Presidental primary early voting

owejia

Anyone ever consider that maybe Trump is in the race to split the votes between him and the republican nominee. He has said he will run as an independent, which hurts us more than Hillary, if he does not get the nomination. That alone tells me he is not loyal to anyone and will only go the direction that best suites him. Also, I find it really hard to believe a native born New Yorker can have an ounce of conservative in him. Look at those he socializes with to see where his true colors are. People socialize with like minded people.

I can tell you I am voting for Cruz and I will not vote for Trump. How many candidates have you seen shooting? Shooting machine guns? Cooking bacon on the barrels of "assault weapons? That's right, none. He is a Constitutional lawyer that has fought for gun rights. He was heavily involved in the Heller case. He is still fighting for us so for that reason alone I will vote for him. He also wants to abolish the IRS and our current tax system. He wants to fix the immigration system without giving them amnesty.

There are a lot more reasons to like Cruz than things that are wrong. I was critical of him the last time I spoke of him. Now I see and now I want Cruz to be president. He has a long history of supporting the Constitution.

If nothing else just read an unbiased history of what all he has done in his life. If there is one candidate that is for the people it is Cruz.

• Like 4

And one more thing, this is the most important election in our children's lifetimes. The justices appointed during this presidency will make up the majority. Do we want to take a chance on Trump nominating someone who is against the Second Amendment or the Constitution. The SCOTUS is unbalanced now and with a nominee from Hillary or Trump it could mean the end of our gun rights. And for a glimpse of how that is look at England and Australia. In England you can go to prison for shooting someone who is trying to kill you and Australia is similar. We cannot afford to loose a single seat on the Court, at least not if we want to be able to defend ourselves.

We live in very dangerous times, all you have to do is look at what is happening across the globe to see this country is the last bastion of freedom and that will be a thing of the past if Hillary gets elected.

Please lets not take a chance on Trump and vote for the only nominee who believes in the power of the Constitution.

• Like 2

And one more thing, this is the most important election in our children's lifetimes. The justices appointed during this presidency will make up the majority. Do we want to take a chance on Trump nominating someone who is against the Second Amendment or the Constitution. The SCOTUS is unbalanced now and with a nominee from Hillary or Trump it could mean the end of our gun rights. And for a glimpse of how that is look at England and Australia. In England you can go to prison for shooting someone who is trying to kill you and Australia is similar. We cannot afford to loose a single seat on the Court, at least not if we want to be able to defend ourselves.

We live in very dangerous times, all you have to do is look at what is happening across the globe to see this country is the last bastion of freedom and that will be a thing of the past if Hillary gets elected.

Please lets not take a chance on Trump and vote for the only nominee who believes in the power of the Constitution.

Dang, I guess I'm in the market for a backhoe.

Anyone ever consider that maybe Trump is in the race to split the votes between him and the republican nominee. He has said he will run as an independent, which hurts us more than Hillary, if he does not get the nomination. That alone tells me he is not loyal to anyone and will only go the direction that best suites him. Also, I find it really hard to believe a native born New Yorker can have an ounce of conservative in him. Look at those he socializes with to see where his true colors are. People socialize with like minded people.

I can tell you I am voting for Cruz and I will not vote for Trump. How many candidates have you seen shooting? Shooting machine guns? Cooking bacon on the barrels of "assault weapons? That's right, none. He is a Constitutional lawyer that has fought for gun rights. He was heavily involved in the Heller case. He is still fighting for us so for that reason alone I will vote for him. He also wants to abolish the IRS and our current tax system. He wants to fix the immigration system without giving them amnesty.

There are a lot more reasons to like Cruz than things that are wrong. I was critical of him the last time I spoke of him. Now I see and now I want Cruz to be president. He has a long history of supporting the Constitution.

If nothing else just read an unbiased history of what all he has done in his life. If there is one candidate that is for the people it is Cruz.

An independant run is very concerning. Bill had his Perot, and hillary may have her Trump. After all, trump has donated money to hillary in the past. Maybe the clintons have learned how to win elections with billionaires...

I pushed the button for Cruz this morning. I'm pulling for him.

..... I don't know if I truly have the stomach for Donald Rump. I don't believe too much in Rubio, but if either Cruz or Rubio is the nominee I will definitely support either. With roughly 55-60% of the current vote between them, and 30% to Rump, that's what I'm hoping....

That is exactly how Trump is seemingly going to get the nomination. He doesn't have the majority vote, only the plurality. As long as Cruz and Rubio are both in and splitting the actual majority, Trump wins the primaries.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

We would start talking about our candidate but after an hour, it would become a discussion of guns then a swap meet. :cool:

That before or after it would become a heated series of arguments about who can beat Hillary, what candidate is really conservative enough, and how supporting an independent is "throwing away" a vote?

Just saying the TGO caucus would have it's own issues to work out.

That is exactly how Trump is seemingly going to get the nomination. He doesn't have the majority vote, only the plurality. As long as Cruz and Rubio are both in and splitting the actual majority, Trump wins the primaries.

- OS

I'd imagine that Trump and Cruz are splitting some votes as well, as Trump and Cruz are closer ideologically than Cruz and Rubio.  Cruz going down would put Trump over the top I think, by virtue of his immigration stance being a lot more harsh than Rubio's history on the subject.  The best case scenario for Rubio is Trump and Cruz keep bashing each other and bleed away supporters by looking completely unreasonable while he stays even keel, and wins enough primaries to take control.  If his head-to-head numbers against Hillary stay steady, expect him to keep that argument going as well.

I want to see how Super Tuesday and the mid-March primaries shake out, but I'm feeling like the Republicans are feeling like a brokered convention is a real possibility.

Heated arguments seem to happen when people are "feeling brave" behind the keyboard. IMHO, most are rational in a public setting. (except liberals but they have issues anyway ;) ) I think a TGO Caucus would realize we're not electing God and the best way to defeat the Dems is get out the vote. The Dems will always rally around their candidate. The problem won't be in the red or blue states, it'll be in the swing states.

I am off work tomorrow so I will go and early vote.  At this moment I honestly don't know whose party to declare for or who to vote for.

There is so much I don't like about any of them.

Early on I liked Donald.  I just can't in good conscience cast for him.

I've been thinking about the wording of my earlier post in regards to Trump and the Trumpets. Since I was questioned, I have thought "did I word that too strongly?" over and over.

The answer is no. I have been working from 7 am to 9:50 pm with no longer than 2 hours' of break time all day. I haven't had time to write my treatise on Trump. However, while taking a Trump... er... dump... I came across this piece from Matt Walsh. It pretty much 100% explains exactly how I feel about Trump and his fans.

Take 5 minutes and read through this. If it angers you... great! Why?

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/dear-trump-fan-so-you-want-someone-to-tell-it-like-it-is-ok-here-you-go/
  • Like 1

I'd imagine that Trump and Cruz are splitting some votes as well, as Trump and Cruz are closer ideologically than Cruz and Rubio. Cruz going down would put Trump over the top I think, by virtue of his immigration stance being a lot more harsh than Rubio's history on the subject. The best case scenario for Rubio is Trump and Cruz keep bashing each other and bleed away supporters by looking completely unreasonable while he stays even keel, and wins enough primaries to take control. If his head-to-head numbers against Hillary stay steady, expect him to keep that argument going as well.

I want to see how Super Tuesday and the mid-March primaries shake out, but I'm feeling like the Republicans are feeling like a brokered convention is a real possibility.

I was torn between cruz and rubio today. I voted cruz because I think he's a conservative that stands the highest chance of sticking up for the constitution. Rubio would have been my next choice, and I almost voted for him because he polls better against the democrats. If that continues, then I hope he wins for that alone. I get the feeling that those ready to get behind trump have already done so. However, if trump wins the nomination, then I will vote for him in the general.

Think about voting the democratic primary so that I can vote against Hillary twice.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I overheard more people today in line declaring they wanted to vote democrat than I did republican. This is very unusual for where I live. I hope it's just a cross over to have a chance to vote against hillary twice and not the new influx of northeasterners that I have been encountering more and more. I thought about doing the same thing myself and kind of wished I had.

@Musicman: "taking a Trump..." :Rofl: Edited by Wingshooter

I think it's pretty clear that either Trump or Cruz will win the nomination, but Trump leads a lot in the delegate category. What Cruz needs to win out over Trump is for Rubio to drop out NOW and support Cruz before Super Tuesday on March 1st when over 500 delegates are up for grabs. Trump currently has 50 over Cruz with 22. Rubio has 20 and probably won't drop out for that reason even though his votes could put Cruz over the top. It's Cruz's best shot anyway IMO unless Trump takes a big hit on March 1st which don't seem to be likely from what has been happening. If Trump sweeps on Super Tuesday, he'll be over halfway to the 1237 delegates to win.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_delegate_count.html

I think it's pretty clear that either Trump or Cruz will win the nomination, but Trump leads a lot in the delegate category. What Cruz needs to win out over Trump is for Rubio to drop out NOW and support Cruz before Super Tuesday on March 1st when over 500 delegates are up for grabs. Trump currently has 50 over Cruz with 22. Rubio has 20 and probably won't drop out for that reason even though his votes could put Cruz over the top. It's Cruz's best shot anyway IMO unless Trump takes a big hit on March 1st which don't seem to be likely from what has been happening. If Trump sweeps on Super Tuesday, he'll be over halfway to the 1237 delegates to win.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_delegate_count.html

That's true, but the Rubio camp needs Cruz to drop out now for him to win over trump. I don't see either one of the top three going anywhere anytime soon. I wonder if kasich and carson still think they even have a fraction of a shot Edited by Wingshooter