AMMO REPORTS

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RWS Swiss $16.97/box stuff?

People are still in panic mode and buying it.;) WM's just playing the game.

Yeah.

Last week in 'Nooga, I got one of those 9mm Remington UMC Mega Packs (250 rounds) for $52 or so, 'bout as cheap as it gets at Wally's anymore...I never see those here in Knoxville, though.

They also had some in .40.

- OS

Guest superdrew4000
Walmart on Old Fort Pky in Mboro has a ton of ammo. 9mm and 40 s&w. Had remington, federal, and winchester. Had 250 rd boxes of 9mm for 51.97. Picked up a couple of them.

Yeah, they had everything. I clerk kept saying it was, "like christmas". Finally got a to stock up on .45 acp at a decent price. It killed me to leave two more 100 round WWB .45s on the shelf, but the morgage has gotta get paid.

Madisonville Walmart

Most handgun ammo variety I have seen on a Walmart shelf all at once in some time - probably more than a year; the shelf was dang near full

Several boxes of WWB 9mm, fifty and one hundred round packs

WWB .25acp and .32acp FMJ stacked full (50 round boxes)

Had four 100 round value packs of Remington UMC .380 JHP (I bought one and left three - the box I bought was $39 and change including tax.)

WWB .357 Magnum JHP (fifty round boxes)

Couple of 100 round boxes of WWB .38 Special FMJ

Boatload (don't you love those technical terms?) of .40 S&W in a couple of brands

They also had a couple of different brands/types of .22LR in value packs, including the Federal stuff in a white box that is supposed to be 'optimized' for semiautos.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Thursday Apr 22.....Wally World Jackson (North) had the shelves stocked!:cool: Dude said they had everything except 5.56 and the ever elusive .380.

Dude said they had probably only had a dozen boxes of 380 in the past year.

100 round WWB 9 mil has gone up as was just mentioned to 23.97+tax+tax. But they had a ton of it and a bunch of most everything else.

Of course it never lasts long but it was the most I have seen there in over a year.

Direct Hit Guns & Ammo, A new small shop in south Jackson keeps 380 either Federals, Independence and sometimes WWB. I've also seen the Lawman and Blazer and Aquila 380 there also.

Of course being a smaller shop it is all a couple bucks more than WW but he always seems to have something in 380 of the cheaper stuff along with the Horady. I have never once since he opened a few months ago caught him without any 380.

A few times he just had the expensive Horady and some ball stuff but never none.

He is a self proclaimed AR freak and keeps them and AK's on hand along with a pretty decent inventory of handguns.

1345-B South Highland Jackson 38301 731-736-1939

His name is Brandon and he is a good guy to deal with for those out this way that were not aware of his new shop. As soon as he straightens out his regular email he will be joining us here.:D

Went to Wally World (Oak Ridge) during lunch for a few things and picked up a 100 count box of WWB 9mm for $23.97. More ammo than I have seen in years. Shelf was almost full expect for .45 & .380. Price on the orange & black boxs of 9mm has dropped to $12.97.

Went to Wally World (Oak Ridge) during lunch for a few things and picked up a 100 count box of WWB 9mm for $23.97. More ammo than I have seen in years. Shelf was almost full expect for .45 & .380. Price on the orange & black boxs of 9mm has dropped to $12.97.

I noticed the surplus of ammo there today too. Still no.380, but that didn't surprise me. I did ask about the Blazer Brass 9mm 50ct, and the clerk said they have been replaced with Federal 50ct boxes, still for $9.97. Also noticed the price of .22 went way up. Think it was just under $19 for the 550ct box. seems they were just $15 not too long ago.

Walmart in Bartlett on Hwy 64 had dang near every caliber in stock except 45 and 380 (yesterday morning).

EDIT (5/16/2010) - Went there again this evening and it was the same. Had a fair amount of the Federal .40 for $12.97. None of the Federal 9mm under $10.

Edited by kb4ns
Bass Pro in Memphis was loading the shelves when I was there about a hour ago. Had a bunch of Win SXZ in 9, .40 and .45

I saw that the SXZ stuff is gonna be on sale. Can't say how much - wife threw the ad away and I'm too lazy to pull the ad up on their website, but the price didn't exactly jump out at me.