1. 1. What do you only own?

• I am just a handgun owner
    • I am just a long gun owner

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mostly handguns. Only rifle is a 10/22. I am definitely more interested in handguns but there are a few long guns I will eventually have.

Ruger Mini 14 is on my list.

Erik, If you ever find yourself near macon county, I'll let you put a mini 14 through it's paces. I might even turn you on to some vintage Winchesters and Savages. Bring the LCR when you come.

Erik, If you ever find yourself near macon county, I'll let you put a mini 14 through it's paces. I might even turn you on to some vintage Winchesters and Savages. Bring the LCR when you come.

deal! now I need to find out where Macon county is.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Count me as another with rifles, handguns, and shotguns. Could stand to have a few more of each, but there's plenty of time for that I suppose.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Mostly handguns for me but I do have an M-15 and an M-4 along with a couple days new 10-22 carbine that I have been wanting to sleep with:p....it is just so basic and simple and sweet looking.;)

I still have plenty on the handgun and long gun lists though. I never really have a clue of just what may be next and what I think maybe usually dont end up being.

Heck after the first of the year I told myself and some others that I had enough guns and was not going to buy any this year and still have bought two so far already:rolleyes:

I also do not have a shot gun yet nor a grenade launcher or even a hand grenade for that matter.:popcorn::D

I think I like the handguns best because they are what I can carry for protection and I have a place where I can shoot them at. If I could shoot in my yard or even had a long gun range close by I am sure I would like, want and have more of those.

Sort of. I prefer handguns but own a number of long guns that I rarely shoot, many of them inherited. Apart from a couple purchased for my wife, I have never bought a long gun, bought many handguns. Probably put 100 handgun rounds downrange for every 1 in a rifle over my life; a typical rifle session for me is 10-20 shots, while an hour with the 22 or 9mm can easily burn out 100 rounds. It wouldnt be that good a ratio except I spent my pre-teen years shooting a 22 rifle with my dad, and recently my wife got a 10/22 that I burned a few 30 round clips thru.

Just got a mini-14 in 223 for the wife. Very nice, only problem I have with it is the oddball mag type, I thought all high-cap 223 semis used the AR type mags, and was hoping she could use my 223 pistol mags in it, but alas they don't fit. I stuck a scope on it & we took it out this weekend, I let her zero it and she had a blast. I had fun playing catch the brass -- it really chucks them out. She got the non-tatical generic rifle style, it looks like a bolt action hunter apart from the flash hider & long magazine.

I own rifles, shotguns and handguns but mostly shoot handguns.

Easier to find a place to shoot handguns plus I like to shoot what I carry.

This is pretty much my situation except I only have one rifle and one shotgun. They are fun to shoot but not fun to shoot indoors which is usually all I can make time for.