As you mentioned, a racquet ball or tennis racket bag works. Gray-man logo concept...

I've also used the pull tie bags that some folding lawn chairs come in. The one I used was pretty thin, but certainly served it's purpose well.

Let us know what you come up with my friend.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

Need some ideas for a 28" × 9-10" that don't look like gun bags.

Blackhawk has a perfect size in their racquet bag, just seeing what else I could re purpose and stay under the radar.

I use photo studio light stand bags for some, and a soft guitar case works well for ARs or longer guns.  You can use Kaizen foam to make a nice insert for a guitar case.  

Light stand bags come in various sizes, often padded, and fairly inexpensive.  

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

I'm liking the studio light bags. Brand I found - Neewer, searched the Amazon store for "Neewer bag" and found a bunch from 28"+ 

Prices seemed 50% of an equivalent nylon padded case marketed to the gun market.

I did have a bad experience with the Studio Pro bags that Amazon sells, but I have one of the Cowboy and one of the Newer and both have held up pretty well for both guns and studio gear.  

Maybe it's just me, but when I see a tennis racket bag, I think GUN, unless the guy dresses the part and drives a BMW/Infinity/Volvo. If you're wearing boots, overweight, or wearing a Carhartt jacket.... well, it's not fooling me.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Maybe it's just me, but when I see a tennis racket bag, I think GUN, unless the guy dresses the part and drives a BMW/Infinity/Volvo. If you're wearing boots, overweight, or wearing a Carhartt jacket.... well, it's not fooling me.

In that case I'd carry a baseball bat bag or gear bag, us fat guys will fit right in.

41Ga8Tf6yxL._SY355_.jpg

Nike-Team-Roller-Baseball-Bag.jpg

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Scorpian Equalizer said:

You could put your gun bags into a soft shell or hard case Golf travel bag that have rollers. Or try roller duffle bags that come in different sizes, and are very discreet.

Good friend of my son uses the rolling Travel Golf bag. Worked good when he lived in an apartment going to and from his truck. Held several long guns and a bunch of handguns and ammo. The neighbor just thought he liked to golf.

• Like 3
On 6/12/2016 at 9:40 PM, Scorpian Equalizer said:

You could put your gun bags into a soft shell or hard case Golf travel bag that have rollers. Or try roller duffle bags that come in different sizes, and are very discreet.

That is a good idea, especially for larger guns or heavier loads.  My golf travel bag is huge, so that probably wouldn't be my first choice.    

8 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

I have one of the BlackHawk bags. I absolutely love it. It's worth every penny.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

But do you look like a tennis/racquetball player? They usually don't wear camp and 5.11 cargo pants.

I keep coming back to this product, don't wear camo or drive a tact'ed out SUV or pickup...

Could you post a pic or two with gun in bag?

Edited by Gotthegoods

But do you look like a tennis/racquetball player? They usually don't wear camp and 5.11 cargo pants.

I keep coming back to this product, don't wear camo or drive a tact'ed out SUV or pickup...

Could you post a pic or two with gun in bag?

Im sure I could pass for someone who plays tennis for exercise but that's about it. If I'm in a hotel not I'm too worried about what I'm bringing in. Usually have at least two Americases with me. The bag is just for transport and covering it in my truck. Here are the pictures. I keep my Arsenal and a 30 round mag in the bag so it's a little bulky with all the crap on my gun. 2d41274b6af07c99e72ac6032f497708.jpg38048df969277e8ddd3a8ca359ceb9e2.jpga9eb8b9ea6cb9050dfabc8453451e436.jpgcef0c904f08d96a0e568a19ae6fa799e.jpg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

Im sure I could pass for someone who plays tennis for exercise but that's about it. If I'm in a hotel not I'm too worried about what I'm bringing in. Usually have at least two Americases with me. The bag is just for transport and covering it in my truck. Here are the pictures. I keep my Arsenal and a 30 round mag in the bag so it's a little bulky with all the crap on my gun. 2d41274b6af07c99e72ac6032f497708.jpg38048df969277e8ddd3a8ca359ceb9e2.jpga9eb8b9ea6cb9050dfabc8453451e436.jpgcef0c904f08d96a0e568a19ae6fa799e.jpg

With the dimensions of my carbine and overall weight, its more than likely perfect.

The other one I found was the under armour messenger style

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31229046

More $$ and I'm already over budget, but welcome opinions.

I travel with work so I need something under the radar for transport to/from house / car and to/from car / hotel check in and out.

Edited by Gotthegoods
  • Like 1
With the dimensions of my carbine and overall weight, its more than likely perfect.

I travel with work so I need something under the radar for transport to/from house / car and to/from car / hotel check in and out.

Hope that helped. Good luck.

Another thought is to buy an SOE clothes bag. You can fit a set of plates and a rifle in there no problem. Jordan Winkler aka FXhummel just put a video out on it. This may be a little more up your alley

I think it was Dolomite who once mentioned an oxygen tank bad worked well.

I'd look more out of place carrying a tennis racket bag than a rifle in most places. You're mileage may vary.

Perhaps an instrument case of some flavor?

I think the imstrument case would look out of place for me.

Stopped in at Academy (gasp) to check out bags since its Across the parking lot from the Courtyard.

It appears the $20 Wilson tennis racquet bag may work. The shape is more duffle bag-ish. Have to check the width of the carbine as the bag is is 4".