Naval Warfare Survival Knives

At Shot Show this year, a company named First Edge out of San Diego went public with their knives,
The Navy Seals in Kodiac Alaska contracted them to make a Kydex sheath that would not fail, while doing this they also requested a knife.

image_zpsl2cyqejj.png

The First Edge 50/50 is the knife, it looks very impressive the blade is Elmax steel plain edge and nearly 1/4 inch thick. These knives can now be purchased by the public they were not allowed to sell them for one year

I will be getting one for myself, the MSRP is $350 I should be able to sell these for less

I will be posting details about their knives, they also make folding knives and one is an auto!

Here is First Edges info on the knife

5050 Fixed Blade Survival Knife
$350.00
FirstEdge’s hefty 5050 Survival Knife was designed and built in partnership with U.S. Special Forces to their demanding specifications to create a true survival tool. This immensely strong knife is a full-tang construction, made of high grade ELMAX ™ Steel with course textured G-10 handles.
The Patent Pending Kydex Tri-Composite Sheath is able to be disassembled for cleaning and was built to withstand the harshest conditions on the planet.
Full Tang Fixed Blade
ELMAX Stainless Steel Blade – .235” thick
60-61 HRC
5.125” Blade Length
11.25” Overall Length
1.47 lb. Packaged Weight / 17.5 oz. Knife Only
Bevel – Flat Grind
Course Textured Black G-10 Handles
Striking Pommel
Lanyard Hole
Stainless Steel Hex Fasteners
Black Oxide Finish On Blade and Fasteners

Edited by willis68
  • Like 3
I just got off the phone with them,

I can sell these for $250.00 shipped between now and the next 3 to 4 weeks I will be ordering some if any of you want one let me know,

I can get any of their models Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

Get yourself a big chunk of Elmax and make me one, I will buy it

I have researched Elmax and being a one man operation it requires some things such as carbide bits and other stuff I'm not willing to invest in. It's a fine combination of high wear and corrosion resistance but I think the cost prevents me making one and selling it to most of my customers. Finding a piece of barstock even at 5/32" thick provides a challenge in itself but I digress. I do appreciate your offer though. 

• Like 2

I have researched Elmax and being a one man operation it requires some things such as carbide bits and other stuff I'm not willing to invest in. It's a fine combination of high wear and corrosion resistance but I think the cost prevents me making one and selling it to most of my customers. Finding a piece of barstock even at 5/32" thick provides a challenge in itself but I digress. I do appreciate your offer though.

I watched a video of these knives being made, one of the reasons that I want one it is a labor intensive process with all the industrial machines they have, you should see just how thick the chunk of Elmax is before the machine shaves it down,

Elmax when it was first used a few years ago was extremely expensive, I imagine it still is I have owned at least 3 knives with blades made with it, none of them however were Full tang and as beefy as this 5050 knife

I watched a video of these knives being made, one of the reasons that I want one it is a labor intensive process with all the industrial machines they have, you should see just how thick the chunk of Elmax is before the machine shaves it down,

Elmax when it was first used a few years ago was extremely expensive, I imagine it still is I have owned at least 3 knives with blades made with it, none of them however were Full tang and as beefy as this 5050 knife

Got a link to that video?  I'm curious....

There is something to be said for blade steel that can be sharpened on a brick. I like Elmax. But you see a lot of fixed blade knives, including all of mine, that use carbon steel, not stainless.

Not downing these knives. Just not sure I would wanna mess one up making an ear necklace

Willis do you work for the nsa by any chance. I only ask because right before I saw this knife I was searching for a new fixed blade. Whats the best way of getting one of these in my hand? Keep up the good work.
it's tapatalks fault

If you want one, I will contact you before I order mine Edited by willis68