RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE NOT OR WILL NOT POST - (After orginal law Change)

How about we not post non posted restaurants unless an owner/manager/or sign has informed us that they welcome us. We are just going to get too many posts in here that say, "no posting at such and such" when we know from last year that the major majority of restaurants will not post. Do post places that were posted last year but are no longer posted.

Matthew

How about we not post non posted restaurants unless an owner/manager/or sign has informed us that they welcome us. We are just going to get too many posts in here that say, "no posting at such and such" when we know from last year that the major majority of restaurants will not post. Do post places that were posted last year but are no longer posted.

Matthew

Well so many people ask if "place so-and-so is posted". This way they can check to see if someone has already been there and reported.

I would like to see people note whether it's just "not posted" or if the spoke to and/or know the managers and if they have stated they "will not post"

I'm not sure what the best solution is. I know TGODavid is working on a software upgrade. I may check with him about creating a seperate database for resturants and parks in addition to the current posted places database.

Is it something saying they support our rights, but ask that guns not be brought in?

It's the same stupid sign that is put up by corporate when the building is built.

I have spoken to the franchise owner and we are welcome there but due to franchise rules he has to leave the sign there. Of course where it's at 95% of the people have never even seen it.

Matthew

I hate wasting time and gas to only find I'm not welcome at a restaurant!

It's the same stupid sign that is put up by corporate when the building is built.

I have spoken to the franchise owner and we are welcome there but due to franchise rules he has to leave the sign there. Of course where it's at 95% of the people have never even seen it.

Sounds like one of those signs to satisfy the sheeple.

Sounds like one of those signs to satisfy the sheeple.

Yea, one of the waiters (who knows I normally carry) asked me once (during the time when no carry allowed) when he saw the bottom of my holster "Is that your gun?" Of course the holster was empty but if I had been carrying, no one would have said anything. (unless a cop was to walk in and see it).

Fox & Hound -Sanderlin

5101 Sanderlin

Memphis

not posted

Confirmed. I was there this weekend and they are not posted. Didn't want to talk to the manager though because I don't want them to learn about the new law and post because of me.

I was also at Flying Saucer and they are not posted.

Flying Saucer

Germantown Parkway

Memphis

Well so many people ask if "place so-and-so is posted". This way they can check to see if someone has already been there and reported.

I would like to see people note whether it's just "not posted" or if the spoke to and/or know the managers and if they have stated they "will not post"

I'm not sure what the best solution is. I know TGODavid is working on a software upgrade. I may check with him about creating a seperate database for resturants and parks in addition to the current posted places database.

Honestly, I think we need to start from scratch. The law is completely different this go round and some places that were posted may not still be and vice versa.

A database would be the best solution, but it would require some effort to maintain. A form for reporting posted places could be used to collect the data, but you have to worry about integrity if you open it up to everyone.

Guest bcbulldog78

Noticed this weekend that:

O'charley's @ Providence in Mt. Juliet is not posted

Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt. Juliet is posted -prohibiting guns

Waffle House in Mt. Juliet has a sign but I don't think it is legal because it is not visible till you are leaving the restaurant and honestly you could walk right by it if you are not on high alert looking for those types of signs.

We've already got a database set up here on TGO.

CCW Prohibited Locations - TGO Database

There is a lot of old info so it needs to be cleared. It allows the locations to be searched A-Z so if you are going to Applebee's you could pull it up under the A's to see if it's posted or not. Both posted locations and non-posted businesses (not only restaurants) could go here.

I knew we had one. Also figured it was full of outdated data. That's the problem with databases. It can easily become somebody's life work to maintain it.

Confirmed. I was there this weekend and they are not posted. Didn't want to talk to the manager though because I don't want them to learn about the new law and post because of me.

I was also at Flying Saucer and they are not posted.

Flying Saucer

Germantown Parkway

Memphis

Honestly, I think we need to start from scratch. The law is completely different this go round and some places that were posted may not still be and vice versa.

Flying Saucer in Nashville wasn't posted either. I could never carry in there though, I enjoy their beer too much. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest broncobuddha

Outback Steakhouse

North Peters/Parkside in Knoxville is not "properly" posted.

To clarify, no gunbusters sign, no signage at all outside. They have the old sign from way before the law was changed the first time that its a felony to carry weapons where alcohol is served, and it's on the wall behind the hostess stand.

• 3 weeks later...

huh...with all those restorants allowing people to come in with guns, there has to be some kind of blodshade happening pretty soon.....I know all those agressive and blood thursty rednecks and gun nut`s, can`t wait to bring their guns and start shooting old people at the dinner table....LOL ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ForPointSix

Name: Charlie Bob's Restaurant (Meat and Three, with a small Beer bar)

Address: 1330 Dickerson Pike

City: Nashville, TN 37207

Details: Not Posted. I work there and talked to the owner and was told he would not post until it become a problem with loyal customers. But we mainly cater to Officers from East and Central Precinct. So it is not uncommon to have 10-15 patrons carrying there on or off duty weapon at any given time.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Golden Thai

Address: 73 White Bridge Rd # 107

City: Nashville, TN 37205

Details: Will NOT post. This is a family owned restaurant. My cousin is the host and I asked him not to post. Please drop by and show your appreciation. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...