Da/sa subcompacts

kgraham

I’m looking for hammer-fired Da/sa subcompacts, and wondering if there are some hidden gems that I am missing. I’d prefer something with a decocker as well. Handguns along the lines of the CZ Rami, Bersa tpr9c, and the Grand Power P11. Any other recommendations would be much appreciated!

Beretta PX4 Storm compact. Not the "sub-compact" , but the COMPACT. It's same size as a CZ P-01 . It has a rotating barrel system that is darn near indestructible. It is hammer-fired and has a decocking lever. Comes in 9mm and .40S&W. 

20231014_173155.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tercel89 said:

Beretta PX4 Storm compact. Not the "sub-compact" , but the COMPACT. It's same size as a CZ P-01 . It has a rotating barrel system that is darn near indestructible. It is hammer-fired and has a decocking lever. Comes in 9mm and .40S&W. 

20231014_173155.jpg

I have a subcompact it's nice, she's a fat little pig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So here is something I dont really understand about a de-cocker. All my CZ's (and others) are the safety models, and I just lower the hammer by hand if I want to de-cock it. But I still have the safety to use. With the de-cocker models, thats all you have. I feel like I'm getting more for my money-lol.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, leroy said:

I ain't a fan of the de-cocker.  Too old I guess, I like the safety setup on the 1911 n CZ pistolas.  Simple manual of arms.  

leroy .  

I have owned a Model 59 S&W since they first came out. So, I'm a fan of the de-cocker (and I'm old).

BTW... Leroy for President! 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Beretta 85

Arex Zero Compact

HK P2000 SK or P30 SK.

S&W 6906 or 3913.  Yes, they are no longer made but they also made a billion of them, so they're out there.  Not to leave out the Chief's Special and the other variants.  Even something like the second gen 469 or 669 would be a fair pick.

The Stoeger 8000 is a decent option based on Beretta's Cougar design.

There are surplus and newly imported Makarovs as well, but you're looking at either .380 (meh) or 9x18 Mak (ugh) chambering.

I have a Beretta px4 compact

Competition trigger group and Langdon tactical optimized trigger bar

Super short reset and great in single and double 

Very underappreciated piece

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, spdfrk70 said:

I have a Beretta px4 compact

Competition trigger group and Langdon tactical optimized trigger bar

Super short reset and great in single and double 

Very underappreciated piece

Heck yeah ! My PX4 compact has the Beretta "stealth" levers and the Langdon trigger bar that has the crazy-awesome trigger reset ! 

20240109_122634.jpg

20240109_122655.jpg

Edited by tercel89
Pics
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Heck yeah ! My PX4 compact has the Beretta "stealth" levers and the Langdon trigger bar that has the crazy-awesome trigger reset ! 

20240109_122634.jpg

20240109_122655.jpg

These are very underappreciated That's very nice I thought about going with the stealth levers but the originals don't bother me that much

But I'll tell you what the competition trigger group from Beretta and that trigger bar yeah it's unbelievable 😁

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The single stacks are most concealable and comfortable to carry : 

S&W Gen 3 of 3913, 3914, 908 size, 9mm, Decocker

SIG P239 in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357 Sig

Springfield XDE, combination Safety / Decocker, hammer fired, in 9mm and 45 ACP.

Taurus TH9C, TH40C are 1.5 stack, but pretty thin.  Safety / Decocker combination.