Muzzleloader season

Gun's loaded.  Fanny pack (yup I carry a fanny pack hunting) checked and double checked for powder, primer, boolits, tools, quick loaders, powder measure, and anything I may need.  Taking my dad out on his first muzzleloading hunt.  Just can't get to sleep.

Well guess I went to bed to early, as I am awake and can't seem to go back to sleep.

Anyway 54 cal Renegade ready, and takin my 1858 44 cal revolver just in case one might give me a closeup shot.

Guess I'll go make coffee and a little breakfast.

Shouldn't have any trouble get out early enough, lol.

Good luck to everyone huntin this weekend.

Can't wait to see some pics. of y'alls harvest.

Be safe and keep ya powder dry.

RP

Edited by Sidinman
They're playing games with me again! lol.

I went out pretty late this afternoon. I parked my truck by the barn and walked about 3/4 of the way up a large wooded hill on our land. I just sat down at the base of some trees and watched a well used trail. At the end of legal shooting light, I stood up and quietly walked back down the hill. As I reached the bottom, was still enough light for me to see the 2 fat does feeding just 30yds in front of my truck.

I guess I could have just sat in the tuck lol

They're playin' with me I tell ya :rofl:

If was past legal shooting time and not a safe shot angle with the road anyway, so they won this round. Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1
I didn't see anything but squirrels, and they were running around like crackheads! It was overcast and cool so I was really hopeful. Would have been pretty cool to kill a deer on opening day of ML the first time I've used one. But hey, I'm off all week. Only drawback is that I'll only be able to get in the woods around 830 each morning after I drop my daughter off at school. I'm not complaining though, I enjoy getting to spend time with her in the mornings. Maybe it will work out to my advantage and I'll pull in to my spot and there'll be a deer standing there waiting for me lol
  • Like 1
Not sure if anyone will chime in but haven't seen much here by Sango, Clarksville area this year, have seen 2 road kills 1 was a biggen on Wilma Rudolf of all places. But as far as out here 5 miles south of the by pass have not seen much at all, gonna hold off till rifle season this year hope it starts to look better.

Not sure if anyone will chime in but haven't seen much here by Sango, Clarksville area this year, have seen 2 road kills 1 was a biggen on Wilma Rudolf of all places. But as far as out here 5 miles south of the by pass have not seen much at all, gonna hold off till rifle season this year hope it starts to look better.

Seen quite a few big bangers out in Southside - waiting until Rifle season though, do not own a ML

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Seen a doe walking up a hill towards my neighbor's property line, used a bleat to call her back, waited until she presented a clear clean broadside shot, squeezed the trigger, and...well just a pop of the primer.  She didn't spook but by the time I replaced the primer she had gone into the brush.  Blackhorn strikes again, I may have to get some magnum 209s until I use up this 10oz can of it.

Edit for spelling and to add that though it's windy, it is one fine day for hunting.  Only seen two deer so far, the one above and one which spooked a few minutes later.  I have heard a few shots, including one from my neighbor's side which may of been the spooked one.

Edited by Omega