Shot a 10mm Glock 29 today for the first time

E4 No More

I went to the good folks at Guns & Leather today to have Jeff install new sights on my new Sig P320 9mm, and decided to avail myself to the range while I was there. I also took my P320c .40 with me. The good fellows at G&L didn't have a Glock 20 to rent, so they allowed me to shoot a used Glock 29 with extended grips on it. I load full bore .40 to duplicate the velocity and recoil of the Critical Defense ammo that I carry, so they weren't just target loads. I shot the .40 for awhile and then immediately picked up the Glock so I could appreciate a full impression. It was FUN!! Nice fireball coming out of that shorter Glock, but, alas, Glock has to go and put those danged finger grooves in the wrong place for people with XXXL hands, (they had a new 20 for sale that I handled). If you haven't shot a 10mm then I suggest you give it a try just for a wee bit of fun. :)

Too bad I live so far away because their range prices were really great!!

• Like 1

Glad to see someone else enjoying 10mm.

Get a Gen 4 20 and dont look back.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The problem with the Gen 4 20 is still the finger grooves being in the wrong place for my fingers. It actually lessens the contact surface rather than increasing it like they should. :shrug:

• Like 1
20150628_230931_zpse1bigvrs.jpg

20150628_230959_zpsykupfvtb.jpg

I don't want the glock guys to have all the fun, lol! Here are my EAA Witness 10MMs. Top is an Elite Match, bottom in a standard Witness. The Elite Match is a total sleeper... around $750 for a super sweet 3.5-4lb trigger and awesome fit and finish right out of the box. Just upgrade to a 20+lb recoil spring, they're stupid undersprung. The best groups I've ever shot have been with that gun.

The standard Witness is just average. Edited by musicman
  • Like 2

Yeah I think they may be okay now that they got this little issue resolved.

2rr2w68.jpg

I ain't bashing just having fun!

Is that one of those summer convertible models?  Didn't they tell you not to shoot .40 ammo in that weak 10mm?

20150628_230931_zpse1bigvrs.jpg

20150628_230959_zpsykupfvtb.jpg

I don't want the glock guys to have all the fun, lol! Here are my EAA Witness 10MMs. Top is an Elite Match, bottom in a standard Witness. The Elite Match is a total sleeper... around $750 for a super sweet 3.5-4lb trigger and awesome fit and finish right out of the box. Just upgrade to a 20+lb recoil spring, they're stupid undersprung. The best groups I've ever shot have been with that gun.

The standard Witness is just average.

Those grips look small. Are they?

What's the story?

Comms post:
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk[/quote]

The Glock failure photo was in regards to Comms response to SWJewellTN suggesting he get a Gen. 4 Glock 20 . I would say it's safe to say that Comms may be the Number one 10mm Resident Fanboy around this forum. The photo I posted was a random Glock 20 catastrophic failure aka Glock Kaboom or KB of which there are no shortages of Glock KB's on the interwebs. Glock had some major issues early on between the NY trigger saga and catastrophic failures. Glock has done quite well considering all the negative PR they endured early on. Check here for more on Glock KB's

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html

I'm not a die hard Glock hater, more like I drank the koolade and it didn't take or maybe left a bad taste. I prefer my hand guns to be made with metal and wood. I do own a couple of polymer frame handguns and may own more in the future but chances are slim that they will be a Glock. Like I said under the photo on the original post, "I ain't bashing just having FUN". Another one of my failed attempts at a little humor I guess. Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 1
[quote name="MP5_Rizzo" post="1337020" timestamp="1450637117"]What's the story?

Comma post:
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk[/quote]

The Glock failure photo was in regards to Comms response to SWJewellTN suggesting he get a Gen. 4 Glock 20 . I would say it's safe to say that Comms may be the Number one 10mm Resident Fanboy around this forum. The photo I posted was a random Glock 20 catastrophic failure aka Glock Kaboom or KB of which there are no shortages of Glock KB's on the interwebs. Glock had some major issues early on between the NY trigger saga and catastrophic failures. Glock has done quite well considering all the negative PR they endured early on. Check here for more on Glock KB's

I'm not a die hard Glock hater, more like I drank the koolade and it didn't take or maybe left a bad taste. I prefer my hand guns to be made with metal and wood. I do own a couple of polymer frame handguns and may own more in the future but chances are slim that they will be a Glock. Like I said under the photo on the original post, "I ain't bashing just having FUN". Another one of my failed attempts at a little humor I guess.[/quote]
Damn proud of it too!

Ive TRIED to get my Glock to blow up. 10.7gr of 800X under a 180gr plated projo didnt do it I dont know what will.

I'm not a die hard Glock hater, more like I drank the koolade and it didn't take or maybe left a bad taste. I prefer my hand guns to be made with metal and wood. I do own a couple of polymer frame handguns and may own more in the future but chances are slim that they will be a Glock. Like I said under the photo on the original post, "I ain't bashing just having FUN". Another one of my failed attempts at a little humor I guess.[/quote]
Damn proud of it too!

Ive TRIED to get my Glock to blow up. 10.7gr of 800X under a 180gr plated projo didnt do it I dont know what will.

Comms - I'll likely be acquiring a G20 very soon and will be handloading some nuclear ammo for it.  Are you running the factory barrel?  If so, have you noticed any ill effects from not having a fully supported chamber?  Excessive case bulge or anything like that?

I'm planning on getting a gen 3 SF for what it's worth.

Edited by samson7x

Comms - I'll likely be acquiring a G20 very soon and will be handloading some nuclear ammo for it. Are you running the factory barrel? If so, have you noticed any ill effects from not having a fully supported chamber? Excessive case bulge or anything like that?

I'm planning on getting a gen 3 SF for what it's worth.

Even with my absurd handloads in the factory barrel there is very little bulging.

The 10mm case is very strong. With normal nuclear loads it doesnt bulge at all

• Like 1