I want to buy a few stripped lowers. I remember when regal/royal range was selling them for 39.99$. I should have bought more.  Nothing high end or super nice. Nashville Armory has the Anderson ones for 69.99$ I think.   Anyone seen them cheaper in a store?  PSA?  What is a reasonable FFL  for the transfers if I order them.  

Thanks.

Edited by broox

I guess it is different for me, not having to pay for TICS, but I tend to go to Buds when they have them on sale and grab them at the ~$50 range by the handful. I have several full builds and quite a few lowers still laying around that I don't know what to do with.

• Like 2

My experience has been that if a local shop has Spikes Tactical lowers in stock for $100 I just grab them. Not only am I supporting a local gun shop, it works out about the same money as an online order without the wait. Most transfers I’ve done were $15 or $20 plus background check. But those prices are hard to find nowadays. Here in my area anyway. If you get a lower that you’re not tickled with for $59 or $69 and then get charged shipping (some do, some don’t), then add $25-50 transfer fee, the it’s worth it to me to buy and walk out with a lower I like more. The flip side to that is you’re limited to what the store has in stock unless they will order something. Then you’re back to the wait time for shipping but won’t have the transfer fee on top of it. Hope that helps and makes sense. 

• Like 2

I can't remember the last time I bought a finished lower.  I keep a couple of 80% ones around.  Half an hour at the drill press and I'm ready to put on a finish.  

No muss, no fuss.  All done for under $50 including shipping.

1 hour ago, 1gewehr said:

I can't remember the last time I bought a finished lower.  I keep a couple of 80% ones around.  Half an hour at the drill press and I'm ready to put on a finish.  

No muss, no fuss.  All done for under $50 including shipping.

Have they come down on the price? The last time that I looked at them they were more expensive than a finished lower. 

I bought a couple about 6 months ago on GB for $35 each.  I haven't looked lately.

45 minutes ago, 1gewehr said:

I bought a couple about 6 months ago on GB for $35 each.  I haven't looked lately.

Face to face private sale? Or shipped to FFL?

Edit, you mean 80% lowers? So no FFL required?

Edited by broox
Finally paid attention to previous post

55 minutes ago, broox said:

Face to face private sale? Or shipped to FFL?

Edit, you mean 80% lowers? So no FFL required?

80% ….correct no FFL required...really the only reason to get one unless you just like tinkering...now with these glock kits coming out at 80%...im sure there will be some rules changes the first time some POS uses one in a publicized crime....but for now if avoiding govt scrutiny is your thing or you just like to "build" they are the way to go....also if you have a Rural King nearby they usually have Anderson lowers for 49

• Like 2

Yes. Got a couple of Andersons set back for pistol builds from them.

I just bought two from specialty arms, 54.95$ plus tax and background. Out the door for right at 130$. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, broox said:

I just bought two from specialty arms, 54.95$ plus tax and background. Out the door for right at 130$. 

Good deal. Anderson’s?

45 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

Good deal. Anderson’s?

Yep.

• Like 1

I've gotten some Anderson lowers at Outpost Armory for $40, wish I bought more, last I saw they were $49-59. Nashville Gun and Knife has closed trigger guard Anderson lowers for $60, which isn't a terrible deal, if you like the closed trigger guard. Royal Range has Spikes lowers for less than $100, Noreen lowers for $70, and I think I saw Aero lowers for $60-70. I would prefer cheap Anderson lowers, but their prices are creeping up to that of higher quality brands.

15 minutes ago, Clod Stomper said:

Only issue I have is each then has a $25 transfer fee plus the BGC per transaction. Sometime I see them locally for $50 out the door at places (not often though).  Used to be one place local did it for $20 plus 5 for each additional transfer. The have gone to $25 per too.