Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

I hope that means something, but the director's comments about Glenn just muddied the waters further. 

I will be real disappointed if Glenn is not alive.  They always name the dead.  It is messed up if they change that,  I'd lose respect for the series.

Who knows what they do about Glenn but I do not believe he died.  a previous post was spot on.

My wild ass speculation is he appears after finally assumed dead, final moment of the season, Glenn in the distance walking in sight of someone from the group. ( no doubt I will be wrong)

Remember the last time one of the characters staggered back up to the group after being gone a while? 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ItQB9yTw0[/media]

Apparently Steven Yeun has been seen filming several episodes past this one. If he survived, I hope they have a really detailed, visual explanation of how he did it.

In both the comics and the show, they had a scene in which Tyrese is apparently overwhelmed by Walkers but is not bit. Of couse, he wasn't on the ground.

Glenn was in the trailer saying "Rick is dangerous!!!" I don't think we have seen that scene yet

I thought that was the dialogue from the doctor's son on top of an unrelated scene of Glen.  They can cut between scenes fast in the previews and make you think someone is saying something else, especially if the words are close.  Like "Bad Lip Reading" without the comedy.

I hope Glenn isn't dead because I want to see some really kickass, non-lame explanation for how he got out of it.  Anyone who has read any of the comics knows that Glenn is not 'safe' in the overall story arc.  Further, there have been some indications that Neven will be introduced at the end of this season.  I could see...

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

...the writers saving Glenn now, through some seriously hardcore actions on his part, just to purposefully ramp up the feeling among viewers that Glenn is 'unkillable' - only to have Neven and Lucille do their thing on him in one of the early episodes of next season.

LOL.....I don't see how some of ya'll watch TV or movies at all by some of your comments. I mean most all shows are far from being realistic and that includes serious ones. Firearms have NO recoil when shot, leading actors are constantly escaping from deadly situations just in the nick of time, If one of the stars actually does die, it's all a dream, the bomb is ALWAYS defused with less than 5 seconds left on the timer. etc....etc....LOL!!  C'mon......it's entertainment, not documentaries.

Edited by Randall53

I will actually be disappointed if Rick getting cut and getting zombie blood in the wound does end up with him having to lose the hand because THAT would be a major inconsistency, not the other way around.  I mean, is there any object in the show that is likely to be more tainted with zombie blood than one of Daryl's crossbow bolts?  Well, remember when he got thrown from the horse while looking for Sophia that one of those bolts went clear through his side (and he later confirmed his genuine badass status by pulling that bolt out and using it to take out a walker?)  Even before that, remember how when Glenn was being kidnapped Daryl shot one of the guys who was grabbing him in the ass with a crossbow bolt?  That guy didn't die, turn or even get sick.  So, getting walker blood in a wound is clearly not a big deal, unlike getting bitten.

Also, I don't believe that RIck is 'over the edge'.  Instead, I think he has finally come to grips with the world that they live in and the fact that he can't be 'Officer Friendly' any more if he wants to survive and keep his friends/family/the people of Alexandria alive.  Remember waaay back at the prison when Carl gave Rick a (much needed and well deserved) verbal smackdown about how Rick had told Carl he would have to grow up and how Rick needed to do the same, reminding him that almost every time members of their group had died since coming to the prison it was because Rick let someone go that he should have killed?  Well, Carl wasn't wrong - and I think Rick finally realizes that.

Further, Rick's current point of view is in stark contrast not only to Morgan's but also to...

1.  Dale's.  And he's dead.

2.  Andrea's (yeah, I know a lot of folks didn't like her but her biggest fault was wanting to believe in the Governor's humanity and trying to broker peace between the groups.)  And she's dead.  Not only is she dead but she was intentionally killed by a living human (well, it was murder by zombie but it was the Governor who actually killed her.)

3.  Herschel's.  And he's dead.  Also intentionally killed by a living human.

4.  Beth's.  And she's dead.  Also killed by a living human (I guess it was more negligent homicide, manslaughter or maybe second-degree murder than per-meditated, first-degree murder.)

5.  Tyreese's.  And he's dead.

6.  Noah's.  And he's dead.

7.  Deanna's.  And her husband is dead - killed by the guy she refused to let Rick kill when he told her the guy needed killing.

8.  Glenn's.  And he's ????.  All because he was trying to save Nicholas when he should have just capped him after Nicholas attacked him in the woods.

Further, just as Carl was right when he chastised Rick for letting people live when he should have killed them, more than once since his return Morgan has shown mercy only to have that same person come back and kill or try to kill people in his group (in which I am including the Alexandrians.)

One popular definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result.  Therefore, Rick - who has learned through experience that you have to kill those who need killing - meaning anyone who poses a threat to you or yours -  and that you have to cut loose anyone who is endangering your group through their inability to accept reality - is not the one who is insane.  A bit overly hardened and jaded, perhaps, but not insane.  The people who repeatedly refuse to see the world as it is - and repeatedly try to 'save' people who can't be saved, 'redeem' people who can't be redeemed or just generally give a person who tries to kill them a second chance so that person can try to kill them, again, are the ones who are insane.

Edited by JAB

Most people don't want to know things about TWD ahead of time. But, if you are not one of those, The comics are available for free online and the show is pretty close. I'm sure ya'll know you can also search about anything pertaining to TWD online and pretty much find out anything. It's VERY popular online. It does take all the fun out of watching though.

LOL.....I don't see how some of ya'll watch TV or movies at all by some of your comments. I mean most all shows are far from being realistic and that includes serious ones. Firearms have NO recoil when shot, leading actors are constantly escaping from deadly situations just in the nick of time, If one of the stars actually does die, it's all a dream, the bomb is ALWAYS defused with less than 5 seconds left on the timer. etc....etc....LOL!!  C'mon......it's entertainment, not documentaries.

But unlike all those, TWD has had solid writing that has risen well above "the hero always saves the day and doesn't die" cliches. Once you give the zedism itself your required suspension of disbelief, its strongest suit has been character development and interaction, all within the overarching theme of "no one is safe".

Indeed, the zombies themselves became of secondary interest for me by the third season at the latest, they're just the necessary ongoing background antagonist element that spurs the more interesting parts of the story along. I've said it before, but the quality of the writing could have supported any "apocalyptic" scenario as impetus, though admittedly the popularity of zombies certainly got things off to a more instant popularity than would have others.

Though various faves have survived plenty of close shaves, some dependent on fortuitous split second timing and whatnot, none have really risen to "oh, no way" levels. In short, we haven't been "tricked". But if Glenn is still alive, in this case it seems almost certain that we will have indeed been tricked by a dramatic cheap shot.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Yeah, I see your point OS. I think things have got to change. After the massive herd of this season, I think they've done about everything they can zombie wise. Unless they move to a animal zombies appearing like a wolf for instance that can run 20 MPH...LOL.  I'm not sure which seasons had the most danger from renegades rather than the zombies. It might have been season 3 and 4, but to move forward, soon, the zombies are going to have to take a backseat to more of the dangerous gang-like elements like we had at Woodbury and Terminus. 

Edited by Randall53
I think it's time for him to turn into a true "walker". I think they will go look for him and see him chomping on someone after we find out Maggie is pregnant or something like that. That would be acceptable to me. If he is alive, that will be pretty weak storywise at this point.
I just went back and watched the Glenn scene and noticed that the walkers weren't "biting" the body or pulling the guts with their teeth. They were pulling the entrails out with their hands and bringing them up to their mouths. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything though. Edited by glowdotGlock

But unlike all those, TWD has had solid writing that has risen well above "the hero always saves the day and doesn't die" cliches. Once you give the zedism itself your required suspension of disbelief, its strongest suit has been character development and interaction, all within the overarching theme of "no one is safe".

Indeed, the zombies themselves became of secondary interest for me by the third season at the latest, they're just the necessary ongoing background antagonist element that spurs the more interesting parts of the story along. I've said it before, but the quality of the writing could have supported any "apocalyptic" scenario as impetus, though admittedly the popularity of zombies certainly got things off to a more instant popularity than would have others.

Though various faves have survived plenty of close shaves, some dependent on fortuitous split second timing and whatnot, none have really risen to "oh, no way" levels. In short, we haven't been "tricked". But if Glenn is still alive, in this case it seems almost certain that we will have indeed been tricked by a dramatic cheap shot.

- OS

I hang my "Glenn is still alive" hat on the nail that Steven wasn't on Talking Dead. I can't remember another time that a major cast member died and wasn't a guest on the after show. There's even the joke that when they announce a major cast member on the show.....OMG HE/SHE IS GONNA DIE TONIGHT!!!

I now think they are going to show him sliding under the dumpster based on a blurry video that shows his head disappearing under there and the fact that Steven has been shooting scenes with as yet unseen characters. He was even seen filming in the same alley again. I still don't think it would be believable he would unbit, and they didn't really need to fake a death.

If he crawls out, they could have put that scene at the end of the episode instead of weeks later.