Saw people getting wanded at the theater today..

But they can ask someone to leave for any reason.

Sure, but they wouldn’t be asking someone to leave for any reason; they would be asking them to leave because they are carrying a gun.

A Murfreesboro cop told me the way they generally handle it when they are called is they issue the person a trespass warning. Then if they return again carrying; they get arrested for trespassing. But it is illegal so another Officer or another department may handle it other ways.

I think it’s been made clear time after time on this forum that the chances of being cited for carrying past a sign with an HCP is extremely low. Being given a warning and told to leave, or put the gun in the car is how it sounds as if it has been handled in most, if not all, the cases we have seen here.

I went to the Green Hills theater today to watch Sicario(which was awesome), and I saw staff wanding people looking for weapons before a special viewing.

I was disturbed by this and spoke to a cop there. I asked him where the signage was banning weapons from the premises? I looked everywhere and not a one sign in sight. The manager said, "I think we have one somewhere...." Yeah, that wand is gonna do a lot of good when a psycho goes out the unguarded exit door in the theater and gets weapons. Rolling my eyes at that..

The cop didn't know dick about proper signs or anything like that. I don't think he fully understood anything. I'm preaching to the choir here, but I was annoyed by it all. Just had to get it off my chest.

They do have a small sign at the entrance, but you really have to be looking for it - kind of like the one at Loveless. I usually carried there anyway, but I guess I have seen my last movie at Green Hills. No big loss, though. I usually go out to Dickson anyway.

But anyone reading above should bear in mind that, with the proper signage, you could be charged with more that just trespass and you could also lose your right to carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck man, depending on where you work, you could lose your job or security clearances.  That's my beef with the TN law... potentially a sign that you overlook in the normal course of walking into a business could be your ticket to losing everything depending on how LE handles it. 

I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago that had about 30 decals all over their entrance window.  On the way out while waiting for someone, I noticed that one of them was a gunbuster sticker.  Walking in, nobody in their right mind would be able to see it.

I usually go out to Dickson anyway.

Is the Roxy in Dickson not posted?

If not posted, how are their screens? I want to see Star Wars on a big screen, but don't want to deal with the zoo of Regal Hollywood 27 trying to get into theaters 15, 16, and 17 (the largest around except for the IMAX).

Edited by monkeylizard

Is the Roxy in Dickson not posted?

If not posted, how are their screens? I want to see Star Wars on a big screen, but don't want to deal with the zoo of Regal Hollywood 27 trying to get into theaters 15, 16, and 17 (the largest around except for the IMAX).

They are not posted. The screens are big, but I don't know how big the screens in Regal Hollywood 27 are to compare. Maybe it's not what you consider big. They're much bigger than my TV though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What Garufa said. Here's the text from TCA 39-17-1359:

(C ) A building, property or a portion of a building or property, shall be considered properly posted in accordance with this section if one (1) or both of the following is displayed in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the property, building, or portion of the property or building where weapon possession is prohibited:

(I ) The international circle and slash symbolizing the prohibition of the item within the circle; or

(ii ) The posting sign described in this subdivision (b )(3 ).
  • 3 months later...
So I'm dredging this one up because if you haven't seen Sicario, which is what the op said he was seeing... You HAVE to go out and rent it, prime it or get it. I cannot stress enough what a great movie this is.

It's by far the best movie of the year or at least of the movies I've seen. Benicio Del Toro was amazing.
  • Like 1

I went to the Green Hills theater today to watch Sicario(which was awesome), and I saw staff wanding people looking for weapons before a special viewing.

I was disturbed by this and spoke to a cop there. I asked him where the signage was banning weapons from the premises? I looked everywhere and not a one sign in sight. The manager said, "I think we have one somewhere...." Yeah, that wand is gonna do a lot of good when a psycho goes out the unguarded exit door in the theater and gets weapons. Rolling my eyes at that..

The cop didn't know dick about proper signs or anything like that. I don't think he fully understood anything. I'm preaching to the choir here, but I was annoyed by it all. Just had to get it off my chest.

You say people got wanded ...Did you get wanded? Was it a Regal?

The Dickson Roxy isn't posted. I Know the owner and I doubt it ever will be but you never know what kind of pressure theater owners my get put on them by their insurance companies and movie companies and whatnot. 

If I don't look for it I wont see it, if they don't look for it, they wont see it.

Don't ask, don't tell.   :)