SHOT Show Rumors

I was just lurking on the Shotshow.org web site, no major announcements yet.  Probably won't see any until just a few days before.  We do know from reading here at TGO Glock may announce those new models (optics), but from my reading nothing major (yet).  Here is a link to the newsroom, and below that just the normal link to their site:

http://shotshow.org/media/newsroom/

http://shotshow.org/

S&W will be releasing an M&P 10 with a heavy barrel and quad rails.biggrin.gif ...

I was reading this with my phone and was scrolled over so the names and avatars are cut off (either that or have to scroll through each post up down and sideways) and my first though was "Oh, Dave will be quite pleased when he reads this...

:rofl:

I was reading this with my phone and was scrolled over so the names and avatars are cut off (either that or have to scroll through each post up down and sideways) and my first though was "Oh, Dave will be quite pleased when he reads this...

:rofl:

Smith & Wesson is pretty good about giving their customers what they want. I figure if I post it enough they will get the idea. biggrin.gif
Im hoping that LWRC will release a civilian equivelent of the SMG-45, it is too cool for school.

Glock 44 maybe? Hopefully a single stack or Long Slide 357SIG lol.

Or maybe a Gen 5 with more aggressive frame texture, undercut trigger guard, no finger grooves, steel guide rods, stock "-" disconnector, adjustable sights and extended slide releases? (Not gonna happen)

Thats more what I want to see and less actual rumors

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Im hoping that LWRC will release a civilian equivelent of the SMG-45, it is too cool for school.

Glock 44 maybe? Hopefully a single stack or Long Slide 357SIG lol.

Or maybe a Gen 5 with more aggressive frame texture, undercut trigger guard, no finger grooves, steel guide rods, stock "-" disconnector, adjustable sights and extended slide releases? (Not gonna happen)

Thats more what I want to see and less actual rumors

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

When it was shown off at show show last year, they said sometime 2016 for a sbr version of LWRC SMG

I have it under the strictest confidence that it will be a HUGE part of Costa's runway performance art show.  Think Rockettes mets dirty stripper with XXX level mag changes.

With Japanese subtitles on the broadcast I trust?

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2016/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am VERY interested in seeing the new Gen2 M&Ps and to see just what caliber/ammo/pistol combo is used to achieve the 90% accuracy of 4" groups at 50yards with a service pistol.

I just may pick up a M&P Bodyguard if they make one with no safety.

I also like the CZ Scorpion carbine but that's been hinted at and expected for some time now. For some reason, after seeing it, I like it better than the pistol version, although SBR trumps them all :) Edited by nightrunner

I also like the CZ Scorpion carbine but that's been hinted at and expected for some time now. For some reason, after seeing it, I like it better than the pistol version, although SBR trumps them all :)

I'm glad CZ is making things for the public, but a 16" version of the Scorpion has zero interest for me.  What does all that extra barrel do for a 9mm?  One of the best selling points of the 7" Scorpion pistol is that it makes a great HD/CQB weapon with or without a rifle stock as well. 

Though get the carbines out on the market.  Maybe I'll be able to score a 7" Scorpion at a discount by someone looking to upgrade.  Their change can be my gain!

I'm glad CZ is making things for the public, but a 16" version of the Scorpion has zero interest for me. What does all that extra barrel do for a 9mm? One of the best selling points of the 7" Scorpion pistol is that it makes a great HD/CQB weapon with or without a rifle stock as well.

Though get the carbines out on the market. Maybe I'll be able to score a 7" Scorpion at a discount by someone looking to upgrade. Their change can be my gain!

Me personally, I really like that hand guard. Swap out the 16" barrel for the 7" barrel and have half the suppressor under the hand guard. I really like that look.

I haven't paid that much attention, is the folding stock and mechanism out on the market to Form 1 the Scorpion pistol?

For me, aside from magnum calibers (.357mag, .44mag) I prefer short barrels for pistol caliber carbines.

But, 9mm is a lot quieter unsuppressed, less muzzle blast, and easier to effectively suppress than a 5.56 AR. I'm sure it's preferable to some.