There's Something Rotten in the State of Tennessee

Guest Drewsett

Guest Drewsett

So, I got called an "extremist" today.

My restaurant (Stoney River) put up a gunbuster sign today.

I expressed my dismay to the managing partner and he tried to tell me he got a letter "from the government" that indicated he had to post a gunbuster sign to be in compliance with the new law.

I'm sure the letter actually came from Rayburn's anti group, but he won't let me see it to verify. I find it odd that not a week after I posted the restaurant and its address in the list of restaurants planning not to post...he received this letter.

This leads me to believe two things:

One, the Rayburnites are cruising our threads looking for restaurants to send signage to

Two, they are rather ambiguously wording their letters and including gunbuster signs to get as many restaurants to post as possible.

I tried to reason with him and express how I now felt unsafe because of the fact that any criminal now sees this restaurant as a good spot to come rob because there will be no one to stop him. He called me an extremist. He also tried to tell me that he didn't need a gun to defend himself from someone with a gun. Idiotic

I will be looking for a new job after Christmas. Anyone know any upscale restaurants that need good servers/bartenders?

Edited by Drewsett
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not good. We might need to reconsider the restaurants that will not or have not posted thread....I'm going to delete the restaurant I work at from the list. We have not posted yet, but if we do I will quit. We've already been robbed at gun point in 2009. I won't stick around to let it happen a 2nd time.

Hey Rayburn or any of his lackeys....bite me

I'm in Westmoreland, Tn and its a small town, come on up and let's talk about it.

I think that if you can come up with a cigar box full of Westmoreland cock roaches, I'll buy you dinner at the Sunset Grill. Make sure you tape it up. Don't want any getting loose.

Guest nashvegas
I think that if you can come up with a cigar box full of Westmoreland cock roaches, I'll buy you dinner at the Sunset Grill. Make sure you tape it up. Don't want any getting loose.

Oh, and FYI, you can legally carry there...

I think they are already stocked. We send all our roaches to Lafayette anyway.

(gregintenn will respond in 4, 3, 2.....)

Didn't Rayburns restaurant recently have a sewage leak? Thought I read that somewhere as well.

It appears to have several sewage leaks. Nashville Scene and maybe some letters. Sewage!

It's a letter from the 'Gun Free Dining' website, and includes a couple of very small gunbuster signs... I don't see how anybody can be confused and think the letter comes from the government though. They must have sent a ton of them out last week and clearly they're using the list from this website to target some restaurants.

I can provide a copy if you guys haven't seen it already... spelling mistakes and all.

So, I got called an "extremist" today.

My restaurant (Stoney River) put up a gunbuster sign today.

I expressed my dismay to the managing partner and he tried to tell me he got a letter "from the government" that indicated he had to post a gunbuster sign to be in compliance with the new law.

I'm sure the letter actually came from Rayburn's anti group, but he won't let me see it to verify. I find it odd that not a week after I posted the restaurant and its address in the list of restaurants planning not to post...he received this letter.

This leads me to believe two things:

One, the Rayburnites are cruising our threads looking for restaurants to send signage to

Two, they are rather ambiguously wording their letters and including gunbuster signs to get as many restaurants to post as possible.

I tried to reason with him and express how I now felt unsafe because of the fact that any criminal now sees this restaurant as a good spot to come rob because there will be no one to stop him. He called me an extremist. He also tried to tell me that he didn't need a gun to defend himself from someone with a gun. Idiotic

I will be looking for a new job after Christmas. Anyone know any upscale restaurants that need good servers/bartenders?

It's a letter from the 'Gun Free Dining' website, and includes a couple of very small gunbuster signs... I don't see how anybody can be confused and think the letter comes from the government though. They must have sent a ton of them out last week and clearly they're using the list from this website to target some restaurants.

I can provide a copy if you guys haven't seen it already... spelling mistakes and all.

I would like to see a copy of it.

Guest KimberChick
There are currently 131 users online. 53 members and 75 guests and 3 bedwetters

LMAO, to expect "the list" to somehow skirt an attack by the liberals it was made in response to was a bit absurd. When the little fish asks the big fish how he got so big...it sure as hell wasn't because he went about opening his mouth so much.

Two things I've learned in my limited time on this Earth:

1. What people don't know won't hurt them.

and

2. Never, EVER lose the element of surprise. It's your upper hand, exploit it.

Carry on... :)

Guest Drewsett

It DOES seem we made the mistake of underestimating our opponents.

They can't all be as dumb as we think they are, if they were, natural selection would have solved our problem years ago.