A Day In The Life Of A Forum Administrator (February 2010 Edition)

TGO David

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

The fact that he insists that he must be reinstated immediately speaks well of the information that can be gathered via TGO. I don't know of many folks that would sue just because they can't contribute to a forum. Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.

• Administrator

Now this character is stalking me on the Internet and has started sending bogus complaints to our domain name registrar (GoDaddy) and making unusual threats by email and by messaging on other social sites like Facebook.

As much as I dislike casual use of the legal system, I'm convincing myself that this particular person is the kind for whom Emergency Protective Orders were designed. At least this way I have legal documentation of problems with them if they show unwise judgment and initiate some sort of physical confrontation.

Now this character is stalking me on the Internet and has started sending bogus complaints to our domain name registrar (GoDaddy) and making unusual threats by email and by messaging on other social sites like Facebook.

As much as I dislike casual use of the legal system, I'm convincing myself that this particular person is the kind for whom Emergency Protective Orders were designed. At least this way I have legal documentation of problems with them if they show unwise judgment and initiate some sort of physical confrontation.

I can only imagine what your inbox looks like on a daily basis. I'm sure that "delete" button must be worn out!! This person you banned seems to have quite an attitude. I can picture him at DMV "demanding" to get his HCP or else... :whistle: He needs to take 2 :up: and get on with life!

Well at least you should be aware of the Leonard Syndrome.

Guest Drewsett

I'm just curious...was this person originally just temp banned? It would be completely hilarious if he/she was only temp banned initially...then sent this letter.

Guest BEARMAN

Reckon fellas, this individual might resort to the age old tactic of "holding his breath, till his face turns blue" if Ol' Dave don't open the door, and let him out of "time out"? :D

Guest tnvolfan

Fearless Leader (TGO David), I really had no idea you had to put up with this sort of thing. More than anything, it's just really sad. You know, there are MANY other gun forums, and this individual could very easily try to get connected in one of them. It really is sad that this individual has nothing better to do with their time than to make threats to you and TGO. I don't really think they have all this money laying around to hire a lawyer to sue TGO. If I'm wrong about this, I hope you will let us know so that we can at least establish a legal defense fund for you and TGO.

"Contrary to popular thought, life as a forum admin isn't all glitzy parties, stretched limos and half-naked ladies."

But if your day is half filled with any of the above it cant be all bad.

What got him banned,I was a smart ass in that grammar post and didnt get the boot.This guy had to send some pretty bad pm's to get banned.I have seen a few heated posts and no banned members came of them.

Just wondering could the perp not sign in under a new name or even be a visitor learking now?

Fearless Leader (TGO David), I really had no idea you had to put up with this sort of thing. More than anything, it's just really sad. You know, there are MANY other gun forums, and this individual could very easily try to get connected in one of them. It really is sad that this individual has nothing better to do with their time than to make threats to you and TGO. I don't really think they have all this money laying around to hire a lawyer to sue TGO. If I'm wrong about this, I hope you will let us know so that we can at least establish a legal defense fund for you and TGO.

Yep, let us know!!! Sounds like he did too much of that "smok'n" that he accused others of!! You know I've been around the world, met thousands of people and funny thing, don't matter if spoken or written, by the 3rd sentence, you know when you've met an a$$hole.:rolleyes:

Guest jackdm3

Volzfan got me up to speed on what I missed when I slept in this morning. I thought we were talking about the 6 people On Vacation on the "Why was my thread closed?" Can't believe I missed all the good stuff. Word!

Guest Bronker
Volzfan got me up to speed on what I missed when I slept in this morning. I thought we were talking about the 6 people On Vacation on the "Why was my thread closed?" Can't believe I missed all the good stuff. Word!

Oh man, it was still going on at 0230 this morning! It was hilarious.

I was awake...:rolleyes: