ones that need to thanked and remembered not me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If they actually go after this flag I really believe it will wake a sleeping giant...veterans and military members do not like when this type of stuff is messed with and they will react to it. The southern flags are one thing to mess with, this is a completely different thing to mess with and the reaction will not be pleasant.

• Like 1

To be honest a lot of my family went to Vietnam. Most didn't come home right and it wasn't till I returned from Afghanistan that I realized any of the reasons why. With that said I to this day don't feel like I fought a war. You my brother did. I make it a point to thank those that didn't get thanked when they should have. For them not getting thanked for fighting for rights of everyone. I have thanked a Korean War vet in walmart just shook my hand said thank you told me it was nice to have a young man thank him. There were some younger kids standing around pants hanging low, wife beater, hate backwards asked why I did that. My response was because he had the job of protecting your right to look the way you do and not have me tell you otherwise. I know this is long winded but I try to make a point to thank all service members if that makes me wrong that is fine with me. I don't know how to answer when someone tells me thank you cause I don't really feel like I did much. I have lost friends but they are the ones that need to thanked and remembered not me.

You nailed it!

You nailed it!

Thank you. I may be young but my father was born in 44. He raised me the way I think all kids should be raised. And there are way to many now a days that dont care about this country only what they can suckle from the teet.

• Like 2

Thank you. I may be young but my father was born in 44. He raised me the way I think all kids should be raised. And there are way to many now a days that dont care about this country only what they can suckle from the teet.

Sounds like your father did a damn good job. I was born in 46, it was a much different world back then. :pleased:

Well I can't tell you how much that comment means unfortunately. While he was up visiting us from Florida on 9/12/2014 he passed away. But he will always be around I am by no means perfect and to be honest he was no where close to a saint. I just know that I am better for how he raised me and I will do the same for my 6 and 5 year old. Again thank you for that.

Just seen the funniest thing at Walmart here in Fairview.

So when the rebel flag thing came about, this dude in an old redneck 4wd put a 3x5' rebel flag and a 3x5' american flag in the back.  This MIA flag came up in the news, so when I seen the truck a few minutes ago, he took out the american flag and replace it with an MIA flag lol.