• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bubruins

H&K USPct .45acp

S&W 625 5" .45acp

Saiga 12 19" (converted)

Mossberg 835 28"

ar15 with 11.5" SBR 7.62x39 upper, 24" .308 bull upper, .22 upper

If you ask the Misses... that's 5 guns....

Edited by bubruins
wrong model Mossberg, I want the 835 instead of 935

1. Semi-auto medium to large caliber handgun. Have a 9mm and .40 caliber.

2. 12 guage pump shotgun. I have 2.

3. .22 caliber rifle. Have a Marlin Golden 39A.

4. Smith&Wesson revolver. Have 3.

5. Former communist issue rifle. Have a Yugo SKS and a Mosin-Nagant.

With only 5, I'd throw out carbines, rimfires, and most handguns.

M700 in 7mm rem mag or 7mm-08

M700 in .308

winchester 12ga pump with a multi-choke system

DPMS .308 ar-10 copy (with spare parts)

S&W 629 .44 magnum

1. (Glock 23) or a .357mag (i have both)

2. any quality shotgun, i have a (Baikal mp153 auto shoots up to 3&1/2" rounds with adjustable gas block)

3. a .308 ( Browning safari bar)

4. 22lr rifle, (10/22)

5. .223 /5.56x45(don't have one yet but will soon)

Shotgun - currently hunting with an older Remington 1100 though I still love my A5

Pistol - 1911 I have full size and officers model for carry

AR with all the bells and whistles I geek out on this one lights,laser, eotech, etc.

High Powered Rifle currently I have a .300 win mag, solid stock, scope, rings and bipod

Last but not least an M1 Garand, got mine through the CMP

If I could only have 5 these would be them. These 5 can do everything I need them to but like most other people I have more and want even more!

Guest nascar22

Browning Buckmark .22 pure fun (Have)

FN-P 9mm USG nightstand (Have)

Taurus Slim carry (Have)

Ithaca 20 Gauge side by side (Passed on from father)

Kimber Carry (Want)

Guest GunTroll

I'm one of those "end of the world r's" so my selection is based on ammo availability or commonness. Weapon commonness is key too. Also parts and extras such as magazines and basically how simple the design of the firearm for a quick fabrication of a needed part. Interchangeability is key as well.

1) Glock 17,21,or 22 would fill the pistol slot just fine.

2) 10/22 for the rim-fire slot

3) AR in 5.56

4) Rem 700 in 308

5) Got to have you enemies gun for ammo scavenging, AK-47 in 7.62x39

I don't see how i can limit it to 5....but here goes(where did the number 5 come from? why not 35!)

1 Glock 27(have it)

2 M-4 tricked out with all the bells and wistles(have it)

3 remington 700 deluxe in 30-06 with leupold scope(have it)

4 sawed off 12GA pump for home defence(have it)

5 for my last choice i would have to take an old winchester(torn between the 1873 in 32-20 and 1895 in 30-06 but since the '06 is number 3) would reach for the 1873 as my number 5 gun.(have em)

it's so sad to leave all the other guns out....:D

Guest readyornot

Pistol: Glock 22 .40cal

Pistol: S&W Revolver .357 mag/.38 special (currently have a Model 66 with Crimson Trace grip)

Shotgun: Mossberg 500 Tactical 12 GA (6+1 shot)

Rifle: Remington 770 30.06 w/ scope

Other: Kel-Tec PLR-16 .223/5.56 (AR type pistol)

These 5 cover all necessary areas of need. Carry/personal defense, fail safe pistol, multi purpose shotgun, long range, entry/highpower personal defense

Edited by readyornot

I havent read everyones responses, and im sure at least one will read almost word for word with mine...but, if I had to have five and only five. and these are as close to in order for me. .22 rifle. ar or ak depending on your obssession. good semi auto sidearm. reach out and touch something bolt action. .38/.357 trusty revolver. everything else would just be because of my love of firearms, the 1911 wasnt listed (my fave) because i would rather have a hi cap battle sidearm.

Guest HvyMtl

Hmm.

5 guns...

1 Must be a conceal carry

2 LR22 rifle - for plinking, small animal, accuracy practice

3 12 gauge for home defense / hunting

4 rifle to reach out and touch someone / hunting

5 shorter rifle for close carry / hunting or larger pistol...

hmm.

CC - should be a solid performer - 45 or 357. Colt New Agent - 45 (size, grip fits hand, tunnel sight = less chance of catching gun on clothing as pulled) If cheap - Bersa UC 45.

22LR - Ruger or Marlin- but basically most any 22LR semi or bolt will do.

12 gauge - still looking but a pump with swappable barrels (long for hunting/ short for Home Defense) It still must have the shoulder stock, not a hand grip only...

Rifle - well, the simple cheap thing would be a Mosin Nagant 1981 / 30 as it is cheap and ammo is too. A Marlin 336 would also do - 30-30 is easy to find, reasonable price. but basically a lever or semi or bolt with at least a 30-30 caliber...

Shorter rifle for close carry - Marlin 336 meets that requirement, or something related to military - like a FAL (DS Arms STG-58) or M1a (for 308) or M16 / Mini 14 in 5.56 or a 30 caliber M1 carbine./ Or have a full size firearm like a 1911...

So, um can I have 6?

Edited by HvyMtl

12 gauge - still looking but a pump with swappable barrels (long for hunting/ short for Home Defense) It still must have the shoulder stock, not a hand grip only...

Simple enough, either get something like the 870 Express Synthetic:

lgsil_870expsyn7.jpg

6+1 rounds w/18" barrel

And add a long barrel with Rem Choke

Or go the opposite way and get a basic 870:

870express%5B1%5D_sm.jpg

And add a 18" barrel with no choke.

I like first option better, more capacity, more weather resistant.

- OS

That's an easy one.

Springfield 1911a1 .45ACP

.357/9mm Convertible Blackhawk

.22 cal bolt action Rifle. (I have a Remington I'm pretty happy with)

12 Gauge Remington 870

Springfield M1A

If I could add a sixth one, I'd pick a Ruger MkII or MkIII .22 Auto with a bull barrel.

Decisions..decisions my 5 must have are:

1. 1911 full-size

2. Ruger 10/22

3. M-4orgery in 5.56

4. Bolt action in 30-06

5. Pump 12 ga.

Have more but these would cover all situations, but hated to leave the rest of the family out. It is like just having only one dog, not goning to happen.

Guest 70below

FIVE GUNS.......NO one needs that many!! :tough:

870/500 in 12ga

Polymer gun in 9/40/45

308/30-06 battle rifle

AR/AK in 5.45x39

AK/SKS in 7.62x39

If we need at 223/5.56 in TEOTWAWKI, they'll be plenty on the ground.