Is It Winter Yet

runco

Believe it's a first for me this morning with thunder and lightning on christmas morning.  Sure, lots of rainy christmas days in my past, but don't remember thunder and lightning in my 60 yrs.  

Merry Christmas to all, and shoot straight.  LOL

• Like 1
It was 68 on Christmas in the mid 90s (95,96ish) when I was young. I remember bc I got a new basketball and went out and played in a t-shirt, that was in WV. It's odd for sure but not unheard of. What's odd to me is the length of the warmth. Looks like next week it'll cool off some. I'd be happy if it stayed I. The 40s-50s all winter :)

Yep, weatherman said that there is a snow storm system building in the west right now that will more than likely blanket the north east with about 3 feet of snow the end of next week so they better enjoy this weather up there while they can. 75 yesterday in NYC. I don't figure we will get much of that snow storm down here. I figure once it reaches Texas the warm Gulf of Mexico will blow the most of it north. Seems to work that way most times. As far as ICE goes. I learned a long time ago when I use to play in the snow with my 4X4 trucks that on ice with steel studded mudder tires you could go ok but when it came to stopping on ICE you could not stop any faster or safer then a car with bald tires............... :2cents:  

This was my backyard after the rain this morning.  I've lived in my current abode for just over two years, and this much water staying above ground in that spot is a new one for me.  I didn't measure the buildup, but I'd imagine it's above the ankle in depth.

IMG_20151225_075031_zps9uqumlq4.jpg

514d7c30c40011472a736f9701ab794a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There isn't a 4wd on the planet that will touch a Subaru at high speed in the snow, dirt or gravel. I've driven everything from a lifted 76 Jeep cherokee, 78 Ford f150 with a big block and boggers, 2005 Duramax 2500 4wd etc. Right now I've got a 4x4 Dodge dakota, and in snow I'd trade it for a beat up Scooby in a heartbeat. My old WRX. In that trim it was a hoot.

Soggylake018.jpg

And in this setup it would give anything short of a great driver in an awesome car a hell of a time. We used to do canyon runs every weekend and I earned a spot towards the front of a pack of fast cars in that thing.

Newpicsfromcali038.jpg

Sent from behind the anvil
  • Like 1

514d7c30c40011472a736f9701ab794a.jpg

You sir, must not have spent much time around Wyoming. Every other car on the road is a Subaru, and we're not tree hugging hippies up here. The one stuck in the photo is a Subaru Baja, awd.

It's also a 16" deep snowdrift. Not many vehicles will make it through bumper deep frozen snow. :lol:

You sir, must not have spent much time around Wyoming. Every other car on the road is a Subaru, and we're not tree hugging hippies up here. The one stuck in the photo is a Subaru Baja, awd.

It's also a 16" deep snowdrift. Not many vehicles will make it through bumper deep frozen snow. [emoji38]

No I haven't. Just trying to get some humor out of the post. I figured once it was in snow that deep nothing was moving it.

• Like 1

No I haven't. Just trying to get some humor out of the post. I figured once it was in snow that deep nothing was moving it.

Nope. I dug out behind it with the tractor, then pulled it out. Buried up to the frame. Anything buried up to the frame is stuck until help gets there. Why driving through that mess was attempted I don't know, but it didn't work out. :lol:

On average winter roads, I'd rather drive the Subaru than our 4x4 F-350. That car sticks to the road like glue. Nobody does AWD as well as the Scoobys do.
  • Like 1

The spring frogs in my area are in full swing right now, very noisy.  Hope those little green guys know its not time to come out.   Also tons and tons of bike riders out, and I see a lot of boats on water.  If I didn't know better, I say spring had sprung!