New here, should I stick around or not?

Guest peacexxl

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of back patting BS in this thread. David you seriously altered a text entry because 1 guy pops up and is like "Hi I'm black, I'd like to stay on your forum if you placate me."?

Where was all the outrage in other threads by all you posters who called people "stupid" and "ignorant"? Oh yea...it wasn't there because you don't really care.

If the Memphis Africa conjunction offends you I think you need to get thicker skin and quit whining. I live and work with some of the worst Mogadishu on the Mississippi has to offer and I know black people who use all the terms that get spit out here.

8 pages of complete and total pandering.

Guest Verbal Kint
What a bunch of back patting BS in this thread. David you seriously altered a text entry because 1 guy pops up and is like "Hi I'm black, I'd like to stay on your forum if you placate me."?

Where was all the outrage in other threads by all you posters who called people "stupid" and "ignorant"? Oh yea...it wasn't there because you don't really care.

If the Memphis Africa conjunction offends you I think you need to get thicker skin and quit whining. I live and work with some of the worst Mogadishu on the Mississippi has to offer and I know black people who use all the terms that get spit out here.

8 pages of complete and total pandering.

In all honesty, I agree 110%... and my stance wouldn't differ if it was racially based or not.

Our country is in the crapper for this very reason... we keep caving and altering rules just to appease the individuals who get butthurt, rather than tell them to GTFOI or not let the door hit them on the way out.

Gotta love diplomacy. :tinfoil:

In all honesty, I agree 110%... and my stance wouldn't differ if it was racially based or not.

Our country is in the crapper for this very reason... we keep caving and altering rules just to appease the individuals who get butthurt, rather than tell them to GTFOI or not let the door hit them on the way out.

Gotta love diplomacy. :tinfoil:

Exactly and thank you. I could give a crap what color anyone here is and if people where spouting out the N word and stuff I wouldn't be shocked to see that get shut down, but what about when someone spits out towel head or rag head? I've never seen the PC crusaders come barging in to stick up for our Arab population...oh wait.

• Administrator

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We filter several offensive words, the N-bomb being one of them. I see no problem with filtering a fairly racist term like Memph(rica) just as I see no problem filtering the N-Bomb.

Stupid and Idiot are terms that know no racial boundaries, so I think we'll keep them around for a while. They are useful words for describing complaints about filtering racist terminology.

:hijack:

• Administrator
I've never seen the PC crusaders come barging in to stick up for our Arab population...oh wait.

You're right. We should filter out racist terms no matter what race they are aimed at. I'll get right on that.

In the meantime, you seem pretty grouchy. Go write some parking tickets or something. It'll make you feel better.

David, I do appreciate you reprogramming degatory terms for the place of my birth...the place I was raised and will always call my hometown. Quite frankly I was getting sick and ******* tired of middle and east Tenneseans putting down a place they have never been.

Completely unnecessary but it's nice just the same. :up:

Now, Welcome peacexxl. If you stick around you might get pissed from time to time. We all do.:hijack:

...but what about when someone spits out towel head or rag head? I've never seen the PC crusaders come barging in to stick up for our Arab population..

Yeah, was gonna mention to peacexxl that we're all just fine and free thinking and accommodating folks all about individual freedom and all like that sort of thing, but that if he happened to be a converted Muslim, he might not want to state that.

But I decided not to mention it.

- OS

Guest SUNTZU

I cry myself to sleep when people call me a guinea, wop, greaser, or dago. And then they make me dress up like an Indian.

ironeyescody_450.jpg

There's some irony there in that photograph.

Oh look, a video.

Now, lets tiptoe through the tulips.

David, I do appreciate you reprogramming degatory terms for the place of my birth...the place I was raised and will always call my hometown. Quite frankly I was getting sick and ******* tired of middle and east Tenneseans putting down a place they have never been.

Completely unnecessary but it's nice just the same. :)

Now, Welcome peacexxl. If you stick around you might get pissed from time to time. We all do.:drool:

Hold your horses, Sparky. I didn't see anyone suggest that we shouldn't still give Memphis to Arkansas.

Most of us have never been to North Korea or Somalia, but are pretty sure they're not somewhere we'd like to build our dream home.:P

Guest jackdm3
Hold your horses, Sparky. I didn't see anyone suggest that we shouldn't still give Memphis to Arkansas.

Most of us have never been to North Korea or Somalia, but are pretty sure they're not somewhere we'd like to build our dream home.:drool:

And have us mingle with the those that botched the trials of the West Memphis Three, based on no evidence other than the beaten confession of a mentally challenged teen over the course of 22 hours because the kids dressed in black and loved heavy metal? I'll take my chances with our local thugs.

And have us mingle with the those that botched the trials of the West Memphis Three, based on no evidence other than the beaten confession of a mentally challenged teen over the course of 22 hours because the kids dressed in black and loved heavy metal? I'll take my chances with our local thugs.

That whole deal is a fuster cluck. With the support of Henry Rollins, Slipknot, Slayer, Motorhead, Queens of the Stone Age, Ice-T, Metallica, Eddie Vedder, etc, I really thought things would turn around for the WM3.

Guest Verbal Kint
Racism is getting to be like that movie field of dreams - if you really believe in it, you'll see the game. The rest of us are just gonna stand around asking WTF.

:P

Wait... I sit around and ask WTF in pretty much half the threads on here already. :drool:

You're right. We should filter out racist terms no matter what race they are aimed at. I'll get right on that.

In the meantime, you seem pretty grouchy. Go write some parking tickets or something. It'll make you feel better.

Hey - Arabs are the same race as me, so if someone is making racist comments about them, they're talking about me and I'm offended.

I demand my RATS!

Arabs are an ethnic group, not a race.

When better nits are picked, the nitpicker will pick 'em. :drool:

PS - I've never been to Memphis but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it. I probably wouldn't like Camelot. I don't like cities in general. That's not a prejudice - I lived in the Detroit suburbs for 33 years.

Edited by enfield