What if... gun possession was banned?

Guest PapaB

What if possessing a gun was made illegal in the U.S. as it has in several other countries. It would take a few years to reach the SCOTUS to be overturned.

It wouldn't be prudent to say what you would do, but what do you think most gun owners would do?

Here's one scenario. Obama signs an international treaty. A part of that treaty requires member nations to confiscate and destroy firearms owned by their citizens. How do you think the majority of gun owners would handle this?

A. Turn them in.

B. Hide them & deny possession

C. Rise up and revolt.

D. Other

For myself, I'm afraid that most would choose B but I think C would be the only way to regain our rights.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tn-gun-owners-announcements/17548-regarding-anti-government-overthrow-tyrannt-secessionist-threads.html

Please be careful with where this thread goes, or it will be locked. Sorry; I just have a pet peeve about these topics since they tend to ruin the "mainstream credibility" of firearms ownership when they devolve into tales of how we're all going to dig foxholes in our yards and fight the man.

I think I can safely say that many of us here share the same worries. I just don't think that a public forum is the place to discuss some of the courses of action that some folks may choose to take.

My guess is that this subject is one the powers that currently be would have great desire to monitor. I figure it would take a long time for any word of mandatory surrender to reach back into these hills.:puke: I may never get the word.

It is going to take a lot more than Obozo signing a treaty to make me surrender any thing I legally own. I understand what history has taught me in this arena and I understand the dangers.

oldogy

Guest mustangdave

First off...and I think I've said this in other threads...Obama can sign all the silly #$^%* treaties he wants...they still have to go through the ratification process...and that can take...YEARS....

Well, I think first we should send this link to every LEO and Military we know and ask them to sign up and pass it along too. If nothing else it sends a strong and clear message to lawmakers.

I truly expect them to try something with guns if the healthcare bill passes with a govt option. And they will do it in the name of reducing healthcare cost and public safety.

Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic

Vote, become active whether it is emails, or phone calls or supporting a person running, run yourself. Get off the sidelines and do something. Anything is more than nothing.

Guest HexHead

Signing a UN treaty doesn't trump our Constitution. Ignoring the 2nd amendment like that would be illegal. I would treat anyone trying to rob me as the thugs they are.

Signing a UN treaty doesn't trump our Constitution. Ignoring the 2nd amendment like that would be illegal. I would treat anyone trying to rob me as the thugs they are.

While just signing a treaty doesn't trump the Constitution Article VI, second paragraph states:"This Constitution and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof: and all Treaties made, or whch shall be made, un the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of theLand;..."So if approved by the Senate and signed by the President the treaties become federal law.