Amazon.com Prime Day

I found the UPS unit I was planning on buying for my wife's very expensive embroidery machine and the computer that runs it for $104 instead of $139. Was glad I was paying attention because they were sold out in less than an hour.

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-1500VA-Mini-Tower/dp/B000FBK3QK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468378846&sr=8-1&keywords=CyberPower+CP1500

I was definitely not impressed. It really felt like a yard sale of their old junk. I searched page after page and never really found anything that caught my interest. I had filled up my wishlist over the last week, and nothing in it showed up on sale.

I did end up picking up one of their Fire TV Sticks. It was more on impulse buy than anything else, as a coworker recommended it. 

They had good deals on their Fire Tablets. I already have a couple I bought from their last sale, so I didn't need any more. For $35 they are a good deal if you don't mind ignoring their overbearing advertising that is mixed in. For $35 it is an outstanding deal if you know how to root them and reload the OS and get rid of the advertising. The ones I have rooted are as nice as the tablet I bought my wife for $300.

• Like 1

It was....a letdown

I paged through amost of the pages of ads and agree that it was a garage sale. I did see 4 or 5 good deals however I bought nothing.

Another prime day and yet another failure. Of course I am sure Amazon made some bucks so all is well. I am sure a lot of folks found deals on things they wanted as well but for me it was a little underwhelming considering the hype.

I got  two SSD's at a good price plus saw multiple other deals that were good-like the segway mini for $699 ($300 off). I am with a guy right now who's company product he said was being sold below their production cost. So they are doing some loss leaders.