Life goes on...

• 1 month later...

90 days are over with. I got a 10% raise on Friday.

I was rather stoked.

We are hitting all of our growth targets as previously established. In addition I have cut the percentage of error from 3% to less than 1% on all entered work orders.

And I have also become the go to guy for pricing guns. Nearly everyone in the company  is an outdoorsman. And apparently last year, they gave a rifle away at the Christmas party. 

So I am pretty confident that I am where I belong. I am in a private company where I can talk one on one with the owner, who I report directly to, I get constant confirmation that I am doing a good job, and everyone else enjoys the same hobbies as I do.

Oh, and I am making more than I was at DPSG, by a large percentage.

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 8

90 days are over with. I got a 10% raise on Friday.

I was rather stoked.

We are hitting all of our growth targets as previously established. In addition I have cut the percentage of error from 3% to less than 1% on all entered work orders.

And I have also become the go to guy for pricing guns. Nearly everyone in the company  is an outdoorsman. And apparently last year, they gave a rifle away at the Christmas party. 

So I am pretty confident that I am where I belong. I am in a private company where I can talk one on one with the owner, who I report directly to, I get constant confirmation that I am doing a good job, and everyone else enjoys the same hobbies as I do.

Oh, and I am making more than I was at DPSG, by a large percentage.

This all sounds absolutely great! I'm very glad it has worked out for you.

"Until this week, I had never been fired, never been formally reprimanded, never had any major failings. I am sure that is to be expected.

I wish I could say that but I was just the opposite. I couldn't count the times I got any one of those things on all my fingers and toes but for the most part it was my fault. I was very good at my occupation and I knew it and that was my problem. The longest time I stayed at any job was the last one I worked at and that was a family owned Repair shop and I was there 10 years before the service station their family had leased from 1949 to 1990 did not get the option to renew their lease. I was unknowingly about to go on disability anyway so it worked out for me kinda.

Glad things worked out so well for you and your family and hope you have a wonderful future with this new company......... :up: :up:

Mazel Tov!

I recently left a career of 16 years across three company merger/acquisitions myself.

Its hads sometime to realize that your skills are unique and valuable - when its what you do every day it seems "normal"

My new firm paid me a significant increase for those same skills which my prior employer had been slowly cutting benefits, increasing cost shares on benefits and very tiny raises.

Sometimes its just time to move along.
  • Like 2