Official TGO "Look what I did to my finger" Thread *GRAPHIC*

Seems like every few months there's a thread where someone mangled one of their fingers.

Last Friday it was my turn.

It was going to be a long weekend so I had a long list of stuff I wanted to get done.

First on my list was turn some range lead into ingots. I got my pot on the burner, my molds, and other tools set up and ready. I put my squirrel cage fan in place to blow the smoke away from me and then I was going to put on my gloves. As I turned to get my gloves the fan started to fall back, I grabbed it at the square air outlet without thinking and...
image_zps861d57ff.jpg

The next day.
image_zps44ec65ec.jpg

Special thanks to the fine folks at Methodist Medical Center ER, they had me fixed up and out of there in no time.

So lets see those messed up fingers!!!!!

Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 3
Nice! Seems like stuff like that always happens to me on Fridays too. Most recently it was me getting my middle finger caught up in a Rigid 535 pipe threading machine on April fools day a few years ago. Only took 27 stitches to fix it. My wife didn't believe me when I called her on the way the ER so when I stopped at a red light I snapped a picture and text it to her.
It broke the middle finger and ring finger on my right hand. It split the (bone/ cartilage) from the last knuckle to the tip of my middle finger. When I returned to work the following Monday a bent piece of 1" schedule 40 black iron pipe my glove and fingernail were on the table where we have our safety meetings.

I'm getting puckering sensations from looking at those pics.

I was getting the same above mentioned sensations.. I have messed up a couple of fingers in my time but it seems I handle looking down at my own better than seeing someone else's! How the finger heals up quickly OP.

Edit. Hope Edited by Luke E.

Really bad "quality" cell phone pictures

24992_107436042623445_7363684_n_zps9a51e

24992_107436039290112_1185400_n_zps082e8

24992_107436035956779_7152259_n_zpsbf81f

24992_107436032623446_4961868_n_zpsefe60

If I'm seeing the pic right...that is the best finger to effe up, because you can proudly show it to everyone and they won't know you are also flipping them off!

:pleased:

I think Dolomite is the reigning TGO finger mutilator champ. He does get bonus points for posting pics here before getting to the ER that one time. :Rock:

I've managed to get myself a few times, no pics though.

Didn't you break your finger doing laundry a while back?

Thats a new one for the book. No offence, but how does one break a finger when handling clothing? I hope it was jamming it against the washer or drier, hell even a basket or a bottle of bleach. Just please dont say while folding or loading.

Brasil was the best patient I had that day !

It was busy as crap...as usual...

I got a text "Hurt hand, in ER"...WTF? Since I don't usually get texts (my friends know I'm a technotard)...I went "darn...must be an emergency"..Sure enough. :cool:

Heck...Brasil needed an update on his Tetanus shot anyway...

Brasil is tough folks. He went on to doing  Randy's class including FOF on Sunday...and no whining at all. :up:

Ted S.

No kidding. I guess I should get my phone number out to the Knoxville area members...and make sure our department is well stocked on sutures. :pleased:

• Like 2