CC people, do you ever OC?

Note: this is NOT an OC vs CC thread and I ask that you leave that discussion for another time and place.

I was really wondering how many of the folks on this board who carry concealed on a regular basis occasionally open carry.

If you do occasionally do, when are where do you OC? At the house only? At the range? When Hunting/Fishing or Camping only? Never?

Just curious. Thanks. :P

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21

I always OC. I have the dark walnut oil leather belt and matching holster for my SA 6.5" .357 mag. It's always halfway between my waist and my knee.

Edit: Like these fellers:

9hork1.jpg

Edited by clsutton21
On private property and for certain events, yes I will OC depending on the situation.

Same with many, if then. I 99.9% of the time wear my CTAC and if I am tucked in I am CC, if I am untucked, I am covered up. If I throw on my Blackhawk, I will be open. Usually if I am open, I am running to the store or to the gas station.

I have noticed that the best deterrent to panhandlers is a guy with a gun on his hip.

Glad I have the option.

Also, someone mentioned in another thread about gun store/range employees open carrying. That has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment or OC vs CC. It has to do with marketing. Marketing gun sales, marketing for holster sales, marketing for permit classes!

I'll sometimes have an extra OWB holster with something in it to and from range, usually a revolver. On weak side, as the ole XD in IWB is a permanent fixture.

Other than that, I'm IWB all the way. I prefer to be a Gray Man (unfortunately in more ways than one). :P

- OS

i never open carry unless theres a reason to be in uniform, I really like being a sneaky SOB.

Not the uniform part. But that is my typical mode, sneaky SOB. 99.99% of the time I am concealed.

I open carry occasionally. It depends where I am going. I will stop for fuel and very occasionally go inside. I don't really like showing my gun but I like my shirt tail in when ever I can.

To me the best thing about the cold months is wearing my shirt tail inside and a jacket or vest as a cover garment.

Guest louderthebetter

Never (well almost never) open carry.I think that when going concealed I have edge

if bad things happen.

If b/guys decide to do bad things where I happen to be and I'm seen wearing a side-arm,I'm going to be at the top of their hit list.

Why chance it..Carry concealed and give yourself an edge.You just may need it.

" If your not paranoid,your not paying attention"

Don't know who said that first,but it works for me.

Always OC on the farm and when driving, otherwise CC.

I do OC sometimes when I am driving, especially if I am in bad parts of town. Being right handed, and a seatbelt wearer is enough of an issue when driving, cc and tucked in adds to it. Just for the reason of accessibility. All those things mentioned above, make it a PIA to get out as quick as I would want. The seatbelt by itself is a huge PIA.

Edited by db99wj

I have an old Colt revolver I love to open carry here on the place, if I am over at a neighbor's place or in the woods. Might be a bearwolf :P or other varmit come after me. Otherwise, no business of most folks I come in contact with that I am carrying.

oldogy

Edited by oldogy