Putnam County Sheriffs Online Auction

So evidently Sheriff Farris is looking to make some greenbacks for the department. Lots of revolvers, rifles and shotguns. Pretty interesting.

http://www.taysauctions.com/auction/278959/online-only-absolute-auction-firearms/

http://wkrn.com/2016/02/18/putnam-county-sheriffs-department-holds-online-gun-auction/

Found the story on WKRN. I'm thinking they're all seizures, but there's some cheap and interesting looking pieces.

-Admins, I had no clue where to put this but wanted to share. Hope this is right, if not, please feel free to move. Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 1
I have seen this posted in lots of places now, and have even gotten emails from friends about it. That tells me there will be lots of folks checking it out. Seeing the results of a lot of these type of auctions, I don't know that too many deals will be had. I'm guessing it'll end up being a great way to find a $300 hi-point C9 or a thrashed model 10 for $750. :/
  • Like 2

I picked up a S&W 36 and a rem 870 at their last auction. The Overton count sheriff's evidence locker is apparently in a creek, and Putnam's looks to be about the same. Prices are a lot higher on this one, though. The actual people running the auction are pretty professional, however, and the payment/paperwork process is fairly quick.

Edited by 79troublehead

The M1 and the G23 w/ Crimson were reasonably priced yesterday morning....not so much any longer, especially once you add in the 10% premium. I only expect it all to go higher. There are a few interesting older pistols in there like the Dreyse, but the condition on them is generally poor.

• Like 1

Worst part about those auctions are the crotchety old men who just dont give up...do you want a $800 Remington 870? Because thats how you get a $800 Remington 870

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

In person auctions I totally agree with you on that but can't see overall wearing papaw sitting at a keyboard hitting "bid". Those type of losers need you to see them outbid you in person to achieve the satisfaction they seek. Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 3

Worst part about those auctions are the crotchety old men who just dont give up...do you want a $800 Remington 870? Because thats how you get a $800 Remington 870

Comms is right, but it's not just us crotchety old men, there are plenty of younger fools that just can't stop bidding. :stir:

• Like 1

Only if you're the last crotchety old man to bid!!

• Like 1

I have bought several guns from these guys in the past.  Good deals can be had but not usually on common models.  

I like dealing with this company.  A lot of good people work there.  Also it gives me an excuse to run up to Cookeville and see my kids at TTU.

So out of roughly 250 firearms from the Putnam County Sheriifs Department auction there is not a single Glock or AR on the list.  I guess they never confiscated any or they get first dibs?

If it's like my local PD the Sheriff gets his FIRST,lol

• Like 2

I just shared because I thought there were some interesting things. I didn't know there was another thread about it, I'm sorry.

It was early and I didn't think to search. I'm still new at this a bit.

No apology necessary !

Admins will scrub one of them if they need to