Jump to content

G20 or some other 10mm flavor?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, NickinTN said:

You should also look at the Springfield XD-M. I bought one when it first came out, great gun. I much prefer the feel in hand when compared to the Glocks, at least the 20 and 29SF of which I owned both. 

 

just another option. 

 

Although I enjoy my Springfield 1911 MC Operator in .45, I am not a fan it their XD series guns. I’ve owned 2. Both were turds even after being sent back for service. I will never purchase another of the XD guns. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, FJCrusing said:

Have owned a Glock 20 Gen4 and had the slide milled for RMR.  Several years later my wife bought me a Sig P220 Legion 10mm and I never shot the Glock 20 again and sold it.  Huge difference.  I would recommend checking into some of the various Sig P220's in 10mm.  Much more pleasant to shoot than the tupperware variety.

I am a big fan of Sig. I leaned towards the G20 due to increased capacity and a history of great functionality even in the most fouled adverse conditions.  
 

I’ll give the Sig another look. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, billyblazes said:

Although I enjoy my Springfield 1911 MC Operator in .45, I am not a fan it their XD series guns. I’ve owned 2. Both were turds even after being sent back for service. I will never purchase another of the XD guns. 

 

That blows and can't blame you for not wanting to give them a try. Mine ran flawless out of the box. 

 

Link to comment
On 3/31/2021 at 6:15 PM, mamcdonald said:

I came pretty close to picking up a Kimber in 10mm a couple of weeks ago but decided against it. I have the bug again though, especially since 10mm is about the only ammo one of the local shops has in stock 

I have a DW 10mm and a SA TRP 10mm.  Both have been excellent pistols with my only problem being  finding 10mm ammo.  

Link to comment
3 hours ago, billyblazes said:

I am a big fan of Sig. I leaned towards the G20 due to increased capacity and a history of great functionality even in the most fouled adverse conditions.  
 

I’ll give the Sig another look. 

The Sig P220 10mm magazines have a capacity of 10.  It's my woods carry gun with a GunfightersINC Kenai chest holster.  The Sig P220 10mm comes in a few different flavors.  Legion, Emperor Scorpion, Nitron, Stainless, Hunter.  I know the Legion and Hunter are still in production, not so sure about the others. 

Link to comment

Decided to buy a Glock 20SF 10mm pistol because of price and reputation. I sold it after one trip to the range. The recoil was brutal. Invested in a Sig P220 Hunter 6" 10mm. Totally different felt recoil and now I enjoy shooting the beast, whenever I can find ammo at a reasonable price.

P220 - HUNTER_.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, TNman207 said:

Decided to buy a Glock 20SF 10mm pistol because of price and reputation. I sold it after one trip to the range. The recoil was brutal. Invested in a Sig P220 Hunter 6" 10mm. Totally different felt recoil and now I enjoy shooting the beast, whenever I can find ammo at a reasonable price.

P220 - HUNTER_.jpg

Nice looking Sig!
 

Interesting about your G20 recoil. I have a gen4 and don’t find it bad at all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I didn't read this whole thread because I'm lazy, so forgive is this is repetitive.  I sold my G20 only to purchase a G29.  I love it.  I love 10mm.  If I were owning simply for shooting purposes I'd have kept the 20 but it was a bit too big to carry for my needs.  I will buy another G20 in the future just because one cannot have too many 10mm guns 

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

Nice looking Sig!
 

Interesting about your G20 recoil. I have a gen4 and don’t find it bad at all.

In a Glock 20 I never found the recoil to be brutal but the dual recoil spring may absorb a little recoil compared to a gen 3.  However, the gen 3 Glock 20SF was a favorite of my wife years ago. I don’t believe I have ever shot a 29. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Patton said:

In a Glock 20 I never found the recoil to be brutal but the dual recoil spring may absorb a little recoil compared to a gen 3.  However, the gen 3 Glock 20SF was a favorite of my wife years ago. I don’t believe I have ever shot a 29. 

I bought a G20 and G29 at the same time. I ended up giving the 29 to my son because I have 3XL hands. I was basically holding onto it with two fingers and a thumb. I shot full power rounds through it alright, but I just didn't like the feeling in my hand. I'm surprised anyone would think that the recoil of a 10mm in a Glock was more harsh than in a steel frame. To each his own, I guess.

Link to comment
On 5/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, E4 No More said:

I bought a G20 and G29 at the same time. I ended up giving the 29 to my son because I have 3XL hands. I was basically holding onto it with two fingers and a thumb. I shot full power rounds through it alright, but I just didn't like the feeling in my hand. I'm surprised anyone would think that the recoil of a 10mm in a Glock was more harsh than in a steel frame. To each his own, I guess.

I love the 20 but I’ve been thinking about getting a 29 also for backpacking. 

Link to comment

I was at bass pro in Memphis at Sycamore view the other day looking for ammo and I made the mistake of looking in the gun counter.  They had a Glock 20 Gen 4 and I couldn’t resist and picked it up.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, The Legion said:

I was at bass pro in Memphis at Sycamore view the other day looking for ammo and I made the mistake of looking in the gun counter.  They had a Glock 20 Gen 4 and I couldn’t resist and picked it up.  

I have a Gen 4 Grey 20 and a Black 29 Gen 4 I love them both, my G20 handles the hottest Underwood ammo with no issues, you will love it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, willis68 said:

I have a Gen 4 Grey 20 and a Black 29 Gen 4 I love them both, my G20 handles the hottest Underwood ammo with no issues, you will love it 

That's exactly what I bought.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never found my G20-3 or lamented G29-3 to be difficult. I have run many, many,  round through my G20. Neither of those guns proved to unbearable.

For me to get full use out of any center fire handgun it's necessary to reload. Also, the G20 and G29 have been with us for years. Wonder how many of today's wonder 10's will be around in 5 years.

If I have the hots for those other guns I'd make sure to get plenty of extra magazines.  Also, save the original box as it may make the guns more desirable to the collector.  Glock's are made to shoot.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

I prefer the G20 for barrel availability, I generally run an aftermarket barrel with better chamber support because I reload ‘em hot. I’ve split a few cases in a factory Glock barrel, but I’ve yet to split one in a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake barrel.

I just picked up a G29, so time will tell on that, but the G20 seems the best do it all gun. Even at 5’6 and 160 I can still conceal it if I need to, and it makes a great woods/hunting gun. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.