The Walking Dead.

I liked that Carol took over the pick to finish off Ed out of what appeared to be either love or duty, then proceeded to take out her hatred of the man. I was surprised that they left Jim behind like that. I thought their final act before driving away would be to shoot him. I know Rick offered him a revolver to do it himself, Knowing hat he'd end up being a walker at best, and fresh walker food at worst, it seems that killing him would be the thing. I can understand them not doing. That would be a really hard thing to do. I'm just surprised they didn't kill him. Or let him do it and then retreive the gun.

I'm not to sure about him dying or becoming a zombie though. They made him have a vision and then just take him off? I don't think that's the last we will see of Jim.

True. So far we've only seen people killed by Z's come back as Z's. Infected by the virus but still alive could have different results.

Infected by the virus but still alive is what happened to Morgan's wife. Eventually, she died of the virus and, because he didn't have the heart to make sure she stayed dead, she came back as a zombie.

It did suck that Jim ended up getting bitten after having fought so hard (with just a baseball bat, no less) to protect the others in the camp. Much more than just trying to keep them off of himself, it looked to me like he was running around like a man possessed, trying to protect the others. Maybe that was his way of making up for his perceived failure to protect his family. Maybe that is even why he was able to find a measure of peace at the end. For whatever reason, he didn't want to shoot himself and didn't want the others to do it, either. It was his choice.

Guest SMZRU275

I love how this show showcases the human struggles if this was to ever happen. It isn't just a bunch of people getting headshots and raiding cities. It's that aspect of people trying to hold on to a sense a humanity that I believe gives this show staying power. Glad that Season 2 is 13 episodes, vs. this first season of only 6.

I love how this show showcases the human struggles if this was to ever happen. It isn't just a bunch of people getting headshots and raiding cities. It's that aspect of people trying to hold on to a sense a humanity that I believe gives this show staying power. Glad that Season 2 is 13 episodes, vs. this first season of only 6.

Yea they get you excited with a good new show and then you only get six episodes for season one...

absolutely LOVE. THIS. SHOW. !!!!! Yes I did catch the upside down flag in the trailer, yes it was a shame that Jim is going down, what I want to know is how the sheriff and his deputy resolve this thing about the sheriff's wife. After all, she was doing the deputy prior to knowing her hubby was still alive. We will see how this plays out. This is the best series since "Dark Shadow's" as far as saga's go. Can't wait for season finale Sunday. Would love to be a walk on zombie!!!

In a recent interview with the comic series creator Kirkman, he said that at the point he's at in the comic series today, only 2 of the original cast we see in season 1 of the show are still alive. Of course they don't have to strictly follow the comic books.

This show has become one of my must see shows now. I am wondering when ole one hand will show back up?

good point......I have been so consumed with the other characters, I forgot about him. I remember the crew running to find their vehicle and it was gone and saying he had taken it. Completely slipped my mind.

This show has become one of my must see shows now. I am wondering when ole one hand will show back up?

I will say this: I do not normally watch TV aside from football. I just don't. Can't stand most sitcoms, dramas, comedies, etc.; but this has become a ritual. I have watched this from beginning to date. Can't not watch it. My wife thinks something slipped a gear upstairs, because out of all the shows on tv it's a zombie show. I went through the same thing with "Swamp People".

The tv browsing has also lead to the most realistic SHTF scenario I have seen. Out of oil. Scarier than zombies, even, because you can't shoot "out of oil" in the head..

Edited by Good_Steward
The only question that I have is. What did the doctor tell Rick right before they left?

Did he inform Rick about Shane forcing hisself on Lori?

If I were a gambling man, and I am not, I would say he told him, "We caused this, it was a biological weapon gone wrong."

Just guessing.

If I were a gambling man, and I am not, I would say he told him, "We caused this, it was a biological weapon gone wrong."

Just guessing.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT:

Well, I haven't read the comics but I have read a synopsis of them online. In the comics, Lori was pregnant with and gave birth to a little girl that might be Rick's or might be Shane's. My bet is that the blood tests revealed her pregnancy to Jenner. He probably figured it was more harm than good to tell them when he intended for them to die with him as it could only hurt them more. Once he saw that they intended to live, he probably thought Rick should know. Of course, he'd have no reason to suspect that the baby might not be Rick's.

Edited by JAB

Remember how Daryl said that Merle would be "taking some vengeance back to the camp," when they realized that the truck was gone? Remember how after the zombie attack on the camp Daryl said that they, "had it coming," or something along those lines, for what they did to Merle? Somehow, it just keeps occurring to me that Merle may have somehow been responsible for the attack on the camp - as in he might even have somehow managed to load that delivery truck up with walkers and deliver them to the camp.

It just seems like too much of a coincidence, to me, that Rick and the others would be running back to camp for fear of what Merle was going to do only to arrive in camp in the middle of the zombie fight. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't think so.

Remember how Daryl said that Merle would be "taking some vengeance back to the camp," when they realized that the truck was gone? Remember how after the zombie attack on the camp Daryl said that they, "had it coming," or something along those lines, for what they did to Merle? Somehow, it just keeps occurring to me that Merle may have somehow been responsible for the attack on the camp - as in he might even have somehow managed to load that delivery truck up with walkers and deliver them to the camp.

It just seems like too much of a coincidence, to me, that Rick and the others would be running back to camp for fear of what Merle was going to do only to arrive in camp in the middle of the zombie fight. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I don't think so.

no, Merle couldn't get enough walkers into a van without being overtaken due to the fact he has one arm. Don't think Merle had anything to do with the camp attack. As for what the doc told Rick, told him the wife was pregnant. Now to determine who's it is. As for all you who said that only two (2) of the originals would be back next season.....FAIL!!!! Looks like they only lost one last night so they all have to return at least for the first show.

no, Merle couldn't get enough walkers into a van without being overtaken due to the fact he has one arm. Don't think Merle had anything to do with the camp attack. As for what the doc told Rick, told him the wife was pregnant. Now to determine who's it is. As for all you who said that only two (2) of the originals would be back next season.....FAIL!!!! Looks like they only lost one last night so they all have to return at least for the first show.

Only two current characters exist in the current timeline of the graphic novels. The novels are a year or so ahead of the series.