Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

From the previews last week, it looked to me like it was all flashbacks for Morgan. I have a feeling that they will make us wait another whole week to find out about Glenn.

My gut tells me that Glenn will survive. It is a cheap shot by the writers, but since he is such a fan favorite, I think all will be forgiven by the masses.

I think Rick will end up on top of the RV and wait for the herd to pass. maybe he will keep them herded up there which will allow the others to circle back and lead them away with the car horn. Speaking of the RV, isn't that the same crappy one from the beginning that always had trouble starting? I would have traded that piece of crap in a long time ago.

The thing that keeps bothering me about the last couple of shows is they hear the horn and the gunfire from Alexandria. How far does that sound really carry, especially with a forest in between? Maybe a 1/2 mile? 1 mile, tops, but that would be faint. It's taking them forever to get back.

Speaking of the RV, isn't that the same crappy one from the beginning that always had trouble starting? I would have traded that piece of crap in a long time ago.

This is one of my pet peeves.  You have your pick of vehicles, yet they drive around in these old beaters.  In Zombieland, Woodie Harrelson drove an Escalade followed by a Hummer. That's practical. Hummers are a bit hard to find, but Escalades are everywhere. And don't get me started on that stupid motorcycle Daryl rides. The apocalypse comes and you just stumble over a stunt bike used in the original Mad Max?

Edited by jgradyc

And don't get me started on that stupid motorcycle Daryl rides. The apocalypse comes and you just stumble over a stunt bike used in the original Mad Max?

Didn't Daryl build that bike from parts they had laying around? Aaron had a bunch in a garage and what wasn't there he scavenged from outside Alexandria, I thought.
Could be wrong, it's happened a time or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Darryl's bike is a home-brew. Aaron scavenged parts because he wanted to build a bike, but had no knowledge of how to do it. He just thought it would be a cool project. That bike fits Darryl's personality a lot better than a brand new Road King.

How did he lose Merle's bike? I forget when he stopped having it. Was it while fleeing from the prison?

I believe the RV wouldn't start because the wolves shot it up while trying to shoot Rick. They showed the sparks flying from under the dash as he jumped on the floor. I figured it was the type with the engine up front and that is how they explain that part. Could be wrong though.

Eh, it was nice to see Morgans background but I didn't 90 minutes of it.

Same here. I am not even going to watch TTD because it is so late. They did this a lot earlier, end on a cliffhanger and jump to something else.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since they filmed this one after the next 2 or 3, it felt like it may have been shoehorned in just give Glenn's fate even more tension.  They talked about the need to slow things down after the first three episodes, but they really could have fit this almost anywhere, I think.

• Like 1

Since they filmed this one after the next 2 or 3, it felt like it may have been shoehorned in just give Glenn's fate even more tension.  They talked about the need to slow things down after the first three episodes, but they really could have fit this almost anywhere, I think.

The Morgan show had to be last night.   Morgan was telling the story to a Wolf he is holding hostage, that guy must have been captured during the Wolf/Alexandria attack.

I liked the episode, but don't like that they left us hanging for another week on Glenn.

I skipped most of the couch portion of TTD, just watching the behind-the-scenes segments. Those are usually interesting irrespective of the episode.

Something my Grandson pointed out as we watched the replay of the Glenn episode.  When Glenn and the other guy were on top of the dumpster, the dumpster was flush up against a fence.   As the zombies were devouring them the camera showed an overhead view and the dumpster was not against the fence and was surrounded by walkers.  Just a blooper maybe.

I enjoyed the Morgan episode, too bad Eastman did not survive to join the group.

I hope this link shows the picture I saw a week ago. It's a picture of the dumpster glenn is lying right beside. It's pretty high off the ground. IF he is under Nick, he might could shimmy under it and be safe enough, but with a dead end alley he'd have to have help to get away. As far a being realistic, I doubt that those plastic lids would have held 2 men anyway. LOL

http://www.bustle.com/articles/120489-glenns-death-scene-on-the-walking-dead-may-provide-clues-that-hes-still-alive-go/image/580828

Edited by Randall53

I hope this link shows the picture I saw a week ago. It's a picture of the dumpster glenn is lying right beside. It's pretty high off the ground. IF he is under Nick, he might could shimmy under it and be safe enough, but with a dead end alley he'd have to have help to get away. As far a being realistic, I doubt that those plastic lids would have held 2 men anyway. LOL

http://www.bustle.com/articles/120489-glenns-death-scene-on-the-walking-dead-may-provide-clues-that-hes-still-alive-go/image/580828

Thanks for the pic's. As for the plastic lids, the dumpster looks full so it should hold their weight. About Glen, he's really between a rock and a hard spot. :2cents:

According to this website: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline  The attack on Alexandria is day 552 of the outbreak. That's approximately 1.5 years.  

That's plausible (except for Carl's super-human aging). Season 1 would have only taken a few weeks/months to get from Rick waking up in the hospital, to finding the group, hang out at the quarry, then get to the CDC for a few days. Season 2 could have started the same day S1 ended or within a few days at most. They hung out at the farm for the rest of the summer before being run off. After fleeing the farm they faced their only winter. Taking the prison, fighting off/destroying Woodbury, then having the Gov show back up to destroy the prison could have happened in a few months. Assuming they found the prison in the early spring (yeah, I know trees were a bit leafy already, but stay with me) they would have had time to take it, get their gardens going and battle Woodbury. When the Gov shows back up, let's say it's late summer. They flee the prison and make it to Terminus within a few days, a week tops. Terminus falls and they get to the church for let's say a week or two including their forays into the Atlanta hospital before heading to DC. That's a day's drive today from Atlanta, so let's say they made it in a week giving time for circuitous routes, avoiding zombies, and a little foraging. They could have gone from entering Alexandria to now within a few weeks. They ought to be in the fall by now with 2nd winter coming soon.

I'm just going to 'replay' my post from another forum.  I usually agree with the 'choices' the writers, producers, etc. make on the show but I have to say that not only could Morgan's story have been told in 45 minutes, tops, but I wish that they had done so. Telling the character's stories is one thing - and a good thing, IMO - but letting the story drag and get boring is another. With all the action of the last, couple of weeks I can see a desire by the showrunners to slow things down a bit but last night's episode was too slow. The characters were interesting and the actors did a great job but doing a special, 90 minute episode (other than the season opener) of a normally 60 minute show should mean that there is a lot going on not that your are going to allow a 45 minute story to go on for 45 minutes too long. I really didn't expect to find out anything about Glenn in last night's episode and I don't know how they could have worked elements of the rest of the current action in. I guess mostly I just think they should have done the episode in an hour and left it at that.

Now, I have to ask - does anyone else find themselves not liking Morgan very much? I mean, I want to like him but don't know if I can. For one thing, I see a strong correlation between Eastman and the people of Alexandria. To my thinking, it is easy to do the whole zen, "I don't kill because all life is precious," thing when you live by yourself in a cabin in the woods where you are never faced with having to kill other people to survive. Sure, like the folks of Alexandria he has dispatched a few walkers but that was it. Morgan was trying to kill him but, honestly, wasn't a "real" threat as Eastman put him out easily. Further, we find out that - when push came to shove and someone harmed people he cared about - Eastman is a killer - and a stone cold one at that. Again, it is easy to say that, "After that I decided never to kill again," and stick to it when there is no one around to kill and you aren't facing people who are hell bent on killing you and everyone you care about. Honestly, I found Eastman's philosophy to be a cop out. Still, as he never had to live 'out there' I can sort of forgive Eastman for his rather naive world view. Morgan, on the other hand, has lived 'out there' so - while he definitely needed to make the return trip from Crazytown - he should also know that sometimes you have to kill, if not to protect yourself then to protect others. For Morgan to wholeheartedly adopt the philosophy of a guy who has lived a life that is sheltered from what is really going on when Morgan should know better is downright disingenuous on Morgan's part.

Now, add on that Morgan is keeping one of the Wolves locked up inside Alexandria. When Eastman made the choice to try and help Morgan he was endangering only himself (and the goat) and then not as much as it might have seemed because he could obviously handle himself against Morgan. Morgan, by contrast, is endangering every, single person in Alexandria - including (just as the crazy Wolf guy, himself, said) all the children and others who cannot defend themselves to try and 'save' a (probably irredeemable) psychopathic killer. That is unacceptable.

Further, Eastman was a freakin' forensic psychiatrist whose profession had been working with violently insane people on a daily basis. This gave him an expertise in being able to recognize who could be helped - and possibly even to what extent - and who would never be anything but a cold-blooded killer. It also meant he had training and experience in giving said help. Morgan has none of that background, training or experience and no such skills. For him to risk all those innocent lives (which should be 'precious' to him) just to make some ham-handed attempt to redeem one nutjob is about as stupid as it is arrogant. Yeah, I'm really starting to dislike Morgan.

If Rick finds out, he'll probably put a bullet in the brain of the psychopath and he would be right to do so. If Rick thinks the Wolves took Judith and finds out about the guy Morgan has locked away then Rick will do whatever it takes to find out where the Wolves would have taken Judith, even if it means torturing the guy. If Morgan got in his way, well, we'd probably find out how well a stick would fare against a Colt Python at thirty yards. Even Daryl - who seems to be trying to soften up a bit - would be behind Rick if Judith were at risk. Heck, for that matter forget Rick or Daryl - to save his sister Carl would drop Morgan and get medieval on Mr. Psychopath in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I sort of thought that after Eastman died, Morgan would go looking for the two he came across and saved to try to help them. Guess not.

I don't have cable and so I watch TWD with friends at their house.  My first comment as Morgan was heading out the door to leave the cabin was, "Be danged if I'd leave that place behind to go wandering around among walkers, again.  He wouldn't have to stay there alone, as Eastman cautioned him against doing.  Instead, I'd use it as a base to start a community.  The first thing I'd do is go and find those two people he saved and bring them back there." 

I know they wanted to get Morgan back with Rick and his group but I think it would have been more interesting if Morgan had ended up bringing a few people to the cabin and training them in Aikido just as Eastman trained him before he left.  They could have expanded the gardens, etc. and - once they were established and he knew they could protect themselves and that Eastman's cabin wouldn't be going to waste - then Morgan could have told them one day that he was leaving.  Even if he had only brought those two people he encountered in the forest back and helped them get set up to feed and defend themselves it would have been more satisfying.  Instead, it was like, "All life is precious but not precious enough for me to postpone my walkabout for a few weeks to save those two, obviously good people who I just ran across in the woods and possibly even start a safe haven/community that could be here even after I am gone."

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

The Morgan show had to be last night.   Morgan was telling the story to a Wolf he is holding hostage, that guy must have been captured during the Wolf/Alexandria attack.

It's the guy Morgan fought inside the house, toward the end of previous episode, same guy he had a conversation with last year around the fire before whupping him then.

Most people thought Morgan had killed him last week, when he said "I'm sorry" just before the his final blow.

- OS