Siderlock Safety for Glocks

Marswolf

Anyone who says "some are easier than others" in this context and then advocates carrying a 1911 w/ the safety off, is obviously suffering from a disconnect of major proportions. I doubt that you can make any headway w/ them over the internet. Or then again, maybe it's just their bias showing as opposed to their "well reasoned, logical conclusions".:stick:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing as ive had to use a weapon against another person ill go ahead and make the decision for myself.

^___^

(thats a smilie face btw)

Just to add to my previous comment...

Since you are familiar with situations involving the urgent need for a firearm, though it sounds like that was in a different setting than you deal with on a daily basis, is the issue you have carrying your weapon with the chamber loaded due to your mistrust of the firearm to remain safe, or of yourself to handle it safely? I'm a little confused about the reason. Because if it's the gun you mistrust, perhaps it would be a better idea to find a different model which you feel secure enough in keeping loaded?

I guess that's why 3 people see something happen and then tell 3 very different versions of what they saw.

Rather than a good reason not to carry a Glock or 1911, I would say it's a very good reason to watch what you're doing and be familiar with your own gear (gun or anything else). But what do I know?:up:

I think its a psychological thing. We went red only when leaving the wire. leaving the wire meant get your game face on and start looking for threats, start looking everywhere all the time. I felt like that when we first got back for quite some time and dont want to again unless necessary.

by red i mean mag in, chamber loaded, yellow mag in,no round chambered, green no mag, no round chambered.

Yall forget a 1911 with the manual safety off still has a grip safety,thus a foreign object getting caught in the trigger guard causing an ND is still less likely

So what? If you're shoving the gun back in a holster, your hand will have the grip safety disengaged. Grip safeties are so overrated.

So what? If you're shoving the gun back in a holster, your hand will have the grip safety disengaged. Grip safeties are so overrated.

Not if you train yourself to put your thumb on the slide.

But there are several reasons I've never carried a 1911, even when they issued one to me.

If you like carrying a GLOCK then do so, if not then don't. Please do not put down someone elses firearm choice, it's like talking bad about their dogs, wife or kids.

A firearm such as the GLOCK has a safety same as every other, operator, so if you want an external safety go for it but I would suggest getting a firearm that was designed with one and not a add-on.

GLOCK's work but so do many others so just be safe.:)

Edited by DWARREN123
If you like carrying a GLOCK then do so, if not then don't. Please do not put down someone elses firearm choice, it's like talking bad about their dogs, wife or kids.

+1 Dwarren123, I like how you put your dogs before your wife and kids :) HaHa! j/k ;):)

I definitely do agree with your first sentence there. Glocks are my favorite semi-auto but I don't go around putting down 1911's, Kahrs, Kel-tecs, etc. This whole Glock argument is just silly. I wish we could all just get along! :(

Guest GLOCKGUY

I definitely do agree with your first sentence there. Glocks are my favorite semi-auto but I don't go around putting down 1911's, Kahrs, Kel-tecs, etc. This whole Glock argument is just silly. I wish we could all just get along! :(

i agree :)

Are we having a sensitive day around here? People seem to be getting all upset if other folks disagree with them.

Dogs have different characteristics. Some are better hunting dogs, some are better guard or attack dogs. Some are better lap dogs.

Same with guns. Some are better carry guns, some are better target guns. Some are better hunting guns. I don't buy this "don't say anything mean about my gun" stuff.

If you want to hear no discouraging word about Glocks, Glock Talk is a wonderful, if irritatingly mindless, place to be. Personally, I want to see the merits and demerits of different guns debated. Why else would I be here?

Go ahead and say nasty things about H&Ks and Berettas and Kel-Tecs. I can take it. :)

Guest GLOCKGUY

Beretta's are they still making guns. i thought they would be out of business by now. i mean just selling 100 to 200 guns a year :) J/K

I carry an XD,and just like Glock guys say there finger is there safety,well my thumb is mine.Its the same with a 1911.only if you screw up and let your finger hit the trigger on a glock then ND.Now if I screw up and let my thumb slip and my grip safety gets pressed then no ND

Guest db99wj
Not if you train yourself to put your thumb on the slide.

But there are several reasons I've never carried a 1911, even when they issued one to me.

I carry an XD,and just like Glock guys say there finger is there safety,well my thumb is mine.Its the same with a 1911.only if you screw up and let your finger hit the trigger on a glock then ND.Now if I screw up and let my thumb slip and my grip safety gets pressed then no ND

Levels of safety, as Mars and Strickj have said, while reholstering, you put your thumb on top of the slide, over the rear sites, this completely disengages the grip safety and that will stop the trigger from engaging.

But even with that said, I still see it as all guns are loaded and only point them at things that you are willing to destroy.:confused: