I wish I only had one on my list. I want (in no particular order):

1) Ed Brown Special Forces

2) Colt Delta Elite 10mm

3) FN 5.7

4) S&W Model 625

5) Ed Brown Kobra Karry

6) S&W Model 610

7) Beretta 92FS

I'll probably get none of these in the short term unless a deal comes along that I just can't pass up. I had a line on a great deal on a Delta Elite and let it sit for one day too long. Missed out.

Guest mikedwood

I got weak. I found a Ruger Security Six with a 6" barrel and I snapped it up like a fat kid on cake. Super smoooooooth and light trigger. I dunno if it's broken or not but it sure shoots well.

Ok, Ok next on the list is a Para GI Expert unless I come across something else I can't pass up.

Guest eyebedam
I was thinking that I might go for a Kahr PM9... and then started thinking about the Glock 26... but now I'm leaning toward an M&P 9mm Compact for some reason. I can't explain the way my mind works. :)

David I think Roy291 may have a SC M&P he's wanting to find a new home. He mentioned it to me the other day.

M1 Carbine. Sorry it's not a sidearm, but it's what I need to round out my collection.:)

I have seen the prices of a few of these lately. Makes me sick that I sold mine off several years ago, except one. I bought a bunch of them for $175-200 a piece and paid the whopping price of $400 for an paratrooper. B)

On another note I guess I am not really looking to increase the number of guns I have at the moment. I am focusing on buying a few more mags for a couple of my pistols, adding some holsters, especially IWB, and buying more ammo and reloading supplies for numerous calibers and cartridges.

Edited by Warbird
Guest RGL01
I have seen the prices of a few of these lately. Makes me sick that I sold mine off several years ago, except one. I bought a bunch of them for $175-200 a piece and paid the whopping price of $400 for an paratrooper. :(

On another note I guess I am not really looking to increase the number of guns I have at the moment. I am focusing on buying a few more mags for a couple of my pistols, adding some holsters, especially IWB, and buying more ammo and reloading supplies for numerous calibers and cartridges.

$500 for a CMP Rack Grade is too much IMO, as they say that the bores may have heavy pitting. I've got a '43 Inland that I picked up in '94 for ~$400. Not the most accurate gun, but it's been 100% reliable. Any gun I really like I have at least two of (Garands, 1911s, '03s, Lee-Enfields).:D

Edited by RGL01
$500 for a CMP Rack Grade is too much IMO, as they say that the bores may have heavy pitting. I've got a '43 Inland that I picked up in '94 for ~$400. Not the most accurate gun, but it's been 100% reliable. Any gun I really like I have at least two of (Garands, 1911s, '03s, Lee-Enfields).:(

I agree about $500 being too much for rack grades. All of the ones I picked up years ago were in excellent shape. Of course at that time as I said paratroopers were the high cost of $400 and the good grade Garands were $500. I have only one Garand left, a NM Springfield.

Guest eyebedam
Scratched the itch today. New M&P 9c "pocket gun" courtesy of Daniel and the gang at Guns & Leather. :rolleyes:

Will there be fancy pics to follow? Congrats

Guest RGL01
I agree about $500 being too much for rack grades. All of the ones I picked up years ago were in excellent shape. Of course at that time as I said paratroopers were the high cost of $400 and the good grade Garands were $500. I have only one Garand left, a NM Springfield.

Times have indeed changed. The only affordable milsurps left are Lee-Enfields, but you make up for the cheap price of the rifle with expensive .303 British ammo. Still, they're nice to have too. :rolleyes:

• Administrator
Will there be fancy pics to follow? Congrats

At some point. I'm sick as a dog today so I'm home from work. If I'm feeling better later I'll try to get some pics. Right now I'm doing good just to sit up and use a computer.

• 4 months later...
Guest Halfpint

Realized after reading this thread again that I bought both of the guns I said I was looking for, and have since sold the Mosquito . . .

Hmm . . . Lately I've really been wanting a full-size 1911, or another USP Compact, since I foolishly sold my old one. But I also need a .22 pistol with a threaded barrel to replace the Mosquito.

So . . .

Kimber Warrior

USP Compact 9mm, or Compact Tactical .45

Walther P-22 or Glock .22 conversion

And, posting for KimberChick, probably an AR of some kind, or a bolt gun . . . for her. :D

For right now I've absolutely gotta have a Sig Mosquito next. I need a handgun that's cheaper to shoot than the .40 or the .45, and this seems to be the one I'm drawn to the most. Had to finish up a couple other project first, but as soon as the gun budget gets built back up I'll be adding one of these to my collection.

Guest KimberChick

And, posting for KimberChick, probably an AR of some kind, or a bolt gun . . . for her. :up:

heheh, yeah. I do want another 700 but in .308 instead of 7mm mag this time around. I'm such a target nerd that my AR build would need to be suitable for above-average tack driving and SHTF purposes...so at the very least a set of barrels and probably couple optics. Oh, and a flash "redirector" on the shorter barrel. The difference that little accessory made was obscene.

My don't need it, don't have a reason to buy it handgun....full size 1911 in 10mm. I shot one once at the range....it shook my teeth in my jaws. Not joking. Still wouldn't kick it out of the safe though. :)