Organizing my safe

KahrMan

So I opened my safe yesterday and realized it had become a catch all for all sorts of junk.  It just looked like a mess.  Besides my guns and extra magazines I had several old holsters I don't use, extra scope rings, scope bases, scope covers, assorted screws, gun locks, shotgun gun plugs, assorted individual rounds, assorted tools, cleaning brushes, backstraps, scope boxes, gun boxes..well you get the picture.

I pulled everything except for my guns out.  I threw away what was trash and organized the other things on my work bench.  At least I now have all my scope stuff in one place, cleaning stuff together etc.

The only thing i put back in the safe with my guns was the extra magazines for each gun.  Now when I open my safe it is nice and neat and organized.  I might be being a little anal but clutter just gets to me.  

Anybody else let there gun safe turn into a junk pile like I did?

• Like 1
I am pretty a-type when it comes to that. My disorganized is overly organized to most. I have about as many cabinets in my gun room as my kitchen. I have a few junk drawers, but I try to keep things neat.

Now if my bed would just make itself, I would be doing good.

I keep all my accessories organized in ammo cans. Ammo cans for ammo, for magazines, and then a large mortar or similar can holds all my accessories. I have a couple of dozen cans all stacked nice and pretty with a label denoting contents.

That's a good idea and I have several extra cans just laying around.

I keep all my accessories organized in ammo cans. Ammo cans for ammo, for magazines, and then a large mortar or similar can holds all my accessories. I have a couple of dozen cans all stacked nice and pretty with a label denoting contents. 

In reality, you described my set up as well...however I do have the coffee cup on the work bench with green fuzzies.

• Moderators
My safe was overflowing, and not from clutter. Good problem to have. Just recently organized it to the max. Best thing I ever did was start using rifle rods. They made all the difference in the world. I can get three times the rifles in the same amount of space. Plus I used a cloth shoe organizer on my door. Holds pistols and mags together plus everything else I might need. Great thing is we paid like 9 bucks for it and had put it in the garage because we no longer used it. I had intentions of buying one of the door organizers for $120. Also using the pistol hangers you slide over a shelf. Edited by ggwilde

Best thing I ever did was start using rifle rods. They made all the difference in the world. I can get three times the rifles in the same amount of space. 

This. Rifle Rods made a huge difference in the capacity of my safe. I also made a rule when I bought it, accessories don't go in. Guns and valuable things do, mags/ ammo/ holsters/ spare parts/ etc do not. The safe itself is pretty well organized, but there ,ay be a bunch of cardboard boxes full of other stuff in the closet beside it. :lol:

This statement requires a picture to be posted of said biscuit  :cheers:

Naw, I'm not really that bad, I am as organized as I can be.  I'm set up much like Murgatroy described.  I just think it is time for another big box.

Naw, I'm not really that bad, I am as organized as I can be.  I'm set up much like Murgatroy described.  I just think it is time for another big box.

I was hoping not, I don't know many people who'd let a biscuit go to waste like that :lol:

Mines not too bad either. Although another couple rifles and I'll need to take out some things and utilize the other side for guns instead of using the shelves.

• Like 1

I solved the problem by buying a larger safe. Still keep most accessories and ammo on shelves outside the safe but I do keep loaded mags and reasonable amount of ammo for each gun stored in the safe. I also keep a holster for any gun I might want to grab in a hurry to carry.