RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE NOT OR WILL NOT POST - (After orginal law Change)

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Applebee's in Tullahoma yesterday after church with my dad and noticed they had taken their sign down banning handguns. Looked for a sign as you enter the establishment and still no sign.

They will be getting my business as usual.

I was in Applebee's in Tullahoma yesterday after church with my dad and noticed they had taken their sign down banning handguns. Looked for a sign as you enter the establishment and still no sign.

They will be getting my business as usual.

I had looked outside just before the law had taken effect; and about a week after the law had gone into effect and had seen no signs. Did they post this after this?

Anyway:) No signs now at least :nervous:

Went to Big Ed's pizza in Oak Ridge tonight (the pizza is wonderful!) and was concerned that it might be a posted restaurant because there are some batty people in Oak Ridge and they serve beer. They WERE NOT posted and I soon realized why. On there walls they have a huge Glock sign over the door, more Marines stuff than you can shake a stick at, and plenty of awards to shooting teams. So big prop's to Big Eds seeming to be VERY gun friendly!

Matthew

Guest canynracer
Name: Logan's Roadhouse

Address: Carriage House

City: Jackson, TN

Details: No posting. Spoke with the manager on duty. Was not aware of change in the law. See more in this post http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/23924-discussion-posted-restaurants-2.html#post321325

Name: Logan's Roadhouse

Address: Wolfchase mall location

City: Memphis

Details: No posting...enjoyed my meal, well armed...and said nothing. :)

Guest ColdSteel

Luckily, this place is right across the street and their food is badass:

Name: Memphis Pizza Cafe

Address: Madison Ave. (Midtown Memphis)

Appears to be firearm friendly/Not posted

I, as well, enjoyed a nice meal, well armed as I intend to be anywhere at anytime.

Edited by ColdSteel
Posted restaurant removed and added to posted thread
Name: Boscos

No firearms/Proper posting - Needless to say, I decided to take my business elsewhere. And I really like their food & beer.

Luckily, this place is right across the street and their food is badass:

Name: Memphis Pizza Cafe

Appears to be firearm friendly/Not posted

I, as well, enjoyed a nice meal, well armed as I intend to be anywhere at anytime.

I am sure this has been posted before but needs to be seen again:

Jonathan's

Hwy 70

Bellevue

POSTED :):down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

Posted restaurants should go in this thread http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/25149-listing-user-reported-posted-restaurants.html.

As far as seeing if a place has already been reported as posted or not, the search feature of the board is working.

Sorry about that. Since that thread is closed, would you mind adding Jonathans to the list.

Thanks

Done and this thread reworked.

I had originally planned on both threads being a place to just report postings or non-postings. However discussions got started in both threads.

I think started this thread http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/23924-discussion-posted-restaurants.html to have a place to talk about places.

I closed the other thread and asked members to send PM's to make additions so it would be just a list of posted restaurants.

I decided to leave this thread open.

If anyone was wondering why....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest canynracer

Name: Red Robin

Address: Cordova (Germantown Road)

City: Memphis

Details: No posting...enjoyed my meal, well armed...and said nothing.

Edited by canynracer
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished reading an article that stated the ban on carrying concealed in restaurants has been ruled unconstitutional. On 20 November, 2009 a judge ruled that the law was ambiguos in that how can a patron know what percentage of food a restaurant sells in order to be in compliance with the 51% rule. The caveat here is that the AG and Sen. Doug Jackson are expected to draft and introduce another restrictive law during the next assembly of the legislature. If Sen. Jackson is from your district you should give him a call to let him know that you think of his intent to further pursue infringement on our rights. I'm not sure of others are aware of this or not, but if there are establishments that still post a firearm ban, they need to take it down.

I just finished reading an article that stated the ban on carrying concealed in restaurants has been ruled unconstitutional. On 20 November, 2009 a judge ruled that the law was ambiguos in that how can a patron know what percentage of food a restaurant sells in order to be in compliance with the 51% rule. The caveat here is that the AG and Sen. Doug Jackson are expected to draft and introduce another restrictive law during the next assembly of the legislature. If Sen. Jackson is from your district you should give him a call to let him know that you think of his intent to further pursue infringement on our rights. I'm not sure of others are aware of this or not, but if there are establishments that still post a firearm ban, they need to take it down.

I moved this post once...this thread is supposed to be just for notifing members of restaurants that have not posted.

See this thread for more discussion on the topic you are talking about.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest GLOCKGUY

Just got home from Connors restaurant in Knoxville we sat at the bar and the guy working the bar told me the owners said they will not posted because the bad guys wont obey the sign just us law abiding citizens.

Huey's -Collierville

2130 Poplar

Memphis

1 door posted - 1 door not posted

Fox & Hound -Sanderlin

5101 Sanderlin

Memphis

not posted

Belmont Grill

9102 Poplar Pike

Germantown

not posted

Edited by tnhawk
Ruby Tuesdays in Athens not posted as well.

I'll find out tonight if Outbacks in Cleveland is posted (the little thing up in the corner is not legal and not "obvious"). I'll post back after my findings.

Is it something saying they support our rights, but ask that guns not be brought in?