Cheap Bulk 9mm

Where do you like to get your bulk ammo from?

I'm shopping for a big bag of 'new' 9mm for practice (preferably 124-147 grain). I say 'new' b/c I plan on buying reloading equipment and will be saving all my brass, so don't want someone else's reloaded rounds (can only re-use them so-many times).

CaliberUSA.com has some "Orca" brand bulk 9 for $129/500 (about 29-cents a pop), but I've never heard of them, and google turned up a few bad reviews (bad customer service, poor shipping, etc.).

Has anyone had troubles mail ordering bulk delivered to their home? UPS man look at you funny? FBI come knocking the following week? :lol:

Thanks!

- K
|

I and my family/friends have been using Freedom Munitions for years now for new and re-manufactured ammo.  Great prices and reasonable shipping - if you watch, they frequently have free shipping or % off in a wide range of calibers.  I "think", it's been a few years, that your first order with them ships free.

We've never had any issues with either the new or reman and the FedEx/UPS guy couldn't care less (other than the fact that the 1k cases are pretty heavy).

Edited by ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They're not really in Knoxville.

-

Could have fooled me, here's the contact info from their webpage

Our Contact Info:

If you would like to contact our office for any reason, you may do so as follows: 

• Phone - 800.317.9506 (please see the note below)
  • Fax - 800.901.3309
  • E-mail - customerservice@luckygunner.com
  • Snail Mail - P.O. Box 32747, Knoxville, TN 37930
  • Live Chat - a "Live Chat" button will appear on the top menu bar of our website if our staff is online and ready to assist you
Edited by jbrownch

They're not really in Knoxville.

- OS

OS you could be on to something about Lucky Gunner Ammo,

This article from Colorado, see link below,  says that Lucky Gunner Ammo was sued by one of the parents who lost a loved one in the Colorado shootings awhile back.  The article reads that the street address on Cedar Bluff road actually is the UPS store.  There is more:

>Lucky gunner LLC is the parent firm of www.bulkammo.com which has a warehouse in Atlanta and is the actual seller of ammo to the shooter.

>Five people are listed on the most recently available public records of Luckygunner officials:  Jordan Mollenhour, Dustin Gross, Jeffrey Felde, Coleton Bragg and Craig Meredith.

>The principal office street address of Luckygunner LLC lists on its corporate records is that of the UPS store on North Cedar Bluff Road, Knoxville.

>Luckygunner lists as its mailing address a New York City post office box number.

>2012 annual report lists Jeffrey Felds as an officer of the company with the NY city post office, and his name is the only name that appears on the Knox County business license.

>Secretary of State lists these affiliated companies to Luckygunner:  Bulkammo.com; Ammo.net; AmmoForSale.net; Gunsforsale.com; Military Ballistics Industries and LuckySurvival.com

Draw your own conclusions, is this a bonafide Knoxville business with offices, warehouse, and good ole Tennesseeans working?  They do have a help wanted section on their site that states this is a Knoxville location, btw that help wanted has read the same for years.  Their Terms of Conditions of Sale sure does list all legal matters must be settled in Knox county. 

Data source:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/knoxville-firm-sued-over-ammo-used-in-colorado-theater-massacre_16468736

• Like 1

About a year or so ago I actually phoned Lucky Gunner and spoke with a very nice lady there. She said their "business" is located in Knoxville, but they don't store/ship/house anything here. iirc she said they have a warehouse in or around Atlanta as stated above.

But I agree, good folks and a good company.

I and my family/friends have been using Freedom Munitions for years now for new and re-manufactured ammo.  Great prices and reasonable shipping - if you watch, they frequently have free shipping or % off in a wide range of calibers.  I "think", it's been a few years,[b] that your first order with them ships free[/b].

We've never had any issues with either the new or reman and the FedEx/UPS guy couldn't care less (other than the fact that the 1k cases are pretty heavy).

I think the first order to your address and free shipping is still in place. A bud ordered 2 K of 9mm a few weeks back, as as his first order from them he was able to take advantage of this offer.

I, and several friends, have use Freedom ammo before and have not had any problems with them.

SGAmmo is a site I use more times than not. Good prices and fast shipping = win/win in my book. :pleased:

• Like 1

Went into the Clarksville Academy last night they have 1000rd boxes of Remington UMC 115gr on sale for $169

Also had Monarch Brass on sale for $7.99/50. Not sure if that was only last night or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'd say the 9mm supply/demand has shifted in favor of the consumer (at least in the short term)
  • Like 2

I'd say the 9mm supply/demand has shifted in favor of the consumer (at least in the short term)

Yes my friend. These may well be the closest we'll come to the Good ole Days in the foreseeable future.

As the saying goes: "Buy it cheap and stack it deep"...no need to regret it later.

• Like 1