Trigger Pull

Fitty%

Not bad, I didn't notice you supporting the rifle with your right hand, though it may of been off screen.  Also, Your cheek weld seemed loose; I didn't see your targets so hard to tell if any of that effected your shot placement.  Maybe a split screen showing trigger pull and shot placement to see what each trigger pull does.  I find that if someone counters incorrect trigger pull with a good rearward pull into the shoulder pocket and a good cheek weld it does not effect shot placement as much.  For those just learning shooting techniques however, trigger pull is definitely a good starting point.

• Like 1

Not bad, I didn't notice you supporting the rifle with your right hand, though it may of been off screen.  Also, Your cheek weld seemed loose; I didn't see your targets so hard to tell if any of that effected your shot placement.  Maybe a split screen showing trigger pull and shot placement to see what each trigger pull does.  I find that if someone counters incorrect trigger pull with a good rearward pull into the shoulder pocket and a good cheek weld it does not effect shot placement as much.  For those just learning shooting techniques however, trigger pull is definitely a good starting point.

You do realize he is missing one arm? That might be why he is not supporting the rifle and why he is "50% tactical". I guess you need both arms to be "100% tactical".

• Like 2

You do realize he is missing one arm? That might be why he is not supporting the rifle and why he is "50% tactical". I guess you need both arms to be "100% tactical".

My bad, no did not know. 

Wonder if a good sling would help those with that issue; an outward pressure can steady the rifle as well.

Edited by Omega
  • Like 1

Excellent video, great job with the illustration on the side, might have added a border or shading around the image to separate it from the video some. Also good job with the smooth transition to replay in slow mo the problematic trigger control. Good editing too, short sweet and to the point.

I really like the newer intro - title screen, much cleaner easy to read/understand branding as well. Know you've been using it for a while, but its been a good change.

Better sound leveling in this video than I think I've noticed in the past. Also, good job on using adjusting to your available lighting in this vid - all while keeping the subjects lit/clear, but nothing exceedingly washed out. Also good use of bokeh, removing the emphasis on the background. Keep that up, it makes the subject "pop" and keeps me engaged with the information presented and not the trees/shrubs/grass/building/etc in the side/background.

Have you upgraded your video recording equipment?

Just curious, did you provide any instrucitons to the other shooters in the video about proper trigger control/placement? Or did they just have the simple requirement to shoot 2x3rd strings as fast as possible?

• Like 1
Good work. :up:

Only thing is I have a little trouble with background noise and hearing people clearly. It's my hearing issue, not your editing, though. So if you want to make sure folks like me have an easy time hearing your voice, maybe turn down the background music a touch.

Again, good work! :)
  • Like 1

LMFAO!.......that was funny.

Yeah the nickname "Fitty%" I got in Afghanaland in 04 because a friend finally realized I was half black & half white so instead of 50cent the rapper he called me Fitty% and it stuck.

When I lost the arm they made the joke that I could only be Fitty% as tactical as I used to be and that became the name of the YouTube channel lol.

I think the term "tactical" has been way overused and I find it funny when someone thinks that I actually consider myself to be a "tactical operator"....Thats why my friend and I created the satire character "Opr8rERROR"

• Like 3

Excellent video, great job with the illustration on the side, might have added a border or shading around the image to separate it from the video some. Also good job with the smooth transition to replay in slow mo the problematic trigger control. Good editing too, short sweet and to the point.

I really like the newer intro - title screen, much cleaner easy to read/understand branding as well. Know you've been using it for a while, but its been a good change.

Better sound leveling in this video than I think I've noticed in the past. Also, good job on using adjusting to your available lighting in this vid - all while keeping the subjects lit/clear, but nothing exceedingly washed out. Also good use of bokeh, removing the emphasis on the background. Keep that up, it makes the subject "pop" and keeps me engaged with the information presented and not the trees/shrubs/grass/building/etc in the side/background.

Have you upgraded your video recording equipment?

Just curious, did you provide any instrucitons to the other shooters in the video about proper trigger control/placement? Or did they just have the simple requirement to shoot 2x3rd strings as fast as possible?

This was and has been the best break down of the kind of feedback Ive been wanting!

You must know a little about the video/production world..... Thanks for that!

Ive upgraded to a GH4 that records in 4k and Im currently getting my bachelors degree in videography from Nossi in Nashville so thats why the quality of my videos has improved so quickly.

Not bad, I didn't notice you supporting the rifle with your right hand, though it may of been off screen. 

LMFAO!.......that was funny.

I just snorted an entire mouthful of Sprite up my nose. My coworkers thought I was dying......

Fitty may remember me stopping him at the NRA convention, have gave me the insider track on his Dragons Breath video. We talked for a bit, nice guy. Credit where credits due, he certainly didn't let 1 arm stop him from doing what he loves.

• Like 1

This was and has been the best break down of the kind of feedback Ive been wanting!

You must know a little about the video/production world..... Thanks for that!

Ive upgraded to a GH4 that records in 4k and Im currently getting my bachelors degree in videography from Nossi in Nashville so thats why the quality of my videos has improved so quickly.

Ha! Barely know anything about video, but have played around enough and been close to enough people that DO know whats up. That, plus a fair amount of amateur time behind some manual film and digital still cameras.

Keep up the good work. Your shorts are getting better and better. Hope you're enjoying it!

As to gear: GH4 - the Panasonic, right? What did you use to edit: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, or something else? What's your audio rig? Still, just out of curiosity - I can't give too many gear suggestions. Always curious though.

PS: the Instructors at college and their feedback along the way are probably helping the quality, but it's not the only reason. Good kit helps some, but really practice makes the difference. Putting the time in and taking lessons away from each shoot/edit - that's where the mastery is built. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Pardon my prejudice and the obvious stereotyping it takes to ask this, but I'm dying to know...what do your presumably liberal-minded professors think about the subject matter of your class project? Do they give you any $hi+ about having guns in your video?

• Like 1
Cool video and good illustration of the differences. A good follow-up might be showing your friends' improvement in both speed and accuracy with improved trigger control.

And I'll be completely honest, in all the prior videos I've watched, I never noticed you were missing an arm.
  • Like 2

Pardon my prejudice and the obvious stereotyping it takes to ask this, but I'm dying to know...what do your presumably liberal-minded professors think about the subject matter of your class project? Do they give you any $hi+ about having guns in your video?

My main video instructor is actually pro gun and a libertarian as I am. I've only had one that commented that we needed regulations one the "military assault weapons" lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ha! Barely know anything about video, but have played around enough and been close to enough people that DO know whats up. That, plus a fair amount of amateur time behind some manual film and digital still cameras.

Keep up the good work. Your shorts are getting better and better. Hope you're enjoying it!

As to gear: GH4 - the Panasonic, right? What did you use to edit: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, or something else? What's your audio rig? Still, just out of curiosity - I can't give too many gear suggestions. Always curious though.

PS: the Instructors at college and their feedback along the way are probably helping the quality, but it's not the only reason. Good kit helps some, but really practice makes the difference. Putting the time in and taking lessons away from each shoot/edit - that's where the mastery is built. Keep it up!

Yeah the GH4 is Panasonic and I primarily use FCPX although I have the Adobe Creative Cloud and van use Premier and After Effects. I also have Auto Desk Smoke but I haven't really use it much.

Cool video and good illustration of the differences. A good follow-up might be showing your friends' improvement in both speed and accuracy with improved trigger control.

And I'll be completely honest, in all the prior videos I've watched, I never noticed you were missing an arm.

That's pretty funny that you never realized I was missing my arm lol

I guess that means I'm doing something right lol
  • Like 1

I have struggled to watch that video today. My 9 y/o had the computer when I had the time to cruise through my usual website checks. Yes I want to make a comment on the one arm posts.... The drummer for Def Leppards one got arm...Other than that you vids have gotten better, the flow seems to be smoother and as other have said your audio is spot on. (Said from the Squid with zero expertise)  

Edited by buck1032

My main video instructor is actually pro gun and a libertarian as I am. I've only had one that commented that we needed regulations one the "military assault weapons" lol

I just tell them there are already regulations on buying and selling them. First you fill out a form 4473 and the dealer runs a background check, and if it shows you have a felony or were involuntarily committed to a mental hospital you aren't allowed to own one. Or, you can be arrested if you sell or give a firearm to someone you know has a felony record or has been involuntarily committed to a mental hospital.

Seems that quite a few people don't know that.

I made a second video for a class final project. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/WrVAAfmYF3g

I wont be offended if you tell me this is a dumb idea or not. Back in basic in the early 80's before we went to the range we were made to dry fire our M16-A1's while balancing a big metal washer on the barrell, the trick was to hold the weapon steady and learn to pull the trigger without dropping the washer. The idea was to practice enough to where it becomes natural without thinking about it. I saw a video where this guy instructed concentrating on the front site of your handgun, he suggested if you have white 3 dot sights to take a fine line Sharpie and make a black line or mark on the big white dot of the front sight, just a little "trick" to help and it seems to help a little. Just a practice trick until it becomes natural. What if someone who has a bad habit of engaging the trigger with the bend of their finger wraps some tape just at the bend so they will notice and feel where their finger placement is? [b]Just for dry fire and some range practice[/b] until it comes natural to keep proper finger placement, a finger stop so to speak. It's natural to me now to keep the pad of my finger on the trigger but like your video shows it's not natural to some shooters, as a matter of fact it feels natural to engage the trigger with the knuckle bend at first, it takes practice to change that habit.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Tape%20trick_zpss4jmnluz.jpg.html]Tape%20trick_zpss4jmnluz.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

I wont be offended if you tell me this is a dumb idea or not. Back in basic in the early 80's before we went to the range we were made to dry fire our M16-A1's while balancing a big metal washer on the barrell, the trick was to hold the weapon steady and learn to pull the trigger without dropping the washer. The idea was to practice enough to where it becomes natural without thinking about it. I saw a video where this guy instructed concentrating on the front site of your handgun, he suggested if you have white 3 dot sights to take a fine line Sharpie and make a black line or mark on the big white dot of the front sight, just a little "trick" to help and it seems to help a little. Just a practice trick until it becomes natural. What if someone who has a bad habit of engaging the trigger with the bend of their finger wraps some tape just at the bend so they will notice and feel where their finger placement is? Just for dry fire and some range practice until it comes natural to keep proper finger placement, a finger stop so to speak. It's natural to me now to keep the pad of my finger on the trigger but like your video shows it's not natural to some shooters, as a matter of fact it feels natural to engage the trigger with the knuckle bend at first, it takes practice to change that habit.

Tape%20trick_zpss4jmnluz.jpg

Yeah we used dimes for washers when I was in basic in 1999 and I planned on doing a more in-depth video in the near future.