Seems like a good price for a spare BCG

Do bolts really fail often (recreational shooting) enough to justify a spare?

For recreational shooting, you don't need any spare parts at all, 'cause you can just order them at your leisure when you need hem.  Assuming there isn't a panic like a couple years ago.

Assuming a bolt wasn't poorly made from the gitgo (like fails in the first hundred rounds or so), it isn't "likely" to break for at least 5K and probably even approaching 20K. But just like many firearm parts that get repeated stress,  they nonetheless do break all along the statistical bell curve, and if they do it's a show stopper.

I don't know that I've ever heard of a carrier actually breaking. Maybe possible with a big kaboom though, dunno.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Admin Team

I don't even like ARs. Ya'll muthas are a bad influence on me! :D

Got an upper coming tomorrow. :crazy:

I laugh every time I see you post in an AR thread. I keep expecting to see a show and tell with one of your builds sporting walnut furniture and a lever action.
  • Like 2

I laugh every time I see you post in an AR thread. I keep expecting to see a show and tell with one of your builds sporting walnut furniture and a lever action.

Brownell's does have walnut ar furniture, and I admire it often. :)You might just see one yet.

My nitride BCG from AIM showed up today. Tracking showed delivery estimated date of 1/5 but it made it early I guess. Looks really good, quality and finish wise. But this is the 2nd bcg I've bought where the firing pin retaining pin was spread out so far it would BARELY come out and would not go back in. Well, I didn't keep trying but it wasn't going in. Luckily on the first one it happened with, I ordered 5 spares in case I ever lost or bent one too badly to install. Problem fixed! Edited by rugerla1