Gun owners treated like pedofiles

This is disgusting. A new app that allows anyone to openly post the address of "irresponsible" gunowners. Of course the person who post does so while remaing anonymous. Disgusting. Give the feedback call a line and let them know what you think.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/new-android-app-tracks-gun-owners-addresses-displays-info-to-all-users/

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Here's a review I found browsing the Reviews

Alicia Robertson - July 7, 2013 - Version 1.0

My mother is on this map!

I got this app because I wanted to know if there were any gun-toting rednecks nearby, as we live near the woods, and G-d knows what kinds of crazy hicks want to shoot my babies! To my relief, it didn't report anything to me. I later showed this program to my mother, but when I opened the app, I was absolutely shocked to find out that someone had reported my mother as the owner of an "SKS" assault rifle! My mother never touched a gun in her life! This app is nothing but libellous, bald-faced LIES!!! Shame...

I got this app because I wanted to know if there were any gun-toting rednecks nearby, as we live near the woods, and G-d knows what kinds of crazy hicks want to shoot my babies! To my relief, it didn't report anything to me. I later showed this program to my mother, but when I opened the app, I was absolutely shocked to find out that someone had reported my mother as the owner of an "SKS" assault rifle! My mother never touched a gun in her life! This app is nothing but libellous, bald-faced LIES!!! Shame...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

hahahaha!!! 

Eric Secrist - July 8, 2013 - Pantech Apache with version 1.0

Gotta move the cache

Some idiot went and marked my granny's grave. I mean, how in the world did they know that I had ol' granny cremated so I could use the grave to hide all my weapons? That was a total secret.

This one has to be the wiener of the day though:

It turns out we were less than a mile away from a CRAZY owner of a 91/30 MOSIN ASSAULT SNIPER SYSTEM, along with dangerous and concealable handpistols and carbine rifles.
Edited by Sam1

Time for us to do our civic duty, and report them crazy gun nuts. I think Randy Rayburn has an MP5 in his trunk. Better be on the safe side and report him.

Somebody remind me... who's that old blister at the Tennessean that hates guns?

Edited by mikegideon

Time for us to do our civic duty, and report them crazy gun nuts. I think Randy Rayburn has an MP5 in his trunk. Better be on the safe side and report him.

Somebody remind me... who's that old blister at the Tennessean that hates guns?

Are you referring to Gail "Pass the Biscuits and Gravy" Kerr? Edited by daddyo
Guest Emtdaddy1980
Lets put in 1600 Pennsylvania avenue. That crazy SOB has an arsenal and has used straw buyers to amass over a billion rounds of ammunition.

Wow so has someone here actually downloaded that app to check it out?

I did. Its just a google map with a crosshair on your location. Then it says "Good news! No dangerous guns found" It has a little over 500 reviews and 480+ are 1 stars and 18 are five stars lol. This app is gonna crash and burn.

I did. Its just a google map with a crosshair on your location. Then it says "Good news! No dangerous guns found" It has a little over 500 reviews and 480+ are 1 stars and 18 are five stars lol. This app is gonna crash and burn.

It will crash and burn faster if we fill the database with turds.

• Like 2

Alicia Robertson - July 7, 2013 - Version 1.0

LOL. F her.
  • Like 1
Ok, so I downloaded the app to see what it showed.
A) it only shows about a 5 mile radius around your location.
B) you can only zoom out to said 5 mile radius (btw it uses google maps)
C) there were no dangerous gun owners near me apparently

The read me first part leans on crowd sourcing. It promotes what they call "tattle ware" and essentially promotes the flaming of anyone anywhere for any reason, yet tying into a gun issue.

Here are the indicators a flamed could choose: my thoughts in ( )
Possible unlocked/loaded/unsafe storage (unsafe to who? Bad guys?)
Possible insufficient training (In who's eyes)
Guns and unsupervised children (more concerned about the unsupervised kids)
Possible medical related concern (none of their damn business)
Neighborhood talk, unsafe (just cause I don't like the nearest neighbor doesn't mean I'm unsafe)
Possible high conflict, armed neighbor (guilty if threatened)
Possible out of place, large arsenal (?)
Documented/frequent unlawful discharge (if I shoot there is something or someone I'm aiming at)
Possible illegal weapons on premises (a suppressor is not illegal)
Possible prohibited weapons (I think I saw him carrying a black gun, it was probably an assault rifle or maybe a mop)
Possible anti-government/terrorist threat (really?)
Other concern (I don't like the fact the he doesn't pay for trash pickup and hauls his trash out in the open in his truck)

Of course I'm joking (or not) about my comments above, this app is garbage, and we should all download it if we have android, leave a nice comment for the developer as well as any potential people that might download it, then delete it.

Or, we all could find out who developed it, and log their address as a crazy, whacked out, RPGs unlocked/loaded/ and in unsafe storage :-)

Rant over lol
  • Like 1

So we should make up a ton of fake names/address' and report them all as having guns.  Just to paint the map red.

Seriously, making maps to people's homes that have commented no crime should be illegal. 

We need a map that shows people that are not gun owners just to even the playing field.  (maybe joking).

University of California San Diego lecturer Brett Stalbaum has released an app

The maker of the app understands there are concerns in regards to the app, and they have opened up a phone line to take feedback from the general population. That number is (225) 267-7346. If you’d like to express your displeasure in the app,

Edited by vontar
  • Like 2
Guest Emtdaddy1980
I downloaded it just to investigate. Only about two sentences into the privacy policy it states that you can only mark locations where you are physically present. So if you catch a libtard neighbor standing on your lawn fiddling with his smartphone, castle doctrine may or may not apply.

look at the app comments.

'

I am going to download it and leave a bad review and 1 star as well.  It is getting allot of 1 stars

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.ucsd.visarts.walkingtools.gungeomarker

Eric Secrist - July 8, 2013 - Pantech Apache with version 1.0

Gotta move the cache

Some idiot went and marked my granny's grave. I mean, how in the world did they know that I had ol' granny cremated so I could use the grave to hide all my weapons? That was a total secret.

Edited by vontar

I downloaded it just to investigate. Only about two sentences into the privacy policy it states that you can only mark locations where you are physically present. So if you catch a libtard neighbor standing on your lawn fiddling with his smartphone, castle doctrine may or may not apply.

However, that is probably based on GPS and there are tools to fake GPS entries on smart phones.  I used to use one to lock a GPS point away from my home for any pictures that I forgot to check tags on.

However, it might be a good idea to list Police Departments as having guns.  I mean, I am sure those that are concerned about guns would not want to call someone for help that has guns.  :rofl:

I don't trust opening this app at home.  I will wait until I am at work to open it.  You have to enable GPS just to open it.  Not going to take a chance on the app reporting home from my home.

Edited by vontar