Jump to content

SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, deerslayer said:

He’s been saying that all along.  

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-booed-alabama-rally-after-encouraging-crowd-get-covid-19-vaccine-1621811

 

Former President Donald Trump was booed by his own supporters during a rally in Cullman, Alabama Saturday night after he encouraged the crowd to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," he said, drawing boos from the crowd of supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," Trump continued, brushing off the disapproval. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working. You do have your freedoms, you have to maintain that."

 

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1
Link to comment

 

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-booed-alabama-rally-after-encouraging-crowd-get-covid-19-vaccine-1621811

 

Former President Donald Trump was booed by his own supporters during a rally in Cullman, Alabama Saturday night after he encouraged the crowd to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," he said, drawing boos from the crowd of supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," Trump continued, brushing off the disapproval. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working. You do have your freedoms, you have to maintain that."

 

Glad you posted that link. Hopefully it will appease many on here that think he's the reason for so many hold outs on the vax when clearly that response tells the tale.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-booed-alabama-rally-after-encouraging-crowd-get-covid-19-vaccine-1621811

 

Former President Donald Trump was booed by his own supporters during a rally in Cullman, Alabama Saturday night after he encouraged the crowd to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," he said, drawing boos from the crowd of supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," Trump continued, brushing off the disapproval. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working. You do have your freedoms, you have to maintain that."

 

I guess whatever the point of your link is went over my head.

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I guess whatever the point of your link is went over my head.

It made sense to me. Someone else said they hoped that Trump's words word encourage his followers to get the shot but he was apparently booed for suggesting it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

he was apparently booed for suggesting it. 

I wonder how many, or what percentage, of the crowd actually booed. Newsweek, like CNN, has hardly been kind to Donald Trump. I look with suspicion on most anything I read anymore, which is a sad state of affairs. One has to read very carefully and understand that a lot of things that are "true" aren't truly accurate. Too much "straight" news is heavily spun. 

African Americans and Hispanics seem to be most resistant to being vaccinated, or at least the data shows that lower percentages of those demographics are vaccinated. Neither group is particularly strong in their support of Mr. Trump.

Edited by Darrell
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I wonder how many, or what percentage, of the crowd actually booed. Newsweek, like CNN, has hardly been kind to Donald Trump. I look with suspicion on most anything I read anymore, which is a sad state of affairs. One has to read very carefully and understand that a lot of things that are "true" aren't truly accurate. Too much "straight" news is heavily spun. 

African Americans and Hispanics seem to be most resistant to being vaccinated, or at least the data shows that lower percentages of those demographics are vaccinated. Neither group is particularly strong in their support of Mr. Trump.

The boos weren’t very loud on CSPAN. I watched the rally. Maybe some believe that Cornpop’s nemesis created the vaccines. He tried to take credit 

Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It made sense to me. Someone else said they hoped that Trump's words word encourage his followers to get the shot but he was apparently booed for suggesting it. 

I never mentioned whether or not Trump would help, I just pointed out that Trump pushing the vaccine is nothing new.  He quoted me instead of whoever said Trump may get more people vaccinated.  That would have made more sense.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

He quoted me instead of whoever said Trump may get more people vaccinated.  That would have made more sense.  

Agreed. I didn't realize he quoted you. That's what I get for skimming. 

Link to comment

This latest round has gone through the unvaccinated at work in the last few weeks. One friend and coworker passed away on Thursday. Kevin is first person I've personally known who's died.  He was a quiet guy, about 60, with no complications that I know of.

Of the dozen or so others, about 3 have been in pretty rough shape and went to the hospital.   He's the only 1 who ended up on a ventilator.  I believe the rest are getting better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Admin Team

Viruses rarely get less effective as they mutate.

This delta variant is hitting harder on practically every metric that matters.

If anyone is still on the fence about the vaccine - including if you haven’t gotten it because you caught the wild variant the first go round - I’m happy to talk to anyone about it anytime.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

 My prediction:

 Once they figure out the logistics of how to do it, they will order everyone receiving any money from the federal government to get it. Welfare, Social Security, Medicare, Military retirement, Civil Service retirement ... etc.  Welfare recipients will probably be the last group to have to tow the line but they will get to them eventually.

They might lose in court but people will suffer in the mean time (as if they care).

I agree. It's gonna be a sucky time for a long while regardless. Some people say get used to it. I'm not ready to get used to it yet.

Edited by Quavodus
Link to comment
  • Admin Team
30 minutes ago, Daniel said:


I did not see this coming.

That’s the old adage regarding war games, right?

"One thing a person cannot do, no matter how rigorous his analysis or heroic his imagination, is to draw up a list of things that would never occur to him.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Moderators

Up until now I’ve avoided making a direct encouragement one way or another. I’m going to make one now. 
 

While I get the hesitation, and wholly disagree with any government mandates, I would highly encourage y’all to get vaccinated. If you’re worried or suspicious of the mRNA vaccines, go get the J&J one. It’s built on the old tech that’s been around for decades. 
 

I’m not the one who can break down the science of things, but please take @MacGyverup on his offer if you’ve got questions. 
 

If you want a solid 2A argument for it, I’ve even got one of those.  We can’t preserve our freedoms if we are dead and unable to educate the young in our lives. 
 

I don’t want to lose anymore of y’all if it can be avoided. 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Up until now I’ve avoided making a direct encouragement one way or another. I’m going to make one now. 
 

While I get the hesitation, and wholly disagree with any government mandates, I would highly encourage y’all to get vaccinated. If you’re worried or suspicious of the mRNA vaccines, go get the J&J one. It’s built on the old tech that’s been around for decades. 
 

I’m not the one who can break down the science of things, but please take @MacGyverup on his offer if you’ve got questions. 
 

If you want a solid 2A argument for it, I’ve even got one of those.  We can’t preserve our freedoms if we are dead and unable to educate the young in our lives. 
 

I don’t want to lose anymore of y’all if it can be avoided. 

Yep. Time to quit messing around and get the jab. As much as this whole thing has been exploited, I never hesitated to get it. I just never thought it was my place to demand it of anyone else. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Viruses rarely get less effective as they mutate.

This delta variant is hitting harder on practically every metric that matters.

If anyone is still on the fence about the vaccine - including if you haven’t gotten it because you caught the wild variant the first go round - I’m happy to talk to anyone about it anytime.  

What is your background and is there anything to the news I've read and heard lately that Pfizer is less effective?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Yep. Time to quit messing around and get the jab. As much as this whole thing has been exploited, I never hesitated to get it. I just never thought it was my place to demand it of anyone else. 

That’s all I’ve been trying to say. I’ll take care of me, and you can take care of you. None of my business what you decide. People sure seem to get their drawers in a wad if you don’t share their opinion for some reason.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I got out of the Ascentian St. Thomas hospital in Murfreesboro yesterday after nearly dying from a large pulmonary embolism last Thursday. After they removed the clot, I was eventually moved to the ICU until it was safe to be moved to the cardiac floor on Saturday. I had to wait for a bed to come available in the ICU which took a few hours. Once I got up there I was struck by the amount of people hooked up to ventilators looking like dead bodies just waiting to die. It was easy to determine the COVID rooms because they had constructed what amounts to glass/lexan man traps between the hall and the patient doors. The staff were completely robed, gloved, shielded, and wearing what looked like active carbon respirators before entering the rooms. One of them mistakenly entered my room outfitted as such startling the 💩 out of me. My wife, having walked slower past the rooms, got a better look and was shaken by the experience. She said it was like a floor of dead people that were waiting to officially die.

Folks, this 💩 is no joke. It is a VERY lonely and terrible way to die. Please learn from Phil Valentine and get the damned shot. Many of you I consider friends that I haven't met. and I don't want to hear of you dying this way.

  • Like 6
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
  • Admin Team
12 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I got out of the Ascentian St. Thomas hospital in Murfreesboro yesterday after nearly dying from a large pulmonary embolism last Thursday. After they removed the clot, I was eventually moved to the ICU until it was safe to be moved to the cardiac floor on Saturday. I had to wait for a bed to come available in the ICU which took a few hours. Once I got up there I was struck by the amount of people hooked up to ventilators looking like dead bodies just waiting to die. It was easy to determine the COVID rooms because they had constructed what amounts to glass/lexan man traps between the hall and the patient doors. The staff were completely robed, gloved, shielded, and wearing what looked like active carbon respirators before entering the rooms. One of them mistakenly entered my room outfitted as such startling the 💩 out of me. My wife, having walked slower past the rooms, got a better look and was shaken by the experience. She said it was like a floor of dead people that were waiting to officially die.

Folks, this 💩 is no joke. It is a VERY lonely and terrible way to die. Please learn from Phil Valentine and get the damned shot. Many of you I consider friends that I haven't met. and I don't want to hear of you dying this way.

Glad you're still with us!

I know y'all have family and friends around you - but if y'all need anything - let me know.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.