Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

For eight hundred fifty gazillionth time Carol showed what a completely well-rounded badass she has become. She's more crafty, ruthless, fearless, and wise than any 3 characters combined.

(I'd have sworn she only set that timer for 15 minutes, because my wife, who can't boil toast...as she puts it, rolled her eyes at me when I said that ain't gonna be done in 15 minutes.)

I have a couple of questions:

1. From Talking Dead: Who's got the best grasp on post-ZA life, Rick/Carol or Morgan?

2. My wife's question: How the heck did Morgan get back to town so fast, but Rick and them won't make it back til next week?

45 and 15 are opposite one another. It would be easy to think the pointer was on 15. It was indeed on 45.

2) Morgan is with Rick and Michonne when Carter gets his face eaten, but he's not with them when the horn goes off in last week's episode. Presumably Rick and Michonne moved on ahead with the herd while Morgan moved towards the rear of the herd. It would make sense to keep an eye out all along the length of the herd. Since the events played out in real time this week, Morgan got there about 15 minutes after it started. Assuming the others will show up next week right where this one left off, that puts him about 30 minutes closer to home. I figure they could all run about a 6'ish minute mile, but not consecutively and not through the woods. Ten minutes is more probable if not perhaps a bit generous. I'd say that put Morgan about a mile'ish away when it started and the others about 3 miles further out than Morgan. That's reasonable and would explain Morgan getting there first while the others don't make it until it's all over.

• Like 1

Morgan and guns.

Seems a big continuity problem here regarding Morgan and guns. Thought idea was he didn't have any truck with them, yet:

- When Carol is leading him on chain as ruse to get to the armory, you can clearly see a handgun in holster on his right side. (which the passing Wolves who give her kudos didn't notice either)

- Then after Carol shoots the tied up Wolf that tried to kill Gabriel, she hands a handgun to both Morgan and Gabriel, Morgan gives his to Gabriel, saying something or other to the effect he doesn't believe in using them. But we already know he has one on his hip, which also begs the question of why she even gave him one in the first place?

You can also see the heater on his hip toward the end when he and Carol are doing the aftermath walk around.

WTF?

- OS

Maybe they filmed things in a different sequence along with editing out a scene of him putting a gun on his hip.  It would make more sense for him to have had at least one gun during the Walker parade, though.  He might have reservations about killing people, but he doesn't mind killing Walkers, and a handgun would be necessary back up for his staff.  I can't remember if I saw a sidearm on him in the previous episode, but it was obvious in this episode, especially after his reaction to Carol.  I kept expecting him to draw it on the Wolf, to tell the truth.

Here is the source of my cognitve disconnect about the size of the Alexandria Safe Zone:  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zD38FaCAJQek.k_FDpSYzC2wI&hl=en_US

When you put "Alexandria Safe Zone" in the search, you see that it is pretty small area, were it to be actually invaded.  You can't quite get that feeling from the amc Alexandria tour.

I guess I don't get Morgan's attitude towards taking out the bad guys. He has been on the outside and knows how people are and that you have to be careful / untrusting. As for the ones that were at terminus, I don't see how they could trust anyone again and understand the kill or be killed attitude.

On a side note. We thought for sure the lady in the armory closet was going to shoot Morgan by mistake if he opened the door.

Did the wolf in the house know Morgan? Or was it one of the ones he encountered and locked in the car last season?

Yes he was the one at the campfire and got locked in the car; that is why he commented that Morgan didn't seem able to kill a man (or something to that effect).

Morgan and guns.

Seems a big continuity problem here regarding Morgan and guns. Thought idea was he didn't have any truck with them, yet:

- When Carol is leading him on chain as ruse to get to the armory, you can clearly see a handgun in holster on his right side. (which the passing Wolves who give her kudos didn't notice either)

- Then after Carol shoots the tied up Wolf that tried to kill Gabriel, she hands a handgun to both Morgan and Gabriel, Morgan gives his to Gabriel, saying something or other to the effect he doesn't believe in using them. But we already know he has one on his hip, which also begs the question of why she even gave him one in the first place?

You can also see the heater on his hip toward the end when he and Carol are doing the aftermath walk around.

WTF?

- OS

There is no selective suspension of disbelief.    :cool:

For eight hundred fifty gazillionth time Carol showed what a completely well-rounded badass she has become. She's more crafty, ruthless, fearless, and wise than any 3 characters combined.

(I'd have sworn she only set that timer for 15 minutes, because my wife, who can't boil toast...as she puts it, rolled her eyes at me when I said that ain't gonna be done in 15 minutes.)

I have a couple of questions:

1. From Talking Dead: Who's got the best grasp on post-ZA life, Rick/Carol or Morgan?

2. My wife's question: How the heck did Morgan get back to town so fast, but Rick and them won't make it back til next week?

Carol is the deadliest person in Alexandria.  She has held that roll for a long time.  Cold and calculating always. I mean she bullied the little boy for cripes sakes.

Carol has the best grasp.  Morgan seems sort of naive sometimes, and Rick has gone over the edge.   Speaking of Rick, did he get bit?  Seemed he might have gotten nipped on the wrist???  Is the show going to follow the comic now?

Morgan is Ninja like, maybe he did not go.  

Rick got cut, not bit.

Morgan was definitely in the field with Rick and Michonne. He's with Michonne when Rick puts down Carter (guy who got bit in the face). The only way to explain Morgan in this episode is that after Carter was dispatched, he moved towards the rear of the herd while Rick and Michonne continued forward.

Edited by monkeylizard

I'm glad y'all brought up Rick getting cut with the knife. This whole turning zombie process is either confusing me or the show has screwed up the explanation.

• Rick was covered with Zombie blood at the time he cut himself, so the blood surely got into the cut, but will he turn due only to exchange of bodily fluids?

I'm guess not, because I've also heard them say that only a bite (presumably saliva) can make you turn.

• If that's the case, why does a bite even matter?

They're all infected anyway or they wouldn't turn when they die due to injury, sickness etc.

• How could a non-fatal bite cause an infected person to turn?

I don't know whether I missed something or if this is part of the suspension of belief that comes with a show about zombies.

• Like 1

I don't know whether I missed something or if this is part of the suspension of belief that comes with a show about zombies.

Yeah, I've carped all along about the lack of a suitable "science mythology" to "explain" things for a bit more credence for suspension of disbelief.

Too many logical dichotomies to even mention. But I guess at heart the Zed genre is just what it is, and pseudo-scientific explanations would just be even more absurd.

- OS

I'm glad y'all brought up Rick getting cut with the knife. This whole turning zombie process is either confusing me or the show has screwed up the explanation.

• Rick was covered with Zombie blood at the time he cut himself, so the blood surely got into the cut, but will he turn due only to exchange of bodily fluids?

I'm guess not, because I've also heard them say that only a bite (presumably saliva) can make you turn.

They're all infected anyway or they wouldn't turn when they die due to injury, sickness etc.

Everyone is infected ... but the infection is "asleep." The saliva activates the infection. When you die from natural causes, the saliva in the dead persons mouth eventually works its way into the blood either by being absorbed in GI tract or eating through the mucosal lining to activate it in the dead person's blood.

... ... I'm not a Zed scientist and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night. I made this up on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Michonne and Carol are by far the best prepared mentally. Carl is adapting quite well, though I think his little girlfriend is a saboteur. What's his name (the gay guy) found those photos and some of them were clearly taken inside the wall. Little missy is disconnected and Carl even caught her leaving. They spotlighted her last week, so it's pretty obvious she's up to something.

Michonne and Carol are by far the best prepared mentally. Carl is adapting quite well, though I think his little girlfriend is a saboteur. What's his name (the gay guy) found those photos and some of them were clearly taken inside the wall. ..

Aaron. I got that was his own backpack he recognized that he lost and those were the recruitment pix they show, just as they did with Rick's group. Which helped lead the Wolves to the place.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Aaron. I got that was his lover's (Eric) backpack he recognized, and those were the recruitment pix they show, just as they did with Rick's group.

Which means Eric was out on recruitment patrol and got caught/killed by the Wolves, and the pix and whatnot were what led the Wolves to the place.

- OS

Ah, good call. Totally overlooked that. I'm used to the more seedy betrayal thought process that comes with TWD

Ah, good call. Totally overlooked that. I'm used to the more seedy betrayal thought process that comes with TWD

Note I revised post, after some "research" into Eric's whereabouts and etc, I took it a step too far.

Eric was in compound at time of attack, so it was simply Aaron's own backpack he had left during last season, in the car where he and Daryl were trapped when rescued by Morgan.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Note I revised post, after some "research" into Eric's whereabouts and etc, I took it a step too far.

Eric was in compound at time of attack, so it was simply Aaron's own backpack he had left during last season, in the car where he and Daryl were trapped when rescued by Morgan.

- OS

Yeah, they showed the Wolf looking at the pictures sometime at the end of last season.  It could explain why they never bothered the Alexandria Safe Zone until now; maybe they simply did not know it existed.  The sense of distance is fuzzy on the show, so it is not clear how far away each of the scenes with Wolves were from the neighborhood.

As for a pseudoscientific explanation of the rules of infection, I have modified my theory that I have posted before.  On both FTWD and the Flight 462 episodes, they have hinted that the initial Walker germ infection produced respiratory symptoms in some people, and possibly killed those people with those symptoms.  Obviously at some point in the recent past of this alternate Earth, no one was infected because the dead never rose.  Then, all of a sudden, over a period of days to maybe 1 month, everyone in the world is infected with an unknown agent (virus, bacteria, protozoa, nanite, etc.) that reanimates the corpse after death.  Specifically via the brain.  

It would make sense that such an agent would spread or be delivered by the respiratory route, and that some of the people who inhaled it either have a reaction or their immune systems kick into high gear, which manifests as flu-like symptoms.

The Walker bites are deadly not because of the agent itself, but because of either a toxin or the horrible bacteria found in their mouths (akin to a Komodo dragon's saliva).  So Walker bites are just another cause of death, but not the cause of the re-animation disease.  Hence why being covered in Walker blood and guts, even in wounds and your mouth, is not fatal.

Obviously, this doesn't explain the biological process of moving dead tissue without the normal chemical reactions and such, but it is a start.  I consider it "comic-book" logic worthy (as in, don't think any deeper than the surface or you find lots of holes).

Edited by dawgdoc
  • Like 1

- OS

This. It was Aaron's backpack. Now he'll have to suffer the guilt of knowing his carelessness caused the attack. I'm sure they'll make that part of his character development.

This was explained in Fear the Walking Dead.  For the first time they explained it very well.  Everyone has the virus in their system once you die you turn.  When you get bitten you get either a toxin or an infection that will turn septic and over time kills you activating the virus and turning you into a walker.

Thanks

Robert

Edited by rmiddle
  • Like 1

I think the girl is a wolf spy. How else did they know the fighters were all going to be gone?

Last season, I wondered the teenage girl was a Wolf spy as well.  Back story shown at beginning of the episode proved to be the opposite.  She has severe PTSD which causes her to be distant to everyone.  

The Wolves had information of the town but not good intell, if so, they would have headed straight to the armory.  

Wolves spent a lot of time dismembering people instead of taking control and later return to dismember.  

Morgan was the only one from the group herding the walkers to get to the town to fight the Wolves (However, Carol could do without him)

With a major operation (herding the walkers away from the town) 1/2 the townsfolks involved in that operation, rest of the town should have been on full alert.

The few Wolves that Morgan let go, one of them restrieved something from a body, what was it?

Morgans, inability to kill savage humans bent on killing and looting is a bit disingenuous I think.  In a world where killing is common place? I wouldn't give pause to shoot one of those bastards, here and now in real life, if they conducted any actions they did in the show.  I thought for a moment he had and internal conundrum where I thought he was going to leave.  Instead he shut the gate.  

I think they did this with Morgan in this episode as a juxtaposition to Enid. Enid's mantra is "Just Survive Somehow" while Morgan's is "what's the good in surviving if there's no humanity left?"

Carol shows a 3rd position. She's a survivor willing to employ JSS as needed, but also able to shift back to the thin veneer of politeness known as "civilization". Carol's a badass calculating cold-blooded bundle of awesome wrapped up in a cardigan.

They're showing that different people are at different points on the evolution of themselves and how they view this new world. Morgan is afraid that if he were to move towards Enid's and Carol's position, that he'd either lose himself again like he did after is son died, or he'd end up like the wolves. That's causing him to not kill the living with the hope that they can be redeemed. That's probably true in some cases, but more often than not that's just going to delay the inevitible and get him or someone he knows killed.

I think they did this with Morgan in this episode as a juxtaposition to Enid. Enid's mantra is "Just Survive Somehow" while Morgan's is "what's the good in surviving if there's no humanity left?"

Carol shows a 3rd position. She's a survivor willing to employ JSS as needed, but also able to shift back to the thin veneer of politeness known as "civilization". Carol's a badass calculating cold-blooded bundle of awesome wrapped up in a cardigan.

They're showing that different people are at different points on the evolution of themselves and how they view this new world. Morgan is afraid that if he were to move towards Enid's and Carol's position, that he'd either lose himself again like he did after is son died, or he'd end up like the wolves. That's causing him to not kill the living with the hope that they can be redeemed. That's probably true in some cases, but more often than not that's just going to delay the inevitible and get him or someone he knows killed.

That's an excellent insight into these three characters! Hadn't really thought of it that way; but I agree.